Movies in 2011/2012

Started by 127.0.0.2, January 06, 2011, 07:20:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brunhidden

Quote from: Alondro on February 18, 2011, 10:18:04 AM
I shall make a movie about paper airplanes.

In the plot, all the metal in the world has been stolen... by ALIENS!!!  D:

this may be a streach but the plot is a bit similar to an existing and old science fiction novel

the history is thus- humans travel to space and colonise new worlds which are largely forgotten about because theyre so far its *bleep*nuggets to keep in touch. one of these worlds after being colonised kind of degraded into being roughly late middle ages after a few centuries. but wait! a probe from the universal conglomorate government has been spotted and this 'new' world will soon be added to the lists of world in the empire within a few years once diplomats get there. why is this important? because a planet that has the capability of space travel gets equal standing and voting rights in this government, whereas a planet without the capability of space travel is second class and usually is lightly raped by those planets who have interstellar battleships.

thus begins the race for a king to put together a spaceworthy vessel in under ten years using roughly leonardo da vinchi level technology. which, incidentelly, would make one awesome movie, i would assume it would be comedic as well
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Kafzeil

In the Name of the King was Boll's worst movie, if only because it was mediocre and competent rather then simply stupid and terrible to the point where it becomes fun to watch at parties.
Real men wear Hats.<br /><br />Raz: Lili! An evil madman is building a fleet of psycho-death tanks to take over the world, and we\'re the only ones who can stop him! <br />Lili Zanotto: OH MY GOD! Let\'s make out! -Psychonauts

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Keaton Jyraneth on February 18, 2011, 03:26:27 PM
Quote from: joshofspam on February 18, 2011, 12:41:43 PM
Personally I'm hoping "Megamind" is at least as amusing as "Despicable Me".

Despicable Me was pretty good. Thumbs up for that.

Particularly the bit in the credits.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Brunhidden on February 18, 2011, 08:33:12 PM
this may be a streach but the plot is a bit similar to an existing and old science fiction novel

the history is thus- humans travel to space and colonise new worlds which are largely forgotten about because theyre so far its *bleep*nuggets to keep in touch. one of these worlds after being colonised kind of degraded into being roughly late middle ages after a few centuries. but wait! a probe from the universal conglomorate government has been spotted and this 'new' world will soon be added to the lists of world in the empire within a few years once diplomats get there. why is this important? because a planet that has the capability of space travel gets equal standing and voting rights in this government, whereas a planet without the capability of space travel is second class and usually is lightly raped by those planets who have interstellar battleships.

thus begins the race for a king to put together a spaceworthy vessel in under ten years using roughly leonardo da vinchi level technology. which, incidentelly, would make one awesome movie, i would assume it would be comedic as well

That sounds like an awesome book :eek what's the title?

Sarioya

Quote from: Alondro on January 09, 2011, 12:03:23 AM
Plan 9 From Outer Space (remake)- It has better special effects this time (maybe).

That's actually being worked on.  Looks like it might actually be decent.  Lots of trailers work that way though.  It being what they're made to do and all.
http://www.plan9movie.com

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Sarioya on February 19, 2011, 02:27:35 AM
Plan 9 From Outer Space (remake)- It has better special effects this time (maybe).
That's actually being worked on.  Looks like it might actually be decent.  Lots of trailers work that way though.  It being what they're made to do and all.

Decent? Doesn't that go against the spirit of the original? ;-]

Which novel? That sounds like it could be a laugh to read...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Sarioya

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on February 19, 2011, 07:32:56 AM
Decent? Doesn't that go against the spirit of the original? ;-]

You mean the terrible B Movie spirit?  True, it would go against that all together, but it's not like Ed Wood was trying to make notoriously bad movies.  Well, not with that one at least.  I'm not so sure about the other ones.  Still, hopefully it'll still be fun either way.

Alondro

:erk

I-I was joking... I didn't think they would actually... my god... MY GOD!!!

Hollywood must be stopped... AT ALL COSTS!!!   :explosion

Note to Dmoon:  My stupid filler idea would fit nicely here.   :P
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Janus Whitefurr

Megamind > Despicable Me. */lone opinion*

After all, there's only one difference between a villain and a super villain.

PRESENTATION! (also, spoilers)
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Brunhidden

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on February 19, 2011, 07:32:56 AM

Which novel? That sounds like it could be a laugh to read...

King David's Spaceship (1980)

also megamind has the critical flaw of having Will Ferrel being within three hundred feet of it. although i am going to give it the benefit of the doubt for including some rudimentary sociological theories as to why someone becomes a criminal

joshofspam

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on February 23, 2011, 06:07:36 AM

Megamind > Despicable Me. */lone opinion*

After all, there's only one difference between a villain and a super villain.

PRESENTATION! (also, spoilers)

There's no Queen of England? :U

Say it ain't so? :rolleyes
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Brunhidden

correction to my point about 'King David's Spaceship (1980)', i was mostly doing the explanation on when i stumbled across it in a used book store and read the back cover. but now i went out and discovered the actual plot. correction is as follows.

they do not have middle ages technology and would not be doing a davinchi style spacecraft- they are in fact a society of top hat, handlebar mustachios, and monocle wearing society who would be building a steam-punk spaceship. which is like thirty times more awesome.  i made the mistake of assuming medieval era technology because it referenced a portion of the book where they go to an even lower tech world and are forbidden from bringing new or disruptive technology so they arm themselves with swords and shields (they later break the law anyways by inventing the horse collar, which suddenly makes horses more efficient then having slaves do all the work). also where they say 'king david' think more like 'queen victorias sugar daddy'

joshofspam

Paul is looking interesting.

Who wouldn't like a movie about an alien hanging out with a couple of people and the of handed mentioning of probing. :P
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.