07/02/2011 [DMFA# 1196] - Feeling a little down in the mouth...

Started by Tezkat, February 07, 2011, 09:27:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tezkat

Hmm... I wonder if Fa'Lina will be able to shed any light on Abel's renewed ability to dream. Although, feathery breakfast notwithstanding, sinister forces seemed less evident here than in the Pip dream... :3
The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

Tenfey

I feel that eating a pillow would be very difficult, even when fully conscious.

Tapewolf

Love the cough pose in the last panel.
As for the computer, good that that is getting fixed, even if it does mean an extended outage.

EDIT:
I hope Alexsi doesn't mind his disappearance too much, sick day or no.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

joshofspam

The facial expression on the second panel certainly gives the icky feeling Abel has right now. Though I wonder if something else will make him put off that call to Fa'lina that he needs to make?

Maybe the squished spiders are like the barf sludge that the worms of Dune cuff up.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Corgatha Taldorthar

Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Tapewolf

I have to wonder if torn pillows are a common thing in a world where many people have claws...

Wanderer

"I will be the death of you, small chirping thing." HA! Abel and me have something in common. I swear one of these days I'm going to flip out and go after the *#!&@^$% birds outside my window with my bare hands and RIP THEM INTO BILLIONS OF BLOODY, FEATHERY FRAGMENTS WHICH I WILL THEN BURN TO ASHES AND JUMP UP AND DOWN ON FOR GOOD MEASURE!! :rant :tantrum :cuss

...What?

Ghostwish

His dreaming ability is obvious for anyone who looks at all the little clues Amber has left scattered around.

He's becoming the next tri-wing of Siar.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ghostwish on February 07, 2011, 11:12:36 AM

Name: Abel's Clan
Members: 0 (approx)
Motto: "Leave me alone."

blindguy

His dreaming ability is obvious for anyone who looks at all the little clues Amber has left scattered around.

That hadn't even crossed my mind, but now that he's the only siar left....that makes an awful lot of sense. I havn't really noticed any breadcrumbs telling us that, but then i'm not all that observant.

high_ace

I'm tempted to suggest that maybe, just maybe Able is going to attempt to leave Siar entirely and change clan. I'm not sure which one yet, but I think we're being led towards the idea that he might join Quoar, wherever he is.

Sofox

I'm actually reminded of this English comic strip I read years back.

The character was this guy who ate a lot, and started a strip going "Have you heard the story about the boy who dreamed he was eating a big marshmallow, and when he woke up, his pillow was gone? Well it would be no different if that happened to me because *panel change* MY PILLOW IS A MARSHMALLOW *scoffs entire pillow*"

There was actually more to the strip, but since I can't remember the punchline it's not really worth relating (except it involves a big panel depicting the kids nightmares from eating too much before going to sleep).

Jasonrevall

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 07, 2011, 11:22:30 AM

Name: Abel's Clan
Members: 0 (approx)
Motto: "Leave me alone."

His complete and utter lack of caring about being tri-wing is evidenced even in the creativity of the name of his clan XD.
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

AxiLarin

Quote from: Wanderer on February 07, 2011, 10:53:28 AM
"I will be the death of you, small chirping thing." HA! Abel and me have something in common. I swear one of these days I'm going to flip out and go after the *#!&@^$% birds outside my window with my bare hands and RIP THEM INTO BILLIONS OF BLOODY, FEATHERY FRAGMENTS WHICH I WILL THEN BURN TO ASHES AND JUMP UP AND DOWN ON FOR GOOD MEASURE!! :rant :tantrum :cuss

...What?
I know all about panel 1.  With me, it's my dogs.

Wow... that honestly did not occur to me, but that is within the realm of possibility.  Perhaps Siar was having a little chat with him in that Pip dream.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Jasonrevall on February 07, 2011, 12:07:00 PM
His complete and utter lack of caring about being tri-wing is evidenced even in the creativity of the name of his clan XD.

Well, by convention the clans are always named after the tri-wing founder.  It would probably be his clan if he did ascend, hence Clan Abel.  But without any known living relatives (I'm assuming Aniz is really dead here) it's not going to be much of a clan.

Personally I'd put more stock in the Abel Quoar theory, myself.

Quote from: AxiLarin on February 07, 2011, 12:15:00 PM
Wow... that honestly did not occur to me, but that is within the realm of possibility.  Perhaps Siar was having a little chat with him in that Pip dream.

To put it mildly, I think she's a little bit too dead for that...

iceick

Amber is becoming a bit too predictive in this strip. In the forums where we were talking about Abel dreaming someone made a joke abouut Abel eating his pillow, and someone else mentioned that Abel needed to talk to Fa'lina (I'm too lazy to go back and look at who said what).

Anyway, Abel coughing up the feathers kind of reminds me of a cat coughing up a hairball.

AmberCross

Yeahh... Abel becoming a tri-wing is kinda sorta unlikely. Awesomeness aside, he's sorta lacking on sheer power to pull that off. I'm actually sort of hoping for Quoar too cause that's something that could theoretically happen and something about Abel being in the clan of 'Love' makes me giggle lots.

Other than that though, I especially like panel 2. He looks kind of like he has bedhead there.

Caswin

Quote from: joshofspam on February 07, 2011, 10:03:20 AM
The facial expression on the second panel certainly gives the icky feeling Abel has right now.
I second any love for the second panel.  How would you describe that expression?
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Brunhidden

i dont think jyrras will care that much about getting a new pillow if he is allowed to use abels belly as pillow till then
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

nevwyn

Ergh!

If thats how you feel after dreaming as a Cubi, then I am taking up drinking if I ever became one at least then if you wake up with a hangover you likely did something the night before to deserve it.

Zirra Nova

Quote from: nevwyn on February 07, 2011, 04:10:28 PM
Ergh!

If thats how you feel after dreaming as a Cubi, then I am taking up drinking if I ever became one at least then if you wake up with a hangover you likely did something the night before to deserve it.

To be fair....Abel did consume some alcohol on a nice (mostly)empty stomach the night before...so...some of the icky could be from that.  :3
I'll think of something spiffy to put here later! 8D

Jasonrevall

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 07, 2011, 12:36:27 PM
Well, by convention the clans are always named after the tri-wing founder.  It would probably be his clan if he did ascend, hence Clan Abel.  But without any known living relatives (I'm assuming Aniz is really dead here) it's not going to be much of a clan.

Oh yeah that's right, it is first name normally isn't it. My bad.
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

Omegan

Quote from: iceick on February 07, 2011, 12:52:47 PM
Amber is becoming a bit too predictive in this strip.

You may have that backwards -- Amber may have added the pillow consumption because of the comment in the forum.

On the other hand, talking to Fa'lina has been on his agenda since the previous day. 95 strips ago! Yow!
It's that Inherit the Earth guy.

Howl

Maark30

Quote from: high_ace on February 07, 2011, 11:41:28 AM
I'm tempted to suggest that maybe, just maybe Able is going to attempt to leave Siar entirely and change clan. I'm not sure which one yet, but I think we're being led towards the idea that he might join Quoar, wherever he is.

I am voting more to him joining Cyra but he does have the physical attributes of Quoar (His different colored eyes and his wings being feathered and leather-ed)
Proud member of the "Let the artist know how much you love her work" club

terrycloth

Off-camera, Abel's been impregnating dozens of beings every day since leaving SAIA. In his sleep. It's part of his clan-destiny.

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

Quote from: Brunhidden on February 07, 2011, 03:53:40 PM
i dont think jyrras will care that much about getting a new pillow if he is allowed to use abels belly as pillow till then

Yeesss! Yeesss! I agree with this! >:3

*steals all the pillows in Jyrras' house* :shifty

Quote from: Tezkat on February 07, 2011, 09:27:21 AM
Hmm... I wonder if Fa'Lina will be able to shed any light on Abel's renewed ability to dream. Although, feathery breakfast notwithstanding, sinister forces seemed less evident here than in the Pip dream... :3

On the note of Abel's ability to dream again, I think it's mostly do to his conflicting state of being out in the world again. He's spent most of his life at SAIA, where he was protected and safe and other than the possibly stress of life there (eg: dealing with Destania, homework, etc); there probably wasn't a lot of more "serious" stress related issues (eg: like the threat of dragons, babysitting Dan who has a lot of enemies, old acquaintance Devin being undead, etc). So I think the influx of stress and dealing with these issues, is why he's dreaming again. At SAIA, he didn't deal with all this; so less stress equaled a more calm state of mind.

He's already had a couple of breakdowns already..... D:

Quote from: high_ace on February 07, 2011, 11:41:28 AM

Although, I definitely would not be surprised if he was being reached out to by another Clan Leader through his dreams; so the Quoar/Abel thing is a possibility or even Cyra/Abel that someone else mentioned. I mean Cyra is probably looking out for Dan and could see what he thinks of Abel. Plus more members is good for her, since she's only down to 2 and Abel's clan (Siar) is pretty much non-existant.

As to him ascending to being the next Tri-Wing of Siar, I'm in agreeance that he might not quite have the power to do that just yet; although who knows I could be mistaken. :B Although, if he did the Clan Strength would not be 0; as it was mentioned that there were other members alive, but that they were too few and too scattered to really consider Siar a clan anymore.

I guess a clan reunion is long overdue, isn't it.... :P

Although, I am curious as to what clues you are referring to? I have surfed around and either I am missing them or just not noticing them.... :.

jmcallaway

Here's another e-mail I thought I'd share with the rest of you...

"Been reading through Fluffy's Demonology 101 files, and I've come across a curious
l'il quandry--if a cubi loses the ability to reproduce apon achieving tri-wing status,
how does he or she start a clan to begin with?  Amber, let Fluffy dust off the
Louisville Slugger and have a go at those persnickety cubi--I'm sure she'll be able
to get something out of them."

Now, it is mentioned that an existing clan member can "convert" or adopt outsider cubi clan members.  That happened at least once when clan Siar fell.  But again, we're left with the problem of how a tri-wing founds a new clan.  The only thing I can think of, is that when one attains tri-wing status any blood relatives (sons, daughters, siblings (?)) automatically switch clans to the one the new tri-wing is founding.  Clan membership by press-gang, as it were.

Which leads me to a couple of other potential problems/questions...
1) Do all cubi have to belong to a clan, or are there clanless cubi?  I don't think so, but I could be wrong.
2) If a tri-wing is not supplanting an existing clan leader (like Zezzuva did), one would think there would be some bad blood between the new tri-wing and their parent clan.  (Along those lines--what clan did Cyra formerly belong to?) 

Anyway, it's late, and I needs sleeps.

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: Omegan on February 07, 2011, 06:10:53 PM
Quote from: iceick on February 07, 2011, 12:52:47 PM
Amber is becoming a bit too predictive in this strip.
You may have that backwards -- Amber may have added the pillow consumption because of the comment in the forum.

On the other hand, talking to Fa'lina has been on his agenda since the previous day. 95 strips ago! Yow!

I agree, just because she sticks to her guns, doesn't mean she's predictable - We are after all talking about Amber here !
The fact that I speculated in Abel doing pillow nom-nom's, doesn't mean she couldn't have come up with it long before I did.

Besides, it's fun. :)

Abel : Oh hey, sory Jyrras, I ate one of your pillow while dreaming. 
Jyrras : Uhh ... riiight ... was it tasty ??
Abel : Oh yes !

:D

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

JamesCray

Quote from: Tenfey on February 07, 2011, 09:34:58 AM
I feel that eating a pillow would be very difficult, even when fully conscious.

Shapeshifting+rule of funny?
I wish the real world would just stop hassling me.
"I work in Fringe Division. Weird is a matter of degrees."