10/31/2010 [DMFA #1161] - No candy for you!

Started by Infranscia, October 31, 2010, 10:07:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Infranscia

Well... That was anti-climactic.

I guess we'll see Abel's thoughts on it sooner or later (probably), at least?

On another note, it's almost ironic how Amber says she feels like 'living death' on Halloween of all nights.  Hope you feel better soon, Amber.  *hugs*
Please excuse the watermarked avatar.  I haven't bothered to fix it yet.  (Still, thanks to PetFriendAmy for the original pic!)

Ghostwish

Somehow, I saw that coming. We might see something in the next strip though.

Might. This is a key time for the Mabs to pull another scene switch on us. :P

Arcblade

Aww... poor Devin.  But that is Abel's standard tactic:  something scary/awkward?  AVOID.

RandomMetaphysics

I couldn't stop snickering at Abel's reaction in the first panel. Something tells me he's probably making an "Oh frig" face and freaking out behind the door.

Great page as always.

Get well soon Amber!

Jasonrevall

That went about as well as could be expected for the meeting. Now we just need to wait and see the aftermath.

Also I wish you good health Amber.
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

AxiLarin

Poor Abel.  The look on his face was making my heart ache.  :<  To see a friend who died a horrific death right in front of you show up at the front door with a bowlful of rum balls... I personally would need the bowl of rum balls to deaden the shock.  Heavy on the rum.

Attic Rat

Abel is probably hyperventilating on the other side of that door. He'll probably open it again when he calms down.
Which would you like to be, ignorant or misled?

Inumo

Quote from: Attic Rat on November 01, 2010, 12:27:09 AM
Abel is probably hyperventilating on the other side of that door. He'll probably open it again when he calms down.

Then promptly slam it shut again. Because A) it'd be funny, and B) you are the most vulnerable when you believe you are the most secure.

Madd the Sane

Wait, doesn't Devin have a key to the house? I expect next update to have something similar to when Dan ran from Fa'lina.
Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

Corgatha Taldorthar

Not only does he have it, he was holding it visibly in the strip immediately previous.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Ragesquid

Is it wrong that I feel worse for Devin, than I do, for Abel? That second panel. He looks so SAD.

iceick

Quote from: AxiLarin on November 01, 2010, 12:19:55 AM
Poor Abel.  The look on his face was making my heart ache.  :<  To see a friend who died a horrific death right in front of you show up at the front door with a bowlful of rum balls... I personally would need the bowl of rum balls to deaden the shock.  Heavy on the rum.
Actually, Devin wasn't Abel's friend. He was his bully. So yeah, I can understand Abel's reaction.

Valynth

Alternate/additional bug text:  "Hey, I've covered malls you know!"

down the road joke: "Well, I've never shopped in one before."
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

MT Hazard

Well, looks likes theirs less chance of those pictures of Abel getting out now, assuming that was a traditional film camera anyway.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Tapewolf

Quote from: Attic Rat on November 01, 2010, 12:27:09 AM

Depends if the Insectis was visible behind Devin.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

joshofspam

I guess it was a little sedated compared to how some undead might be greeted at the door.

I would take it that most loved ones did act that way when their loved ones came back from death. All kinds of awkward.

I wonder how Jyrras's mom took it when her undead friend came along and asked to work her murder case?

Get well soon Amber.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

SilentSoror

Undead ... poor guys!

Devin was one of the first mindless servants, he doesn't know what Abel is going through.  He thinks it's the standard reaction to his presence.  But Abel took the extra effort of locking it right in front of them, so maybe Devin will handle it another way, rather than barging in

But I don't like to second guess Amber, it can take some of the surprise away from the comic.   I'm just hoping she gets well soon, and not only for my comic lust based selfishness, but also for the lust of others.

Speaking of comic lust and Amber ... when is there going to be another wallpaper war?  I'm sure she could use the cash, .... are there not enough veiwers to make it worth the effort?

Starcat5

Quote from: SilentSoror on November 01, 2010, 02:22:04 PM
Speaking of comic lust and Amber ... when is there going to be another wallpaper war?  I'm sure she could use the cash, .... are there not enough veiwers to make it worth the effort?
Last I heard, she still owed a wallpaper for the CVRPG fans. Let the poor necromaticly challanged artist get caught up before finding MORE stuff for her to do.  ;)
Conservative Democrat or Liberal Republican: You decide!
The Centrist line has moved a long way to the Right over the years.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

Instead of a reaction of fear with fire or smashing cameras, if I ever met an Undead I'd probably take a more curious interest and start randomly poking them asking, "Are you sure you can't feel that?" :P

lilpuppy23

I wonder how often Amber washes her hands?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: starcat5 on November 01, 2010, 04:07:00 PM
Quote from: SilentSoror on November 01, 2010, 02:22:04 PM
Last I heard, she still owed a wallpaper for the CVRPG fans. Let the poor necromaticly challanged artist get caught up before finding MORE stuff for her to do.  ;)

Of course, you're still more than welcome to donate money anyway. I'm sure that'd help.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Techcubi

Quote from: iceick on November 01, 2010, 02:40:38 AM
Quote from: AxiLarin on November 01, 2010, 12:19:55 AM
Actually, Devin wasn't Abel's friend. He was his bully. So yeah, I can understand Abel's reaction.

WAS his bully. And, he was a kid then. A kid, who had a mother who hated him, and was raised by non-caring relatives. So, in all honesty...He was just jealous of Abel, and, acted on it by chunking rocks at him.

Starcat5

Also, he died saving Abel's life. ...sort of. And Abel DID pattern his public persona after him. His private persona is still that of a teenager who just watched several people die right in front of him, INCLUDING watching his own father kill his best friend the night before her wedding.

He can't use his public persona, because the template for that persona is standing right in front of him, BACK FROM THE FRIKKIN' DEAD! That leaves his private persona to curl in a fetal position and cry for his mommy. ...who died of old age, ALSO right before his eyes.  :erk :cry
Conservative Democrat or Liberal Republican: You decide!
The Centrist line has moved a long way to the Right over the years.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

OminousShadow

Quote from: starcat5 on November 02, 2010, 01:38:51 PM
Also, he died saving Abel's life. ...sort of. And Abel DID pattern his public persona after him. His private persona is still that of a teenager who just watched several people die right in front of him, INCLUDING watching his own father kill his best friend the night before her wedding.

He can't use his public persona, because the template for that persona is standing right in front of him, BACK FROM THE FRIKKIN' DEAD! That leaves his private persona to curl in a fetal position and cry for his mommy. ...who died of old age, ALSO right before his eyes.  :erk :cry

Man. Wonder if Abel can shut off his emotions like Fa'Lina did that one time. Cause from how all of that sounds, I think he would personally need some of that right now after seeing devin
97% of teens would cry if they saw Robert Pattinson (Edward Cullen from Twilight) standing on top of a skyscraper, about to jump. If you're one of the 3% who would sit there eating popcorn screaming "DO A FLIP, YOU SPARKLY (I am not smart enough to use polite words)!" then copy and paste.

iceick

Quote from: OminousShadow on November 02, 2010, 04:54:14 PM

He can't use his public persona, because the template for that persona is standing right in front of him, BACK FROM THE FRIKKIN' DEAD! That leaves his private persona to curl in a fetal position and cry for his mommy. ...who died of old age, ALSO right before his eyes.  :erk :cry

Man. Wonder if Abel can shut off his emotions like Fa'Lina did that one time. Cause from how all of that sounds, I think he would personally need some of that right now after seeing devin
It's kind of hard to shut off your own emotions when you're panicing (trust me I know).

Vanvidum

Do you think this would be a bad time for Jyrras to wake up and wonder what the commotion at the door is all about?

iceick

Naw, things are still calm in the house, if Devin and Chici were to come into the house and have Deebs sister chase them past Jyrras' room waking him up that would be perfect.

Attic Rat

I can understand why an undead wouldn't bruise when face-smashed with a camera, but you'd thing there would be some horrid and disgusting results anyway. Enough that nobody would EVER smash an undead in the face with a camera again.
:bunny :kruger
Which would you like to be, ignorant or misled?

AmigaDragon

Also, he died saving Abel's life. ...sort of.
He died reacting to Abel's headwings, jumping up from cover while under fire.

Quote from: iceick on November 03, 2010, 11:46:56 AM
Naw, things are still calm in the house, if Devin and Chici were to come into the house and ...
Just because Devin has a key, doesn't mean he has the right or inclination to let paparazzi in.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen