18/03/2011 [PF #162] My name is Keaton Jyraneth.

Started by VAE, March 18, 2011, 06:17:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VAE

You killed my city. Prepare to die.

As an aside, i love the scared Simeon face (lowest row)

Brings up a question that was raised elsewhere.  What exactly did Daryil do to him to make him such a sissy?  I mean, he was an assassin in his past, killing creatures... one would have guessed tapping into his actual powers would make him if not worse at least an equal fighter.
Ofc. one could argue that being a sniper, he's useless up close.

[This is actually #162 -TW]
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

joshofspam

This situation requires her assassin to do his job right.

I hope for Keaton's sake he was able to do the job right. What would Keaton do if her assassin failed?
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Tapewolf

Quote from: VAE on March 18, 2011, 06:17:21 PM
Brings up a question that was raised elsewhere.  What exactly did Daryil do to him to make him such a sissy?
I mean, he was an assassin in his past, killing creatures... one would have guessed tapping into his actual powers would make him if not worse at least an equal fighter.

Well, there are several things.  One of which will turn up considerably later.
However, to be fair to Simeon, he did - as you say - tend to pick off his targets from a distance.  Josh's entrance didn't help either.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

I like how da wobot is holding his innards in.

... as if the slice would do more than merely dent his chest. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

AmigaDragon

Get Ashley a bigger wrench, he needs more reach. :mowhappy

In case Keaton tries to steal or consume his soul, or just kills him, does Simeon have a soulstone on him to cheat her?
How damaged is Josh, more superficial or some structural? Definitely repairable either way.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

joshofspam

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on March 18, 2011, 08:45:37 PM

So does this mean having abs of steal aren't really that special?

I wonder just how much Joshua felt of that attack? He's getting back on his feet when most would be be trying to push their organs back in after all.

LionHeart

Keaton's aware that Josh is an android, unless she's forgotten.

What I'd like to know is how Josh seems to be winded, when he doesn't breathe...
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on March 18, 2011, 08:45:37 PM

http://www.project-future.org/stuff/things/pf162_4b-50.png

Note that Josh is a prototype.  Dorcan is a production model, so he would probably just have been dented.
Though to be completely honest, Ren and I were at loggerheads for days over how badly Josh was damaged.  The alternative, "more dramatic" version of the comic is here:

http://www.project-future.org/strips/comic/strip162T.png

...I still think I should have gone with that one, but I couldn't make a firm decision until I could see exactly how the next page was going to look.  Which I haven't, because Ren flatly didn't want to show me until he was happy with it himself, which still hasn't happened because he's now gone offline again.

FWIW, Ren wanted Josh to be almost completely undamaged, but I reasoned that we really needed to give an example of just how nasty 'Cubi tentacles can be, in that a flesh-and-blood Josh would be in two separate parts by now.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Ah, there's the difference. Prototypes are a problem.

KarlOmega1

"Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned"...however, in this case, it should be "Hell hath no fury like a vengeful succubus."

Keaton looks good in that dress btw.
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

Keleth

Just curious, but why is he huffing? Does he have artificial lungs? Or was it just for dramatic effect?
Help! I'm gay!

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Drathorin on March 20, 2011, 01:45:19 PM
Just curious, but why is he huffing? Does he have artificial lungs? Or was it just for dramatic effect?

He may have artificial lungs, but he has a whole lot of inbuilt responses embedded in his meatspace head. No matter what the hardware actually needs, he's going to pant if he runs a lot, at least until he realises it.

So.. when put under a shock like this, he's going to react as if he were a meat puppet, rather than a metal one. If you follow my reasoning.

And, of course, if Tapewolf agrees. ;-]

Madmann135

Wait... so Joshua is the "Super prototype" that is built to more tougher specifications than the production model?
Joshua now needs a beam rifle and boosters for flight.

I like how everyone has their own weapons.  Jakob sports a modern crossbow with what looks like a holographic sight.  Niall is sporting a six shooter.  Ashley is sporting a ...giant gold wrench!?

Quote from: Drathorin on March 20, 2011, 01:45:19 PM

Could be reflex. 
Ever experience something you think will hurt, it happens and you cringed or react even though it did not harm you.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Madmann135 on March 22, 2011, 12:41:03 AM
Wait... so Joshua is the "Super prototype" that is built to more tougher specifications than the production model?
Actually it's the opposite - Josh is still a little rough around the edges.

QuoteAshley is sporting a ...giant gold wrench!?

http://www.visualwalkthroughs.com/systemshock2/crew/crew.htm

QuoteCould be reflex. 
Ever experience something you think will hurt, it happens and you cringed or react even though it did not harm you.
Pretty much.  Perhaps I should have used a slightly different word there.

joshofspam

Seeing Keaton in that last panel (well most of this page really) once again confirms a happy Keaton, is a scary Keaton.

Not to mention I'm a little concerned about what Keaton means there. It sounds almost ominous, is she letting him live or is she sending him to his parents?

When Keaton says your lucky are you really lucky?