10/07/2010 [PF #139] - Stir in the flour until the plot has thickened...

Started by Madmann135, October 07, 2010, 08:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madmann135

Does Keaton make revenge list for everything.
"He harmed my sister. REVENGE!"
"He betrayed me. REVENGE!!"
"The dryer ate my sock. REVENGE!!!"

I am surprised that Keaton's shirt is not stretched out in the bust line.  

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

joshofspam

I almost get the impression on her face that she might be planning bad things in the future for Daryil's lover.

I was almost hoping Keaton was smarter then that. Daryil did not take having one of his lovers killed well. Unless theres something I'm missing in the plot that is making Keaton so happy. Maybe its leverage. Hmmmmm...

Remember the cast page. A happy Keaton is a scary Keaton. :kruger
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Inumo

Raskahn

If that's what happy Keaton looks like, I'd hate to be around when she's thoroughly pissed.

Turnsky

Quote from: Lone_Wolf on October 08, 2010, 04:50:21 AM
If that's what happy Keaton looks like, I'd hate to be around when she's thoroughly pissed.

i've seen that smile before.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Keleth

I'm just curious. What the heck is that brown thing?

I've seen some wall-trim and baseboard that look like that before. But it's too large for that, and it's...tall? Close? I don't know. Is it a desk? I'm...

I dunno :/ Just explain it please! D: I'm trying to wrap my head around it.
Help! I'm gay!

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Keleth

Not sure what you mean by sideboard, unless you mean the board that is 6 inches high that goes around the bottom of each wall in a room. (Around here that's what we refer to as baseboard)

But I don't think it could be that, as she'd be very tiny and sitting on the floor?

I dunno. Maybe it's you. It's brown and boxlike. Are you going to jump Keaton?
Help! I'm gay!

Sunblink

Quote from: Drathorin on October 08, 2010, 01:02:13 PM

It took me a bit to find what you were talking about. That's the back of the chair. XD

Quote from: Turnsky on October 08, 2010, 11:15:00 AM

[OH GOD]

I CAN'T UNSEEEEEEEEE

Keleth

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on October 08, 2010, 06:18:29 PM
Quote from: Drathorin on October 08, 2010, 01:02:13 PM

It took me a bit to find what you were talking about. That's the back of the chair. XD

No no, the brown thing BEHIND the chair.
Help! I'm gay!

Inumo

As I understand it, Keaton's sitting at the desk chair in the office. The darker brown thing is the chair, which is facing away from the desk (the screen is behind the desk, after all), and the lighter brown thing is the desk itself.

Tapewolf

Here is a rough plan of the office:

http://www.project-future.org/stuff/things/ashfords_office120.png

...the desk is made up of several desk units fastened together.  Power for the desk-lamp, on-screen projector etc comes from a floor-mounted power point.  The door on the right is the store cupboard where Ashford's body was hidden before Keaton could dispose of it.

The wall-screen is behind Ashford since he typically uses the desk more.  In this instance, Keaton has turned the chair around so that she can view it at her leisure.  One thing that's bugging me a little about the desk is that the height of it has remained the same in the middle and bottom panels - I should probably go in and fix that.

EDIT:

Also I seem to have forgotten to leave space for Ashford's legs.  For obvious reasons I've not had Ren to look over it first this last fortnight... :-/

Either way, I've just updated the last two pages.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Keleth

I was more of just wondering about the angle of it. As the angle of that desk is rather.. off.

Here, I don't know if I can explain what I mean with words. So here's just a little visual example.

The desk looks more like it's in a 3/4 view, and it's just off enough that it disjoints the panels.

It's harder than it looks, it's something that comes with practise.
Help! I'm gay!

Corgatha Taldorthar

Lately, Keaton's been wearing glasses. She doesn't actually need them to see clearly, does she?
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

VAE

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on October 08, 2010, 07:46:20 PM
Lately, Keaton's been wearing glasses. She doesn't actually need them to see clearly, does she?
All in the secretary disguise.

Also, i was discussing something with a friend recently, which makes me interested.... i can't decide whether using the appearance of a yellow-black jackal, and the name "Jane Keaton" is brilliant or idiotic.
I mean, on one side it is suspicious as hell.... on second , if you have no reason to suspect her, it's utterly brilliant because it draws attention away - noone would ever guess (well, except people who know her well as the friend pointed out) that she would use such disguise. therefore hiding her in plain sight....
Keaton, Tape, any insight on what was going on in her head when picking the form?
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Sunblink

UH

*checks through all the PF pages to make sure she doesn't contradict anything*

Secretary disguise + Keaton needs reading glasses, I guess. I'm not sure if that's something that Cubi can alter, though.

Originally (as in: when I wrote her when I was 15 :[ ), she needed glasses because they were enchanted and she couldn't see in color in her right eye without them, but that was even more farfetched than the reading glasses thing.

VAE

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on October 08, 2010, 08:01:29 PM

UH

Secretary disguise + Keaton needs reading glasses, I guess. I'm not sure if that's something that Cubi can alter, though.

Originally (as in: when I wrote her when I was 15 :[ ), she needed glasses because they were enchanted and she couldn't see in color in her right eye without them, but that was even more farfetched than the reading glasses thing.

I.. dunno... doesn't seem farfetched to me ... besides... all vision correction would require as for shapeshifting would be changing the curvature of her eye lens...  which makes glasses a very feasible  disguise because she can shapeshift herself a vision defect to correspond with the glassses intentionally so that noone can "see through" the deception. .
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Corgatha Taldorthar

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on October 08, 2010, 08:01:29 PM

I'm still confused :( If it's a secretary disguise, why is she wearing them now? I mean, if anyone needs to see her, she'll be Ashford-esque, or they're gonna die. And she's not always consistently wearing them......
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on October 08, 2010, 09:17:51 PM
I'm still confused :( If it's a secretary disguise, why is she wearing them now? I mean, if anyone needs to see her, she'll be Ashford-esque, or they're gonna die. And she's not always consistently wearing them......

I'm taking it that her right eye is still weak from the business alluded to in pages 90-91.  Her captors prevented it from healing correctly.

Quote from: Drathorin on October 08, 2010, 07:43:34 PM
I was more of just wondering about the angle of it. As the angle of that desk is rather.. off.
Perspective has long been my enemy so I'm not surprised. 

Note that the chair is a different distance away from the desk in each panel, though and that her posture isn't the same either.

QuoteHere, I don't know if I can explain what I mean with words. So here's just a little visual example.

I notice you used the old version, the new one should be marginally better, though it still uses fixed perspective for the desk.  Given most of it is hidden it didn't seem worth flailing around over.

ChaosMageX

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on October 08, 2010, 06:18:29 PM
Quote from: Turnsky on October 08, 2010, 11:15:00 AM

[OH GOD]

I CAN'T UNSEEEEEEEEE

That was exactly the first thing that popped into my head when I saw Keaton's expression.

This thread should have been titled "And then Keaton got a wonderfully aweful idea", darn it!

This was the second thing that popped into my head:

:mwaha ...  :giggle :P

EDIT:  One other thing I wanted to ask:

What is with that sparkle as she's shapeshifting in the 2nd-to-last panel?
Is she using magic to make her glasses (which aren't a shapeshifted part of her body) disappear?

Icon by Sunblink

Tapewolf

Quote from: ChaosMageX on October 09, 2010, 10:15:47 AM
What is with that sparkle as she's shapeshifting in the 2nd-to-last panel?
Is she using magic to make her glasses (which aren't a shapeshifted part of her body) disappear?

It looked weird without the visual cue, actually.  It's not the first time I've done that, though.  Page 134 for instance, though it's a bit more muted there.