Previous topic - Next topic

Stig Hemmer

Both your fan arts has been very very cute, Icarus.  Thank you! :hug
Stig Hemmer, at your disservice.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Stig Hemmer

At least.  I saw one with Dan futilely trying to fight a bee, and one with Mathilda peacefully coexisting with the bee.  I may have missed others. (With fan art not being archived and all)

Today there is a picture with eggs and hand grenades.  It is not signed, but thank you to whoever made that one too.
Stig Hemmer, at your disservice.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Stig Hemmer on February 15, 2011, 07:02:38 AM
Today there is a picture with eggs and hand grenades.  It is not signed, but thank you to whoever made that one too.

Probably Darkmoon.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Stig Hemmer on February 15, 2011, 07:02:38 AM
At least.  I saw one with Dan futilely trying to fight a bee, and one with Mathilda peacefully coexisting with the bee.  I may have missed others. (With fan art not being archived and all)

Ah, those two. Those two are re-runs, I believe. Originally posted in November of 2009.

dan vs bee, reading bee, and tea with bee, although that last doesn't appear to be on the server. I believe I shall talk with Ambaargh about returning it to the fold...

Edit:
  Now that I'm at home, I can look through my collection of images and locate call me falina, which also is not on the server. Ho hum...

Anker Steadfast

On a sidenote ... it's totally easy to find which egg has the handgrenade !

Just use a magnet. :)

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Maark30

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on February 15, 2011, 07:12:47 PM

:erk
You sir are cruel to the poor noobs.  :mowdizzy

I like it.  :mowcookie :hug
Proud member of the "Let the artist know how much you love her work" club

Naldru

I would blow up all three eggs.  The one with the biggest bang would be the hand grenade.  I would then find a new supplier of eggs, since anybody who would put a hand grenade in one might put poison in the others.  Since deception is implied, the hand grenade might also be wired to explode if somebody brought a magnet near it, exposed it to x-rays or a bright light, or moved it.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

LionHeart

Stand well back, and shoot each one individually with a sniper rifle. If the first two don't eggsplode explode, then the one remaining is the hen hand grenade.
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on February 15, 2011, 07:19:41 AM
dan vs bee, reading bee, and tea with bee, although that last doesn't appear to be on the server. I believe I shall talk with Ambaargh about returning it to the fold...

Edit:
  Now that I'm at home, I can look through my collection of images and locate call me falina, which also is not on the server. Ho hum...

dan vs bee, reading bee, and tea with bee, and call me falina are all in /Bonus/, rather than in /Images/. Thanks, Xepher, for locating those for me.

Shachza

"Call me Fa'lina" is still borked for me.  :(
            <-- #1 that is!

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Shachza on February 16, 2011, 12:46:07 PM
"Call me Fa'lina" is still borked for me.  :(

That's because "Bonus" is not spelt with two s's. Fixed, thanks. ;-]

AmigaDragon

That only works if magnetic materials were used in it.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

nevwyn

I has solution! To find the hand grenade you need a *holds up a two wood*  :mowmeep

joshofspam

Let's see. A topic about some of the pictures Icarus gave Amber for a rainy day. Lovely delay pictures.

Oh, And a side note about Darkmoon putting grenades in eggs. Hmmmmm... Easters must be quite exciting at your house, Huh Darkmoon? ;)
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Maark30

Quote from: joshofspam on February 17, 2011, 05:39:14 PM
Let's see. A topic about some of the pictures Icarus gave Amber for a rainy day. Lovely delay pictures.

Oh, And a side note about Darkmoon putting grenades in eggs. Hmmmmm... Easters must be quite exciting at your house, Huh Darkmoon? ;)

Considering his relationship to Amber would you expect less?  :mowmeep
Proud member of the "Let the artist know how much you love her work" club

Naldru

I was just thinking of the time Vincent Price played Egghead on the old Batman television series.  He egg-spertly used egg-scrutiating puns about weapons based on eggs.  If Darkmoon served eggs, you would have to eggs-amine them very closely or else the yolk would be on you.

If he served bangers and mash, would you have to worry about them actually going bang?
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

hartree

Exactly!

You tell the person who drew the picture, "I'll give you this large and valuable magnet if you tell me which one is the hand grenade."
:mowhappy
Shoes for industry!

Darkmoon

Easter would not be very exciting around my house at all -- I'm Jewish.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Attic Rat

Quote from: Darkmoon on February 18, 2011, 12:13:43 AM

It's an understandable mistake. Most of the traditions that have risen up around Christian holidays have no religious background or meaning at all, so linking the word "Easter" with an actual faith / belief system..? Not likely to happen.

Yes, I'm a Christian. And I truly wish people would stop trying to cram elves and rabbits into my religion.

Which would you like to be, ignorant or misled?

Darkmoon

Uhhh, no. Despite what you might think, most Jews do not go around celebrating Easter. We have other, more important holidays to deal with around that time like, oh, Passover.

Most Jews have plenty of holidays to deal with, in general, that we don't need to start adding on holidays from other faiths, either in their inter-faith culturally acceptable forms, nor in their religious forms.

And just because Channukah isn't that big a holiday in comparison to Christmas, that doesn't mean Jews are just trying to celebrate their own version of Christmas. Sure, they gotta do something to shut up the kiddies, but it has its own cultural significance that is important in its own right. Plus, you know, Jesus isn't that important to them.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Oh, I dunno. He was important enough for them to nail him to a tree.

Oh, wait, sorry, my mistake. Ask someone else to nail him to a tree for them, so they didn't get their hands dirty.

;-]

hartree

Quote from: Darkmoon on February 18, 2011, 06:33:31 AM
Uhhh, no. Despite what you might think, most Jews do not go around celebrating Easter. We have other, more important holidays to deal with around that time like, oh, Passover.

And Passover brings good things even to us Goyim.  :mowwink

Coke bottling plants in major cities do a run of coke made with real sugar, since corn sweeteners aren't kosher for passover.

Around here you just look for the different color cap on the 2 liters, and the CRC (Chicago Rabbinical Council) emblem.
Shoes for industry!

AmigaDragon

Quote from: hartree on February 18, 2011, 08:06:28 AMAnd Passover brings good things even to us Goyim.  :mowwink

Coke bottling plants in major cities do a run of coke made with real sugar, since corn sweeteners aren't kosher for passover.
Why should something that's not kosher for passover be ok the rest of the year?
Of course, I could apply the same question to Catholics' avoidance of meat on fridays. :mowwink
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Darkmoon

Hey, look. We may have killed Jesus, but we felt plenty guilty over it... mostly becuase we feel guilty about everything. It's in our nature. Eat, breathe, feel guilt.

Corgatha Taldorthar

Quote from: AmigaDragon on February 18, 2011, 11:19:24 AM
]Why should something that's not kosher for passover be ok the rest of the year?
Of course, I could apply the same question to Catholics' avoidance of meat on fridays. :mowwink

On Pesach, (Passover in English), products made out of leavened wheat, oats, rye, spelt, and barley are all forbidden, even in ridiculously minute quantities. If you have a huge tank of water, and someone throws a bread crumb inside, you're not supposed to drink from that tank. You're actually not even supposed to own anything leavened for the duration of the holiday.

While corn and corn products aren't on the aforementioned 5 grain list, a lot of communities, especially ones  of European descent, also ban corn, rice, and peanuts, and probably a few more obscure things I'm not aware of. A Yemenite community, on the other hand, probably wouldn't have any problem with the corn syrup coke.

Tl;DR,  One of the core celebrations of Pesach are a number of dietary restrictions. It's meant to commemorate the Jews leaving Egypt, which they did so quickly their bread didn't have time to rise.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

joshofspam

Eh! There are probably a whole other bunch of uses for such a trick then Easter.

Like having a moocher in your dorm that asks if you have anything he can snack on. Just tell him about the hard boiled eggs and give him a passing casual warning about one of them having a surprise.

Do take note just because someone says something doesn't make it true. But it makes it amusing when the person digging through your fridge does that double take looking over the fridge door.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Valynth

Quote from: Attic Rat on February 18, 2011, 01:50:48 AM

It's an understandable mistake. Most of the traditions that have risen up around Christian holidays have no religious background or meaning at all, so linking the word "Easter" with an actual faith / belief system..? Not likely to happen.

Yes, I'm a Christian. And I truly wish people would stop trying to cram elves and rabbits into my religion.

actually, the assumed "evil not-christians," didn't do jack-frigging-squat to introduce the notion of elves or rabbits into the holidays, those were actually just baptised into the christian religion in order to get more converts from said pagan sects.  Easter was actually a pagan fertility ritual/feast designed to inspire fields to grow, but mostly just gave an excuse to open the beer kegs to keep the populace drunk and happy as the back breaking labor of tending the fields was about to begin and the resident religious power-structure would remain unquestioned (bread and circuses).  Christmas had a similar origin only replace "tending fields" with "surviving  the cold (and the crops risked spoilage anyway, so eat up)," the idea that it was Jesus' date of birth was just tacked on as an excuse to keep the tradition (theologians agree that, based on biblical texts he was actually born about mid-late spring), as would the tradition of Saint Nicholas of Turkey.

The end point of this rant:  The Christians brought the elves and rabbits upon themselves and don't get in a battle of religious doctrine with a Catholic AKA: OC (Original Christian) yo.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Anker Steadfast

Heh, yeah, we still call christmass for yuletide here in denmark.
Well, we call it "juletid", but it's the same thing, just spelled a little different.

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Trazz

A solution to the hand-grenade problem: Egg somebody's house.