09/21/2010 [DMFA #1149] - Good ol' Devin

Started by RandomMetaphysics, September 21, 2010, 12:57:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RandomMetaphysics

This... :U
I need to go grab some sour-patch-kids >:3

joshofspam

Well, Devon did call up Lorenda for help. But it seems like it was to late to save the Rumballs.

Though it seems that Amber is setting up for that good old three way awkwardness. MMMmmmmm. Awkward. Better then Rumballs and with half the calories. :mowcookie
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

PetFriendAmy

It was shortly after I read this comic and realized that Devin would be going to Jyrras' house that my brain clicked and I went, "wait, you mean the same Jyrras' house that Abel is at right now?"

...Well, this should definitely get interesting. :3

Demont

Quote from: PetFriendAmy on September 21, 2010, 02:23:19 AM
It was shortly after I read this comic and realized that Devin would be going to Jyrras' house that my brain clicked and I went, "wait, you mean the same Jyrras' house that Abel is at right now?"

...Well, this should definitely get interesting. :3
Makes me wonder how Abel will react to see an undead Devin who dis not remember him? this should be good. >:3

Tapewolf

Quote from: Demont on September 21, 2010, 02:27:28 AM
Makes me wonder how Abel will react to see an undead Devin who dis not remember him? this should be good. >:3

The phrase I was going to use was 'really not good'...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Madmann135

so a Gay possibly Bi is living in a house with a hinted Bi/Lesbian!? 
I Really do not think Amber would set this up only to have it crash and burn with the reuniting of Abel and Devin.  I am guessing that if they do see each other they will not recognize each other, Able will not recognize Devin

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Madd the Sane

*covers mouth with hand and laughs*
Abel is going to the new, improved undead Devin.
This will go horribly wrong! I wanna watch! >:3

Your history is catching up with you, Abel. How prepared are you?
Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

Anri

Oh my, oh my, oh my! This should get exceptionally interesting very fast.

Bjalf

I seem to recall Ambaaargh saying that Abel and Devin would never meet, but I can't find any references to it.

And seing Lorenda back in that store, I'm reminded of this strip.

Also, nice phones.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Bjalf on September 21, 2010, 03:29:07 AM
I seem to recall Ambaaargh saying that Abel and Devin would never meet, but I can't find any references to it.

Ah, but with Jyrras out of it and Abel sitting there and brooding, who's going to pick up the phone?

Abel may or may not know about telephones.  They're fairly low-tech so it's likely that he'd hear about them from SAIA students going back the last 75 years, or the minds of people in the shopping centre, or Jyrras etc (has Jyrras made a call while Abel's around?).
Message orbs might chime or something when there's an incoming call and he might make the connection that way.

Point is, if he does pick up, he's going to learn about it [Devin] without the two of them meeting.

EDIT: And that ignores the possibility of him hearing a message being left by Lorenda if he doesn't pick up in time.

Bjalf

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 21, 2010, 03:43:44 AM
Ah, but with Jyrras out of it and Abel sitting there and brooding, who's going to pick up the phone?

Abel may or may not know about telephones.  They're fairly low-tech so it's likely that he'd hear about them from SAIA students going back the last 75 years, or the minds of people in the shopping centre, or Jyrras etc (has Jyrras made a call while Abel's around?).

Hmmm. Good point(s). Horribly, horribly good points.

Judging by the camera affair, I'd say he doesn't know about telephones, at least not the current crop of not-looking-anything-like telephones. The camera was invented long before the telephone. And with Warp-Acis all over the place, the only telephones would be in a very few classrooms.

Would he know how to pick up a phone when it rings? It's not logical. Simple as it is, you have to learn how to use it, it doesn't come naturally. And Jyrras would of course have a non-standard self-made message machine, possibly with speech-to-text and other weird stuff.

The only thing certain is that his nerves will take another beating.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Bjalf on September 21, 2010, 05:41:13 AM
Would he know how to pick up a phone when it rings? It's not logical. Simple as it is, you have to learn how to use it, it doesn't come naturally. And Jyrras would of course have a non-standard self-made message machine, possibly with speech-to-text and other weird stuff.

I had a reply for this, but I've just spotted something that blew it all away.
Page 1049.

Turnsky

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 21, 2010, 06:03:41 AM
Quote from: Bjalf on September 21, 2010, 05:41:13 AM

I had a reply for this, but I've just spotted something that blew it all away.
Page 1049.

that and phones and other such technological doohickeys might be all the rage with some cubi back in SAIA.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

MT Hazard

Will Devlin finally meet Abel or miss him by inches ? Does J like skinny undead boys? Does Bernadette have anything do do with this story?

Find out in the next episode of D.M.S.A, Dan and Mab's Soap Adventures!
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Arcblade

Quote from: MT Hazard on September 21, 2010, 06:22:01 AM
Will Devlin finally meet Abel or miss him by inches ? Does J like skinny undead boys? Does Bernadette have anything do do with this story?

Find out in the next episode of D.M.S.A, Dan and Mab's Soap Adventures!

(drags up an easy chair, a massive bowl of popcorn, and flops down)

I love this comic.   :mowcookie

Caswin

Heheheheh... hehehaha...

Hahahahahaha....

...We have achieved "Joker laugh".  Booyeah.
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Jasonrevall

Quote from: Bjalf on September 21, 2010, 03:29:07 AM

Sometimes plans change, but I think she said something along the lines of "they haven't met yet, and I have no plans on making them meet". Obviously I could be wrong but I remember when Bioware hinted that ME2 wouldn't be for PS3 and now it is so. You know how entertainers love to say things ambiguously to keep things interesting :3.

I also like Devin's dialogue, reminds me of a friend of mine. And ha, bi-desperate, I know what that feels like
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

Icalasari

Knowing Jy, he has a cellphone, and I bet Abel has yet to figure those out

Not to mention that Jy likely has it in his pocket anyways ("...Are his pants ringing?")
Quote from: MT Hazard on January 08, 2011, 10:54:19 AM
Warning! This cubi has encountered an unknown error and needs to restart
Do you wish to start in safe mode ? Y/N
Loading last known good configuration.....
Loading WinMows....

Bjalf

Quote from: Icalasari on September 21, 2010, 09:35:43 AM
Knowing Jy, he has a cellphone, and I bet Abel has yet to figure those out

Not to mention that Jy likely has it in his pocket anyways ("...Are his pants ringing?")

Jy's cellphone wouldn't ring, it would play YMCA.

And vibrate.

PetFriendAmy

Yeah, even if they don't physically meet, I can still foresee Abel at least overhearing about an Undead named Devin sometime in the near future, at which point he would go "Devin?! N-no way, it's just a coincidence right?!" :U Heck, it's possible he'll hear Devin and Kria in the same sentence, and thus spazz out.

Baal Hadad

Why IS that rhino listening in on her conversation...?  :P

Bjalf

Quote from: Baal Hadad on September 21, 2010, 01:07:06 PM
Why IS that rhino listening in on her conversation...?  :P

She's totally hot, does she have a pulse?   :bunny

Cogidubnus

Reminds me. Has Abel met Kria yet? I don't think it's come up, come to think of it.

Which is odd. You think that Fi would mention something like that when Abel was holding him over a blender.
...no, that sounds about right, actually.

ooklah

I look forward to this clash of peoples.  :3
<wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka>
"Why no, officer, I am not made of pancakes."

Ryy Lazurus

*Smacks recliner chair beside Arcblade with a cooler of beers and own packet of popcorn*

heh,

I'm liking Amber's sadism. The way things are going, it may turn out to be a ... memorable gathering at the Soulstealer residence.

Drakesfyre

That rhino looks like Bernadette from the store when lorenda and Kria went shopping. The one that was there when Lorenda wing-popped?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Drakesfyre on September 21, 2010, 03:01:59 PM
That rhino looks like Bernadette from the store when lorenda and Kria went shopping. The one that was there when Lorenda wing-popped?

http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_774.php

...some people at the time wondered if Lorenda was trying to set her up with Jy or something.

joshofspam

Then again Devon could just meet Deeb's and her sister.

Though by that same reasoning I do enjoy a good old fation Hallway door chase theme like from Scooby Doo. May the opening and slamming of doors beggin.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

lilpuppy23

Devin has a very interesting phone...

...Which is about the best thing I can think to say  :B

D'ymkarra

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 21, 2010, 03:06:01 PM
http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_774.php

That's exactly what I thought of when I saw Bern again...I still wonder sometimes what Lorenda's big idea was.

And, on a lighter note, we now know why the rum is always gone...Kria got to it first  :mowhappy
'It'd be such an honour, to be personally smacked upside the head by the artist herself' - Bjalf