Pokemon >w<

Started by Nikki, August 10, 2006, 11:34:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nikki

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

Gabi

And now I've updated the Metronome Randomizer too!
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Nikki

whoa..that's trippy...

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

ninjannihilator

I hate Metronome. Especially when the enemy uses it and they get extremely lucky.

Gabi

Gabi

Crazy, 'wierd', wicked, cool, freaky, groovy, amazing, or all of the above?

Nikki

all of the above.

...PIE!  :mowcookie

ninjannihilator

^
♪The future doesn't scare me at aaaaall♪
♪but you're sig sure as hell does.♪

I like the song but using it as a sig. :erk

Gabi

Does anyone here enjoy writing and/or roleplaying and would like to cooperate with a pokemon-related RP-ish project outside this forum?

Nikki

i'd like to =3

and does anyone have pokemon ranger yet?

Zedd

Only way you can make me play ranger if you tie my leg to Charles and/or Charline...

God-Beast

Quote from: Zedd on November 16, 2006, 02:08:54 PM
Only way you can make me play ranger if you tie my leg to Charles and/or Charline...

bahahahaahahaa!!!!!!!
i knew if i entered this thread i would laugh! :giggle

James StarRunner

Dangit! Why'd I visit this thread? Now I'm going to be hooked all over again (and get the new game)!

Kitsune Ascendant

I refuse to buy a ds at this time. I'm more than happy with my sp. though if my gpa to gbc ration becomes any larger, I might just do it if I can get an used one for a decent price. for now, however, I'm quite happy with emerald.

Right now I'm finnishing up raising my battle frontier team. with any luck, I should have a decent one and start getting some battlepoints.
I may be a bit young to be worrying about it so much, but I'm not changing this sig until I find true love.
yappities by silverfoxr, and are awesome.  Thanks!

Alan Garou

Does anyone know where to get a Pokemon Emulator for Windows XP?

Gabi

Thanks, Xze! I've sent you a PM with the things I need help with. Anyone else who wants to help is welcome.

And if anyone has the new games, I have some questions about how the new abilities work. I'd be grateful if someone could help me clear things out.

Dakata

Quote from: Alan Garou on November 16, 2006, 10:21:01 PMDoes anyone know where to get a Pokemon Emulator for Windows XP?
Pokemon emulator? Are you talking about a GBC/GBA emulator?

Kitsune Ascendant

Quote from: Gabi on November 17, 2006, 06:04:08 AM
Thanks, Xze! I've sent you a PM with the things I need help with. Anyone else who wants to help is welcome.

And if anyone has the new games, I have some questions about how the new abilities work. I'd be grateful if someone could help me clear things out.

www.smogon.com or www.serebii.net should have some info on those. if they don't, you might check what they have for the game on gamefaqs.
I may be a bit young to be worrying about it so much, but I'm not changing this sig until I find true love.

Gabi

I've already checked Serebii.net and one of my friends checked Smogon before I decided to ask for help. Where are the FAQs you mention?

God-Beast

i caN HELP YOU GAB....I HAVE EVERY GAME YOU CAN IMAGINE...
AND TONS OF PICS AND SUGESTIONS...

Kitsune Ascendant

Quote from: Gabi on November 17, 2006, 01:30:19 PM
I've already checked Serebii.net and one of my friends checked Smogon before I decided to ask for help. Where are the FAQs you mention?

you just go to gamefaqs.com, search for the game, go the faqs section from the search results, and there should at least be some information in the general faqs (I usually go with the largest one first), if not a special faq with that information.

God-Beast

Quote from: Kitsune Ascendant on November 17, 2006, 09:17:19 PM
Quote from: Gabi on November 17, 2006, 01:30:19 PM

gamefaqs.com

man are you any serious?yet with gamefaqs?i have surpassed that limitation long ago...those guys know NOTHING about games except the obvious...i have made tons of things i never saw anyone saying there...it only makes you go weak on games...if you always look for the answer....you gotta find them by your own!!!! ;)

Gabi

Alright, God-Beast, I'd appreciate your help. Here are my questions about the new abilities:

Ability: Gluttony
Effect: This pokemon eats held berries faster. Just... how much faster?

Ability: Magic Guard
Effect: Only attacks that do damage work against this pokemon. Can pokemon with this ability heal themselves?

Ability: Quick Feet
Effect: if this pokemon is burnt, paralyzed or poisoned, its speed increases 1 grade. Is the speed decrease that comes with paralysis ignored or not?

Ability: Skill Link
Effect: Raises number of hits when using moves that hit multiple times. How much?

Ability: Snipe
Effect: When this pokemon inflicts a Critical Hit, the base power of the attack increases. How much?

Ability: Sun Power
Effect: When Sunny Day is in effect, HP decreases 1/8 each turn but Special Attack increases 1 grade. Is this correct? Please confirm.

Ability: Technician
Effect: This pokemon's weak moves (which ones?) increase in power. How much?

And how exactly does Poison Heal work? Each guide says something different! Could you test it, please?

Then I have another question... there are some attacks that require physical contact and others that don't (this affects abilities like Cute Charm, Rough Skin and Static). Are the ones that do the same attacks that are classed as Physical (as opposed of Special) in Diamond/Pearl?

Thanks in advance.

God-Beast

Quote from: Gabi on November 18, 2006, 08:00:20 AM
Alright, God-Beast, I'd appreciate your help. Here are my questions about the new abilities:

Ability: Gluttony
Effect: This pokemon eats held berries faster. Just... how much faster?

Ability: Magic Guard
Effect: Only attacks that do damage work against this pokemon. Can pokemon with this ability heal themselves?

Ability: Quick Feet
Effect: if this pokemon is burnt, paralyzed or poisoned, its speed increases 1 grade. Is the speed decrease that comes with paralysis ignored or not?

Ability: Skill Link
Effect: Raises number of hits when using moves that hit multiple times. How much?

Ability: Snipe
Effect: When this pokemon inflicts a Critical Hit, the base power of the attack increases. How much?

Ability: Sun Power
Effect: When Sunny Day is in effect, HP decreases 1/8 each turn but Special Attack increases 1 grade. Is this correct? Please confirm.

Ability: Technician
Effect: This pokemon's weak moves (which ones?) increase in power. How much?

And how exactly does Poison Heal work? Each guide says something different! Could you test it, please?

Then I have another question... there are some attacks that require physical contact and others that don't (this affects abilities like Cute Charm, Rough Skin and Static). Are the ones that do the same attacks that are classed as Physical (as opposed of Special) in Diamond/Pearl?

Thanks in advance.

lol thanks for giving me something to do today in my day off! :)
i'll look for all these with attention...i might be ready to reply all later today or tomorrow, mmk? ;)

Gabi

Wow, that would be amazing! Thanks for offering to help. :)

Alan Garou

Quote from: Dakata on November 17, 2006, 06:10:46 AM
Quote from: Alan Garou on November 16, 2006, 10:21:01 PMDoes anyone know where to get a Pokemon Emulator for Windows XP?
Yes. I've been trying several, but the emulators never seem to be able to read them. Could you point me to a good GB/GBA emulator and some compatible pokemon ROMs?

Gabi

I haven't tried it myself, but I've heard that VisualBoy Advance works well with those games. No idea where the roms are, though.

God-Beast

Quote from: Gabi on November 18, 2006, 04:38:15 PM
I haven't tried it myself, but I've heard that VisualBoy Advance works well with those games. No idea where the roms are, though.

true, so true....PM me so i upload it the roms for you...i don't know if it's allowed but....i'll do it for you! ;)

Dakata

Quote from: Alan Garou on November 18, 2006, 01:24:34 PM
Quote from: Dakata on November 17, 2006, 06:10:46 AM
Yes. I've been trying several, but the emulators never seem to be able to read them. Could you point me to a good GB/GBA emulator and some compatible pokemon ROMs?
Like Gabi said, VisualBoy Advance is a good one.

...*Psst* PM me (or IM me) and I can help you get some nice poke-roms. But it's gonna cost ya... 5 hugs! :3
(Hell, I know a good site where you can get a lot of roms (Not just pokemon roms)...if you have enough points. XP)