Hello, the name's CC

Started by CoyoteCaliente, October 15, 2010, 04:01:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CoyoteCaliente

I guess I'm here to check out the forum and not cause too big of a mess.  Enjoy what I can, while I can.

Without breaking too many rules, I suppose. Feel free to ask any questions.

-CC
I'm just a little bit... Aiene, Geisteskrank, Insano, Elnebajos, Vansinnig, Fou, Atamagaokashii, Gek, Dolzinnig, Hullu, Gila, Meschuge, Nebun, Dement... INSANE.

And do not tell your daddy how to ----.

Darkmoon

1) While "Hello There" isn't a "one word greeting", it still skirts the edge. Please read the rules.

2) No RPGing outside the RP forum. If that was more of "sharing your writing", please do so in the Tower of Art.

3) There's more to this forum than any one comic.

4) Yeah, so... enjoy your stay.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

CoyoteCaliente

Quote from: Darkmoon on October 15, 2010, 04:15:09 PM
1) While "Hello There" isn't a "one word greeting", it still skirts the edge. Please read the rules.

2) No RPGing outside the RP forum. If that was more of "sharing your writing", please do so in the Tower of Art.

3) There's more to this forum than any one comic.

4) Yeah, so... enjoy your stay.

1. Noted.

2. Fine. I guess. I figured I'd put a little creativity in a intro thread, versus the awkward and short introduction I now have. But, rules are rules. If it was considered RP, then I guess it was misplaced.

3. I was firmly aware, but that's probably where you'll find me the most.

4. Yeah. I'll try.
I'm just a little bit... Aiene, Geisteskrank, Insano, Elnebajos, Vansinnig, Fou, Atamagaokashii, Gek, Dolzinnig, Hullu, Gila, Meschuge, Nebun, Dement... INSANE.

Suwako

Um, why is the thread renamed to hello? It should be something along the lines of .. Hello my name is coyote~ etc.

You should have named it along those lines and no one would have complained, we all know that reading rules can be quite bothersome and you will often skip parts or lose interest and not captivate what was written...

What was a going on about again?

Hi, welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy your stay; if not, feel free to bribe me to let you go, I'm always in need of money. Anyway; Have fun and don't mind the mods if they are being silly about something else beside following the rules. Sometimes they just feel like mocking us lower lifeforms. :P

llearch n'n'daCorna

Yes, but you're just begging us to mock you, sometimes, Tytaj.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Suwako

Nuhuh! I'm always the perfectest of perfect examples of following the rules that I follow!

I think...

Inumo

Hey there! Welcome to the forums. You've already heard the whole "read the rules" shtick, so I'm just gonna pass a few tips for ya.

1. Don't post in the Lost Lake Inn if a thread's been dead for 2 weeks, or in any other section if it's been a month. Some new members have missed this on occasion.

2. That little +#/-# thing over your avatar doesn't really mean anything. After all, Darkmoon has -11406, and he helps run the forum (Damaris is the one that actually runs it, but she's only got -1120 right now).

3. Even if the mods seem wrong, their right.

Have fun, enjoy your stay, and check out all of the comics that are about!

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Inumo on October 16, 2010, 10:29:36 AM
2. That little +#/-# thing over your avatar doesn't really mean anything. After all, Darkmoon has -11406, and he helps run the forum (Damaris is the one that actually runs it, but she's only got -1120 right now).

Damaris owns it. We all run it. I do the geeky stuff in the background that makes it run well.

Clearer, now?

CoyoteCaliente

Quote from: Tytaj on October 16, 2010, 03:54:00 AM
Um, why is the thread renamed to hello? It should be something along the lines of .. Hello my name is coyote~ etc.

Well that isn't confusing at all.

But, no biggie. Anyhow, thanks for the welcome.

Quote from: Inumo on October 16, 2010, 10:29:36 AM
Hey there! Welcome to the forums. You've already heard the whole "read the rules" shtick, so I'm just gonna pass a few tips for ya.

1. Don't post in the Lost Lake Inn if a thread's been dead for 2 weeks, or in any other section if it's been a month. Some new members have missed this on occasion.

3. Even if the mods seem wrong, their right.

Have fun, enjoy your stay, and check out all of the comics that are about!

Yeah. The anti-thread-necromancy is a general rule I try not to break. And I agree, mod rule is law. My right as a forum member is just that, a right. So I'm a fairly good little forum member.

And I'll have to look into those other comics when I get the chance.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: CoyoteCaliente on October 18, 2010, 12:31:29 AM
Yeah. The anti-thread-necromancy is a general rule I try not to break. And I agree, mod rule is law. My right as a forum member is just that, a right. So I'm a fairly good little forum member.

Incorrect. You have no rights as a forum member. What you have are privileges.

The difference is, we give you access to post here. If you decide to abuse it, there is no reason at all why we should ensure you have it. The only reason anyone other than Damaris can post here is because she decided to share. Since nobody else is shouldering the burden of paying for this service, nobody else has a right to post.

... Okay, maybe Darkmoon, but that's just because he married her, and, as such, is helping pay. But everyone else? We're just random internet people, with the same rights as you'd get walking into someone else's home - if the owners let you write letters and leave them on the desk for everyone else, that's just a bonus.

Suwako

Quote from: CoyoteCaliente on October 18, 2010, 12:31:29 AM
Quote from: Tytaj on October 16, 2010, 03:54:00 AM

Well that isn't confusing at all.

Your thread is supposed to have a original title basically, that's what he meant. Not that HELLO was the obligatory threadtitle. 

So; Hello there my name is Coyote would have been an original thread title, which is somewhat closer to what they wish to have. :3

CoyoteCaliente

Meh. Boy did I phrase that wrong. Privilege. Yeah. That's the word.

For the sake of not coming off as any more... well, contradicting, I'll just nod and smile and use a mow emote.  :mowhappy

This must be a great first impression I'm making.

Mao

VAE

What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

llearch n'n'daCorna

Only after they messed up further. CoyoteCaliente is going a fair way towards redeeming himself by actually smiling and nodding, rather than arguing. ;-]

... In my humble opinion, anyway. *grin*

Suwako

Arguing with mods never got me anywhere, they always said that  I should stop complaining about the little things and stop pointing people to the rules. :<

Granted, I was a mod as well...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Well, you're safe from that problem here. ;-]