Deification (OOC) (Mature)

Started by Chairtastic, February 15, 2011, 05:49:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmberCross

Ah... you probably aren't aware of this because the plan was hashed out in a chatroom, but these eggs are going to take a year to hatch. At least. Using four gods we could have salvaged the old sun somewhat instantaneously, more and we could have gotten it somewhat back to full muster. This plan however requires each god to nurture an egg which will hatch on a timeline depending on how much energy is put into them. Part of the point of having the smoldering remains of the sun I believe was to have at least SOME light salvaged so the people would not freeze to death or something like that. Times are going to be tough enough during this next year...

Ashen Star

Sigh... looks like I'm going to be busy...

VAE

Somebody has a  case of the mondays XD

(Seriously, apparently mondays are associated with more incidents of cardiovascular problems, giving such as Sombriel a ton more work)
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

AmberCross

Ah, sorry. Seems my estimated figures of 'a year' were off. Also inaccurate. And unbased in reality. In actuality I have no idea how long it will take. Possibly that long, possibly longer, possibly shorter. Apparently the official figure is '3 GM posts'. So we'll just have to wait to find out I guess.

Arcalane

This is what you get for not telling us about your plan and just running off to try to fix things by yourself, you know. :rolleyes

e_voyager

Meh he's a god. gods do what they do including me. i've mad my intentions clear and with lack of response form my pears it's time for action. after i wake up.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Ashen Star

Time moves at the speed of plot.

VAE

Quote from: Ashen Star on February 27, 2011, 10:49:48 AM
Time moves at the speed of plot.

Methinks this fundamental law needs to be expressed more clearly

Edited for clarity (and a bad error).
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

e_voyager

sorry guys not only am i busy in rl but i wasn't even here yesterday at all. will post soon as i catch up some
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Arcalane

Looks like we're waiting on a GM post, then. :B

Chairtastic

Actually, I do believe Hatari and Techcubi are up next to post. :B

AmberCross

But what about the mini-post you promised with the Love/War thing?

Arcalane

Quote from: Meany on March 07, 2011, 05:39:50 PM
Actually, I do believe Hatari and Techcubi are up next to post. :B

Well we can't wait for them forever, can we? It'd be improper to let two players hold things up for everyone else. Equally irresponsible of them to have not given a reason for the delay(s), if possible.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see. :P

Chairtastic

Quote from: AmberCross on March 07, 2011, 05:43:45 PM

Your minipost has been upgraded to a full GM post.  There will be no timeskip this time.  Which, for those putting serious effort into hatching their sun eggs, will be good news.  >:3

Dr. Hatari

My bad - I didn't mean to hold up the show for anybody. I've just been in a pretty big fugue lately and haven't been in any kind of mood to swing by and write :< . By all means, keep on keeping on. I'll just have to mark myself as on hiatus for now.

AmberCross

Quote from: Meany on March 08, 2011, 03:31:02 PM
Quote from: AmberCross on March 07, 2011, 05:43:45 PM

Your minipost has been upgraded to a full GM post.  There will be no timeskip this time.  Which, for those putting serious effort into hatching their sun eggs, will be good news.  >:3
Ah... that's probably good for me too. Since I plan to have Aellor finish his storytelling with the announcement of the egg and the hope/war thing if that ends up happening. I'd have done it already if I had a particularly viable and obvious source of power. As is, I plan to command my people to care for the egg as they would care for a child of their own. I assume that like most godly things these eggs can be in multiple places at once?

Chairtastic

Only if you give them the energy to be so.  These aren't gods yet.  They're babies.  They need to learn how to screw with physics. :]  Hatari, noted.  I'll gently remind TC to post, and be on the lookout for a GM post.  One way or another, it will be up before Thursday.

AmberCross

Ah, let me rephrase. Can I PUT things in more than one place at once? Or would it be one original and the rest sort of images... shortcuts... symbollic links and whatnot?

e_voyager

how does they type of energy that we are feeding our sun eggs affect there development?

Chairtastic

E, wait and see.

AC, no.  You can't duplicate them completely yet, so it's the shortcut/symbolic link thing.

Chairtastic

Pardon my double-posting, but as GM I need to say this.

Ashen Star- To be perfectly clear, I handle relations of the players, like yourself, with non-players.  Followers, non-player Gods, the forces of the universe set loose, that sort of thing.  Until you attempt to connect with non-players, I will not be able to give you a section of the GM post.  For everything else, interact with the other players freely.

AmberCross

I would like to say for the record that I am very amused by the ploy of 'Look at your god. Now look at me.'

In other more relevant news, I am going on vacation starting very early Saturday morning and don't know when I'll have internet or whatever. This is probably not an issue as I have not struck up anything (or will anyway once my post is up) that will require my attention after this post, but I figured I'd mention it anyway.

e_voyager

yeah that was pretty funny. sorry i took so long guys but thing's aren't exactly stable at the moment' it's all i can do  to keep up with my other rps let alone write for this one.

KarlOmega1

Um...I was wondering if there was room for one more player in this RP?
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

Chairtastic

Lot's of vacant thrones left.

KarlOmega1

I'm going to try this RP out...

Name: Karaius

Depiction: A Young looking Humanoid adult male with lightly tanned skin and short brown hair. His eyes shone like sapphires. He wears six rings representing six elements, three on each hand. (his left hand has the ones that represent water, wind, and darkness...his right hand has the rings that represent the elements of fire, earth, and light.) He also wears armor that has two colors...silver and gold. From his back protrudes two sets of wings..one set is similar to that of an angel's set of wings...the other is that of a demon's.

Domain: Karaius' domain is that of balance between Light and Dark, the elements,  and the virtues and sins of the people (mortals, angels and demons)...in all, he is considered a god that judges and enforces the balance of the world.

Titles:  The bringer of balance, the child of light and dark.

Island: A Island considered to be a symbol of balance, Soulhaven's sentient population was half made up of humans while the other half were of beastmen (Furres). In the past, the island had a variety of plant life and variable climates.

Origin: A long time ago, before the death of the previous universe, there existed two deities that had lots of children...but they had one problem, the children had no bodies of their own and therefore were just spirits. to help them gain bodies they made a mortal realm to help their children develop bodies. one of these childrem who gained mortal bodies was Karaius. He had sought to find out the secrets of why they were born without immortal bodies...it turned out the source of all gods was sealed within a cup lost upon the world he inhabited. The cup was called the Theistic Chalice. The cup was said to give upon the one drank from it the energies from the mana stream of either the Netherverse or the realm of angels the existance as a god (which type of god was depending on which mana stream they drank from). He had found the chalice and headed to a nexus point where the Netherverse and the Realm of angels connected. however, he drank from where both mana streams originated and gain the abilities of both a dark god and a god of light. seeing that one of their children had gained godhood and the abilities of the both of them...the God of humans, light and angels (known as Jaehwailyn, the patriarch) and the goddesss of beasts, darkness and daemons (known as Altierra) felt that he had matured enough to start out in the next universe to come.

Temperament: His mood towards those who try to live as best as they can is that of kindness and will often try to help those who have lost their way and seek to regain balance in their lives. However, he is not without wrath...and those who recieve it are those who try to destabilize the balance in the world and those who seek to destroy the peace between beastmen and humans.

Clergy: His Priests and priestesses are those who devout themselves fully to the balance of the world and are made up of both beastmen and humans. the most faithful of his clergy is often said to be given the gift of the two toned wings like their god has, by their god.

Symbols: the symbol chosen to represent karaius was a sun-like amulet or pendant, except it had two colors...golden yellow, and purple...one for each half of the symbol.
Family Tree: currently he has no wife or children of his own...but he seeks a Beastwoman to share his godhood with.

How's this for a character profile, Meany?

Edited for spacing
I'm a Skype User.

VAE

hmm, balances sins of souls? That's kinda meh job, considering they are all in my cozy domain! :3
Saphroneth

SquirrelWizard

Can ya break up the profile some? Reading a giant wall o' text is really hard on the eyes, and makes baby Jesus cry.
Update Status: Zombified

<Tezkat> Talking to yourself is a sign of impending mental collapse.
<SquirrelWizard> I talk to myself all the time, and I'm the sanest guy I know.

<TotalBiscuit> Upgrades! Upgrades! Upgrades! Its wacky-waving-inflatable-arm waving... nuclear missile... well, suppose that works...

KarlOmega1

Quote from: VAE on April 01, 2011, 10:28:35 PM
hmm, balances sins of souls? That's kinda meh job, considering they are all in my cozy domain! :3

*looks at Horiv's profile post*

Eh...you sure?
I'm a Skype User.

AmberCross

We have three gods of death as of now. You would basically shove a fourth in there. I also think we have two gods of balance already as well (in a way). They're different sorts of balances, mine is between order and chaos w/flipping and transitions between them while Tez is more about tipping the balance from one state to another and all that other between stuff. This doesn't necessarily exclude another balance, just be aware you have competition.