Movies in 2011/2012

Started by 127.0.0.2, January 06, 2011, 07:20:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill

I don't think you fully understand my need for ass

Doctor Smoov

I'm beginning to get an idea ...

But its V-Day! That's practically "Free Booty Day"! Go out and find some ass, and fill your needs!

Gabi

~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

VAE

That's rather nice, but are you sure it's male, Gabi?
For one, the eel stripe is rather unpronounced.
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Gabi

I was afraid someone might ask. I just liked the expression on its face.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Brunhidden

whatever it is, its definitely mocking someone
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Doctor Smoov

I would still hit it ... but only if its facial expression remained the same.

VAE

Quote from: Doctor Smoov on February 15, 2011, 02:38:52 PM
I would still hit it ... but only if its facial expression remained the same.
If you'd hit it, its facial expression would be a lot more in the "pissed off and kicking your butt with hooves" realm i guess.
But you are free to try.
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Doctor Smoov

I would wear some platemail of some sort ...

Brunhidden

instead of making a reffrence to difficulties fornicating while wearing a codpiece, i will instead try to shake things up by asking if anyone has an opinion on the two tim buron claymation movies which are going to be in the works

frankenweenie - child resurrects dead dog into an abomination unto god

adams family- well, its the adams family. presumably creepier then 'normal'

I didn't know about frankenweenie so far, but Tim Burton generally has always been awesome. And... year ... having watched it (the original) on youtube right now I think that one was no exception.

As for the remake, apparently tim burton himself got the idea and is producing it, so at least the people involved will know what they are doing :)
Also, it should be fun to see a claymation film in the year 2012...

Finally, am I seeing things that are not there, or is there an E.T reference in the original frankenweenie?

Brunhidden

i largely just find it facinating how drastically the claymation evolves between each movie made

first you have nightmare, in all its glory. corpse bride had a very complex system of metal skeletons to make animating the clay figures far more smooth and acessable, coraline... well, i have no freaking clue but it was pretty interesting and conveyed a lot of emotion, which is really why the claymation films are so great to begin with

Darkmoon

Quote from: 127.0.0.2 on February 15, 2011, 05:27:41 PM
I didn't know about frankenweenie so far, but Tim Burton generally has always been awesome.

Burton is a hack.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Darkmoon on February 16, 2011, 07:25:23 AM
I didn't know about frankenweenie so far, but Tim Burton generally has always been awesome.

Burton is a hack.

[Citation needed]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

bill

Darkmoon

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on February 16, 2011, 12:27:02 PM

Burton is a hack.

[Citation needed]

Planet of the Apes. I actually had a list of all his movies, and wrote a little bit about each one, singling out the few I did, really, like. Then I reached this movie, and deleted it. Oh, how I loathe this movie, and I find it nicely summarizes everything that is wrong with his career.

Doctor Smoov

Burton is a hack.

I 100% agree with this.

Tim Burton < Christopher Nolan

Kafzeil

Quote from: Doctor Smoov on February 16, 2011, 11:00:34 PM

Burton is a hack.

I 100% agree with this.

Tim Burton < Christopher Nolan

Pssh. Nolan's a new director. Give him a few years and he'll churn out something horrid sooner or later. Coppola, Reiner, Shamaylan, you get the idea.
Real men wear Hats.<br /><br />Raz: Lili! An evil madman is building a fleet of psycho-death tanks to take over the world, and we\'re the only ones who can stop him! <br />Lili Zanotto: OH MY GOD! Let\'s make out! -Psychonauts

Darkmoon

Oh, they all churn out shitty movies once in a while. Finchner made Alien 3, for example.

But when it comes to Burton, the bad far outweighs the good.

bill

as long as we're talking about modern directors, I've always had a sneaky feeling that I don't like Aronofsky as much as I should  :<

he's kinda on Nolan's tier for me, which is good, but not as good as say, Fincher, the Coens, or the two Andersons, to say nothing of Terrence Malick.

Darkmoon

He's a bit hit or miss. He does seem even more obsessed with being a "auteur" than Nolan... although not as much as Burton.

Alondro

Uwe Boll is the bestest director of all time!

We're all just not smart enough to realize it (according to him).
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Darkmoon

To be fair to him, I actually didn't hate In the Name of the King. High praise indeed for the director of the worst movies of the last two decades.

Brunhidden

wasn't that the dungeon siege film made like seven years after the game came out?

Alondro

I shall make a movie about paper airplanes.

In the plot, all the metal in the world has been stolen... by ALIENS!!!  D:

And the only hope is that the oragami masters (who have POWERS!!!) can make space-faring paper-airplanes equipped with... uhm... photon torpedoes... using SCIENCE!!!

Hmm, good guys need something hip and trendy... I know!  They're good-looking teens that brood all the time because of their oragami powers!!   And the aliens are working for a huge corporation of evil!  And at the end, robots will appear and kill people cuz in the future machines will take over thanks to the evil coprporation, and the aliens are secretly GOOD!!  And the only way they could stop them was to steal all the metal on Earth that the robots needed to make themselves!  WHAT A TWIST!!! (plus it guarantees a multi-part franchise to rake in more $$$$$$$$!)

IT SHALL BE TH GREATEST MOVIE EVARRRRRR!!!!
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Turnsky

as directed by M. Night Chamois himself.  :U

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Darkmoon

Quote from: Brunhidden on February 17, 2011, 03:14:33 PM
wasn't that the dungeon siege film made like seven years after the game came out?

Yep. Wasn't awful, but it certainly wasn't at all good...

I think I have a review of it bumping around somewhere. Really should dig that up...

joshofspam

Personally I'm hoping "Megamind" is at least as amusing as "Despicable Me".

"Transformers" kind of made me cry, thus ruining action genera for me. Sure the transformation were cool, but can you believe how much time they waisted in battles and the humans in planning rooms trying decide to tell their men were to shoot.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Sunblink

Quote from: joshofspam on February 18, 2011, 12:41:43 PM
Personally I'm hoping "Megamind" is at least as amusing as "Despicable Me".

Despicable Me was pretty good. Thumbs up for that.

Quote from: Alondro on January 09, 2011, 12:03:23 AM
Hungry Hungry Hippos-No, this is not a parody of American obesity rates... but it could be...

I propose that any Hungry Hungry Hippo movies be written by Kate Beaton.

Just imagine. It'd be a tragic conflict between a man's romance and his obsession.

I would pay every dollar I have to see it.

bill

Quote from: Darkmoon on February 17, 2011, 02:16:52 PM
To be fair to him, I actually didn't hate In the Name of the King. High praise indeed for the director of the worst movies of the last two decades.
to be even more fair, all of his movies were made in bad faith to scam money out of the government. I can respect that.