19/12/2010 [DMFA# 1178] - Unexpected, Terrifying, AND Hilarious

Started by Icalasari, December 19, 2010, 01:45:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alondro

Ah, now all Abel has to do is meet Kria, find out that she's DP's sister, and his mind will totally be blown. 
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Cassi-kun

Quote from: Alondro on December 19, 2010, 09:54:01 PM
Ah, now all Abel has to do is meet Kria, find out that she's DP's sister, and his mind will totally be blown. 
I'm pretty sure he already knows that.
Got a deviantArt account? Go join DMFAclub!

Rafe

I'm still trying to figure out what Abel, assuming he decides to do it, tells Devin about his death.  Discovering he could hear the thoughts of other is probably disconcerting enough by itself, but to discover it by hearing someone die right in front of you - that is still the single creepiest thing Amber has ever come up with - probably one of the creepiest I've ever read or seen. [EDIT - I definitely mean delightfully satisfying creepiness.  One of the best I've seen]

The other thing of course is that the other person who knows all this, Kria, the one who killed Devin.  Does she want him, or for that matter Lorenda or anyone else, to know she killed him?  Would she want any of her demon associates to find out that she apparently felt remorse about killing him?

This situation is beyond awkward.  
Rafe

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Rafe on December 19, 2010, 10:43:03 PM
The other thing of course is that the other person who knows all this, Kria, the one who killed Devin.  Does she want him, or for that matter Lorenda or anyone else, to know she killed him?  Would she want any of her demon associates to find out that she apparently felt remorse about killing him?

Point of order: It's unclear if Kria was responsible for Devin's death. Sure, she feels responsible for Abel. Sure, she was there. But... as I recall, she was being castigated for not killing Abel, and instead sending him home with her amulet. Something about playing with your food, or pass/fail tests, or something.

Either way - we don't know if Kria killed Devin. And... well, her Demon associates knew she felt remorse about Abel being there at the time. I reckon she's probably weathered that particular storm already. So, not a big deal.

Although one of them might try to use Abel in their plans, should word of him being outside of SAIA get around. I wish them luck.

This situation is beyond awkward. 

Well, you're right there, anyway. *grin*
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 19, 2010, 05:34:00 AM
The other point I was going to make was that until recently, Abel thought Devin was a product of his own insanity.  Now that he finds Devin is actually real, he's switched more into a 'Who's done this!?!' mode.
Until recently he thought Devin was dead, not undead. It was only the last few hours that he had a clue that Dev was undead.

Quote from: LionHeart on December 19, 2010, 12:12:14 PM
According to his cast page, Devin has no memories of his life. Lorenda might be thinking that Abel could help to fill in some of the void in his memory.
He couldn't fill in memories (unless they're just blocked, not lost) but he could fill in some knowledge of Dev's pre-death past.

Quote from: Cassi-kun on December 19, 2010, 10:16:23 PM
Quote from: Alondro on December 19, 2010, 09:54:01 PM
I'm pretty sure he already knows that.
BTW, is that the Soulstealer clan logo or Zinvth?

"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Draken

Is it just me, or does the last panel look like Lorenda is going to eat Abel's brains?

Yay for new Lorenda super cuteness faces!  Woo!
"TEETH!  TEETH!  He's a biter!!!"
Go get'em, Jy!

Pancakes.  The evilest food thing since THOSE brownies.  You know the ones.

Currently a complete non-fan of Mab.  Say what you will, I will forever consider her the Big Bad >.>

Naldru

This is my understanding of the situation, and I would be curious to know where others disagree.

Abel obviously knows that Aliph and Kria are siblings and that Aliph was Dark Pegasus.  He doesn't seem to know the latest status of Kria and Aliph, and he doesn't appear to know the relationship between Kria and Lorenda.  

Abel may have overheard Fa'Lina and Kria discussing her involvement in the raid.  However, he also knows that demons have a rather violent reputation, and it wouldn't be surprising that the fact that Fa'Lina was present suggested such a situation to him.

Kria didn't kill anybody during the raid.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Nino

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on December 19, 2010, 10:58:17 PM
The other thing of course is that the other person who knows all this, Kria, the one who killed Devin.  Does she want him, or for that matter Lorenda or anyone else, to know she killed him?  Would she want any of her demon associates to find out that she apparently felt remorse about killing him?

Point of order: It's unclear if Kria was responsible for Devin's death. Sure, she feels responsible for Abel. Sure, she was there. But... as I recall, she was being castigated for not killing Abel, and instead sending him home with her amulet. Something about playing with your food, or pass/fail tests, or something.

Either way - we don't know if Kria killed Devin.

"failing to take out a single target this entire venture"

Thus it can be concluded as fact that she DIDN'T kill Devin.

edit: BOO Naldru for beating me, boooooo

Cassi-kun

Quote from: Rafe on December 19, 2010, 10:43:03 PMKria, the one who killed Devin
I don't think she did. She "failed to take down a single target" which I'm fairly certain killing Dev would count as.

edit: double boo for TWO people beating me to it!
Got a deviantArt account? Go join DMFAclub!

Attic Rat

That first-panel expression is pretty crazed-looking... I'd guess a sort of "I-can't-believe-it-My-friend-enemy-Devin's-not-dead-yes-he-is-but-I'm-not-crazy-is-it-true!?"  :erk

Abel can't enjoy his breakdown...
Somebody get him a sandwich.
Which would you like to be, ignorant or misled?

Madd the Sane

Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

Rafe

Quote from: Kattuccino on December 19, 2010, 11:32:16 PM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on December 19, 2010, 10:58:17 PM

Either way - we don't know if Kria killed Devin.

"failing to take out a single target this entire venture"

Thus it can be concluded as fact that she DIDN'T kill Devin.

I'll agree with that, but I'd say being one of the demons taking part in the raid makes her pretty involved - an accessory to the killings if nothing else.  My point was that she was there to see it, and if she was not the actual killer, she was part of the gang who did.  Either way she was involved in killing Devin, thus the horrible awkwardness.
Rafe

Turnsky

okay, i can see either one of the two happening:

1) Lorenda invites Abel over for that dinner thing.

and 2), if so, that Kria tries to pair the two together.

either way, the awkwardly amusing implications that'd ensue would be a sight to behold.  >:3

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Rafe

I get the idea (from the way Kria and Fa'lina interacted when they first met) that demons and cubi don't exactly get along very well.  Lorenda and Abel and Dan are probably exceptions, not being raised "traditionally".  Still they seem to be sensitive to the prejudices of their elders.  

Both seem to be able to get along with less powerful creatures races, but I imagine Lorenda would know better than to assume inviting another cubi like Abel would go over smoothly.  After all, Dan seems to cause enough of a problem by himself.

Still, given Lorenda's reaction to Abel knowing Devin, something wacky is going to happen.
Rafe

Tapewolf

Quote from: Rafe on December 20, 2010, 09:59:45 AM
I get the idea (from the way Kria and Fa'lina interacted when they first met) that demons and cubi don't exactly get along very well.  Lorenda and Abel and Dan are probably exceptions, not being raised "traditionally".  Still they seem to be sensitive to the prejudices of their elders. 

That was 350 years or so ago, mind.  Nact'larn clan seems to have embarked upon something of a PR effort since then, so things might have changed.  In contrast to what Abel tells Dan in strip 1016, it may very well have been a crime to be 'Cubi in earlier times (e.g. Mink's mother).

In fact, looking at Kria's more recent reactions I'd say it's probably the case that there's been something of a thaw.  Strip 945, for instance:
"He's incubus-level hot!  Why have you not tied him to your bed yet?!"  And in 978, she's all 'Oh, he is 'Cubi.  How neat.'

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Turnsky

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 20, 2010, 10:16:45 AM
Quote from: Rafe on December 20, 2010, 09:59:45 AM
I get the idea (from the way Kria and Fa'lina interacted when they first met) that demons and cubi don't exactly get along very well.  Lorenda and Abel and Dan are probably exceptions, not being raised "traditionally".  Still they seem to be sensitive to the prejudices of their elders. 

That was 350 years or so ago, mind.  Nact'larn clan seems to have embarked upon something of a PR effort since then, so things might have changed.  In contrast to what Abel tells Dan in strip 1016, it may very well have been a crime to be 'Cubi in earlier times (e.g. Mink's mother).

In fact, looking at Kria's more recent reactions I'd say it's probably the case that there's been something of a thaw.  Strip 945, for instance:
"He's incubus-level hot!  Why have you not tied him to your bed yet?!"  And in 978, she's all 'Oh, he is 'Cubi.  How neat.'

it doesn't help that Kria is something of a cougar, though.  >:3

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Prof B Hunnydew

Quote from: Turnsky on December 20, 2010, 06:15:32 PM
it doesn't help that Kria is something of a cougar, though.  >:3

Yea, she is a real nightMare to Lorenda and all her past boyfriends.  Which may explain why she is still single and was living in Twink country, trying to make it on her own with out her mother's help.

PBH

joshofspam

I wonder if Abel still has a house there being kept under Kria's name until he comes back?

If its a late night party I would imagine that Dan and if Abel go's they would have to stay somewhere before they head back home.

At the most in regards to Abel and Kria's relationship to one another I think Kria would see him pretty much how Fa'lina sees him. Though Kria probably has some wonderful memories of teaching Abel magic and torching him with homework. Mhahahaha.

She also liked Abel's mom. I think Kria thinks of Abel as family when it comes to the two of them. Now how she sees Abel and Lorenda together might be a little different. :3

I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

OminousShadow

Abel Cannot comprehend the form of Lorenda's attack.

Cookie to whoever gets this reference.
97% of teens would cry if they saw Robert Pattinson (Edward Cullen from Twilight) standing on top of a skyscraper, about to jump. If you're one of the 3% who would sit there eating popcorn screaming "DO A FLIP, YOU SPARKLY (I am not smart enough to use polite words)!" then copy and paste.

Starcat5

Quote from: OminousShadow on December 20, 2010, 10:04:38 PM
Abel Cannot comprehend the form of Lorenda's attack.

Cookie to whoever gets this reference.
Well, he DOES have a lingering habit of crying for his "Mother", but with that gryphin form of his, he can be hardly be called "Earth Bound".

*Gets hit in the face with a rotten tomato*

...I deserved that, but I'm taking my cookie anyway.  :mowcookie
Conservative Democrat or Liberal Republican: You decide!
The Centrist line has moved a long way to the Right over the years.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

Captain

I think a lot of people got that reference.

Mother series is really undervalued given the lack of official support outside of Japan, but otherwise it's extremely well known.

I mean how many people have played Mother 1 or Mother 3 compared to I dunnno, people who played Cave Story (on pc)?

Actually that's probably a bad analogy. Feel free to steal my cookies for that.

Unrelated question: has Abel known about the undead all this time?
If you want to visit me:
Download this: http://shoddybattle.com/downloads
then go to Captain's Modded Server and look for captaiN

Infranscia

Quote from: Captain on December 21, 2010, 01:03:16 AMUnrelated question: has Abel known about the undead all this time?

I doubt it.  Dev's cast page suggests that DP was just starting to practice his necromancy when Dev was raised, so they probably wouldn't have been very well known.

Love this page, overall. :mowsmile
Please excuse the watermarked avatar.  I haven't bothered to fix it yet.  (Still, thanks to PetFriendAmy for the original pic!)

Anker Steadfast

Oh my, what an emotional rollercoaster Abel is on !
Next thing, Abel will learn about Lorenda's tiny wings, and thus complete the whole register of laughter.

I wonder if she's been to a wing-doctor yet ?

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Infranscia on December 21, 2010, 02:07:07 AM
Quote from: Captain on December 21, 2010, 01:03:16 AMUnrelated question: has Abel known about the undead all this time?

I doubt it.  Dev's cast page suggests that DP was just starting to practice his necromancy when Dev was raised, so they probably wouldn't have been very well known.
Well, maybe not at the beginning of Abel's schooling, but he's been at SAIA around 350 years (+/-) so the subject of undead must have come up at some point.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Unsilenced

Quote from: Icalasari on December 19, 2010, 01:45:36 AM
Abel looks both insane and sexy in the first panel...

Indeed... Kinda like a crazed fangirl who just kidnapped their idol... or something. That's just the first thing that came to mind.
Post of the Dead:
"When there is no more room in hell, this thread will walk the earth"

Anker Steadfast

... and out of the blue, a crazed Fangirl appears to tackle glomph Abel, which finally snaps the last remaining thread of sanity in Abel !!

Out of his mind, he goes on a shopping spree, quoting Hamlet with the spider and creeping people out, while doing his best imnitation of The Mask !

:D

Unsilenced

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on December 25, 2010, 01:48:56 PM
... and out of the blue, a crazed Fangirl appears to tackle glomph Abel, which finally snaps the last remaining thread of sanity in Abel !!

Out of his mind, he goes on a chopping spree, quoting Hamlet with the spider and creeping people out, while doing his best imnitation of The Mask !

Fix't, to make it more interesting.
Post of the Dead:
"When there is no more room in hell, this thread will walk the earth"

Anker Steadfast

I dunno ... I'd find it pretty creepy if there was an incubus and a spider quoting Hamlet at me while I was buying a shirt, or a burger, or some such. :D

But sure, Chopin works too.

Prof B Hunnydew

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on December 25, 2010, 01:48:56 PM

Out of his mind, he goes on a shopping spree, quoting Hamlet with the spider and creeping people out, while doing his best imnitation of The Mask !

But He should be use to Fan-girl attacks..link 

PBH