11/12/2010 [PF #144] - Too smart for your own good

Started by techmaster-glitch, November 12, 2010, 04:57:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

techmaster-glitch

Sometimes, planning to fool someone means you only make a fool of yourself xD

Tapewolf

Incidentally, I realised I had the wrong wallpaper for Ashford in the previous page, that should be fixed now (so folks who archive the comic might want to re-save it etc).

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

joshofspam

Wait???

Can she use anything she learns from Jakob's Base?

I found it kind of strange that Keaton thinks the tech is something she could use.

From the looks of things for her to be able to build or use any of Jakob's stuff she would bring up to many questions from all the races why she's arming people with ray gun's or putting up a defence satelight.

Did Keaton just jump on the idea of getting her hands on all the weapons and not consider the work needed to get away with trying to use it?

It just seems like she would need a little more than what we've seen at her disposal to make her big dreams a reality?

Though it is kind of funny how this turn of events works against her.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

llearch n'n'daCorna

She could have walked in, but is it a roach motel?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

ChaosMageX

Quote from: joshofspam on November 12, 2010, 06:49:09 PM
From the looks of things for her to be able to build or use any of Jakob's stuff she would bring up to many questions from all the races why she's arming people with ray gun's or putting up a defence satelight.

Did Keaton just jump on the idea of getting her hands on all the weapons and not consider the work needed to get away with trying to use it?

By posing as Ashford, I think she plans on using the resources and reputation of the Starfire Intelligence Agency to accomplish this.
I think this is the whole reason why she teamed up with someone of Ashford's mental instability in the first place, but I would have to check back through the archives and a few of the forum threads for some particular pages I'm thinking of to be sure of this.

In a nutshell, I think Keaton planned to procure Jakob's technology, and then begin outfitting it to the soldiers and satellites owned by the SIA, playing it off as an upgrade to their defense systems.  Then, all she'd have to do is create some clever propaganda that paints the entirety of the Kamei'sin clan out to be a threat to national security, which would justify the genocide of their clan in the eyes of whatever government controls SIA. :mwaha

EDIT:  Also, techmaster-glitch, you forgot the " - " between the comic page number and the thread title.  I did that once and didn't realize it until the thread was nearly over with.  Just thought I'd point it out early to someone else.  And yes, I am a perfectionist.

Icon by Sunblink

Brunhidden

i think the trick here is him saying he knows keats

she has to know that it cant be anything good
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Tapewolf

Okay, the comic is now finally up after a combination of our own stupidity (playing Thief instead of working on it) and a run of bad luck (Ren's internet going down until Sunday evening).  Hope you like it.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E