Star Wreck'd (OOC) ["M"] (Back, but still Open.)

Started by Drayco84, August 09, 2010, 08:58:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drayco84

Argh... I'm trying to do this name-by-name, but all this is confusing as hell/zoning laws... That'll teach me to give a bunch of people free range in an RP...

Well, I'll be fixing this MY WAY...

AmberCross

Okay, editted everything that needed it on my part. Question: is there a reason everyone seems scared of the rock? Im having my character take it in stride but I'm wondering if I've got something wrong.

That_wolf

Here's a thought for you. You have this clown dool, sitting on your bed. you leave it there, and go get some food from the fridge. When you open the fridge, the clown is in it.
Abel needs a hug...

Drayco84

Quote from: That_wolf on August 10, 2010, 11:16:43 PM
Here's a thought for you. You have this clown dool, sitting on your bed. you leave it there, and go get some food from the fridge. When you open the fridge, the clown is in it.
I'd empty whatever gun I had on hand into the clown.

I HATE clowns...

Edit: Oh yeah, post is up. Yes, you're all trapped inside ONE room.

That_wolf

They scare me. Why I love playing L4d2's level Dark Carnival. You get to blow clown(zombies) away with chainsaws, and shotguns:D

Edit, for IC: Wait, we WERN'T in the Briefing room? Plot...twist?
Abel needs a hug...

Drayco84

Some "less cooperative" individuals weren't...

*Glares at danman, Meany, and SquirrelWizard.*

Ironically, those three are most often on Baschat...
That, and JC hadn't yet made his first post...

Shachza

You all post way too fast.  I'm trying to do something here and the scene changes between writing a response and checking for new responses before I hit post.   :<

With how slow Azlan posts he'll have seizures.
            <-- #1 that is!

That_wolf

Sorry about that. I'm still wondering how you can RP with a 'Seemingly' life less object, and I want to see.
Abel needs a hug...

AmberCross

Shachza, I feel the same way :/ I've taken to writing shorter posts just so I could get stuff in without stuff changing. It's been ages since I've been in an RP popular enough that I've had this problem.

Also, what is this Baschat? And how do I stop personal messages from triggering an email to my account? I'd rather not set up a filter but it seems I may have to.

Draken

Profile -> Notifications and Email.  The first checkbox deals with the unread messages, and is autoclicked.  Unclick, and save.  There ya go.
"TEETH!  TEETH!  He's a biter!!!"
Go get'em, Jy!

Pancakes.  The evilest food thing since THOSE brownies.  You know the ones.

Currently a complete non-fan of Mab.  Say what you will, I will forever consider her the Big Bad >.>

Inumo

Sorry 'bout that Shachza. I was gone for the past ~4 hours, so I didn't see your posts. I just assumed by you saying "rock" you meant riverbed-type rock, not fair-sized rock or boulder. Also, thought we had been called into Snivers' office, not the briefing room.

AmberCross

Quote from: Draken on August 10, 2010, 11:42:32 PM
Profile -> Notifications and Email.  The first checkbox deals with the unread messages, and is autoclicked.  Unclick, and save.  There ya go.
I tried that >.< All it did was get me email from EVERY new message.

SquirrelWizard

Quote from: Drayco84 on August 10, 2010, 11:30:47 PM
Some "less cooperative" individuals weren't...

*Glares at danman, Meany, and SquirrelWizard.*

Ironically, those three are most often on Baschat...
That, and JC hadn't yet made his first post...

now I'll have you know Seras was heading to the briefing room. He just hadn't arrived just yet.
Update Status: Zombified

<Tezkat> Talking to yourself is a sign of impending mental collapse.
<SquirrelWizard> I talk to myself all the time, and I'm the sanest guy I know.

<TotalBiscuit> Upgrades! Upgrades! Upgrades! Its wacky-waving-inflatable-arm waving... nuclear missile... well, suppose that works...

Inumo

AmberCross, if you need to do that long of an OOC comment that's not directly related to your post, post it here. I'll edit from four-armed to four-legged though.

Drayco84

QuoteRight, things to point out... from what I understand, the rock is more like a small boulder than an actual rock. Not sure it would be able to stay on the arm chair or back any more than a regular sized person could. The other thing to point out is that my character has three sets of limbs. The lowermost two are always legs, but the middle set are interchangeable between legs and arms. Currently he's using them as legs and sitting on his haunches much the way a dog or a cat would. The uppermost limbs are pretty much arms and are usually what he uses for manipulating stuff, but he can walk on all six limbs if he wants. I imagine this might get confusing, is there a good way to indicate which state he's in at any given time?

Go with two-legged, four-legged, and six-legged and work that in somehow.

Inumo

Quote from: That_wolfInumo.....Thank you, that post made my day.

Hey, it said in his psych profile he hated clothes. He saw Seras nekkid, assumed it was an non-professional/public space, and went normal.

AmberCross

Sorry, I'm very used to everyone just posting the OOC to the top or bottom to keep it in just one thread. Kind of a tough habit to break. Maybe I can use the emoticons somehow?  :giggle for two legs,  :boogie for four, and   :bunny for six? I could put it at the start or end of a post to represent a change in status.

Also Wolf... We (including you) are still in the same room. It's just Seras, Meany, the navigator, and the first officer who got teleported before the captain himself walked in. As for Jason... pretty sure it's not terribly indecent for his species to not wear clothes and I imagine they'd get in the way of wings.

That_wolf

All I know is, this will be REALY fun.

Also, It's midningt, and I'm supposed to go to bed an hour ago so...yeah, my posts will be tired, and also I might suddenly quit.
Abel needs a hug...

Inumo

That might work, though you'd probably want non-animated ones, like :) or :U. Would it be more hands-and-feet than six-legged though?

Drayco84

Whoa... You go, naturists...

Quote from: AmberCross928 on August 10, 2010, 11:56:15 PM
Quote from: Draken on August 10, 2010, 11:42:32 PM
Profile -> Notifications and Email.  The first checkbox deals with the unread messages, and is autoclicked.  Unclick, and save.  There ya go.
I tried that >.< All it did was get me email from EVERY new message.
Yeah, it really needs a "JUST STOP EMAILING ME!" option...
Especially for those that almost NEVER check their email...

Quote from: AmberCross928 on August 11, 2010, 12:13:48 AM
Sorry, I'm very used to everyone just posting the OOC to the top or bottom to keep it in just one thread. Kind of a tough habit to break. Maybe I can use the emoticons somehow?  :giggle for two legs,  :boogie for four, and   :bunny for six? I could put it at the start or end of a post to represent a change in status.
"Six/Four/Two-legged position" should work, though, or "shifting to four legs", "raised up onto his hind legs", etc. should also work.

Draken

Maaan, I really want to post, just to post, but I better not. I have 4 on this page alone.  Yeesh! :B

Edit: Are you kidding about the looks??  He's a friggin color buffet to my char!  Now I really want to post :P
Go get'em, Jy!

Currently a complete non-fan of Mab.  Say what you will, I will forever consider her the Big Bad >.>

AmberCross

The reason I don't just say hands and feet is because Chris' species can naturally walk that way. When on all six limbs, it's kind of like he actually has six legs. You say a person goes on their hands and feet because one is clearly hands and the other is clearly feet. It's impossible to use one as the other with any speed. Plus for humans it's just awkward as all hell.
Quote from: Drayco84 on August 11, 2010, 12:17:09 AM
Yeah, it really needs a "JUST STOP EMAILING ME!" option...
Especially for those that almost NEVER check their email...
Right... 'set up a filter' it is.
Quote from: Drayco84 on August 11, 2010, 12:17:09 AM
"Six/Four/Two-legged position" should work, though, or "shifting to four legs", "raised up onto his hind legs", etc. should also work.
I've been making sure to say something in every post he changes positions, but it's kind of hard to notice when just skimming through. I may have to use a different color to highlight wherever I say something like that. Probably a better solution than making everyone remember what emoticon means what.

Inumo

Shachza, I thought Snivers wasn't in the room; he was briefing via vidscreen. The rock could be sitting on top of the briefing pamphlets though.

Draken

You also mentioned Click twice.  And GD not at all?
Go get'em, Jy!

Shachza

Quote from: Draken on August 11, 2010, 12:29:02 AM
You also mentioned Click twice.  And GD not at all?

Copy and paste for expediency is not always user-friendly.  You are included, rest assured.   :)

Quote from: Inumo on August 11, 2010, 12:28:31 AM
Shachza, I thought Snivers wasn't in the room; he was briefing via vidscreen. The rock could be sitting on top of the briefing pamphlets though.

Better?!

PS  Sleepy time now.
            <-- #1 that is!

Inumo

Not to be annoying, Shachza, but...

Quote from: Drayco84 on August 10, 2010, 11:21:58 PM
   All of you are now -trapped- in the meeting room, which also includes JamesCray's character. You will be allowed out once Snivers has given you the mission briefing via the viewscreen in the room.

Might be me misinterpreting, but I think he's briefing remotely. I doubt he wants to be in a room with insane-asylum patients...

On a side note, I've gone forum stalker for this; I've been following the Who's Online page to watch for when someone posts. :P

Drayco84

Just to remind everyone...

Snivers is NOT in the room. This will become important later. (Translation: It's gonna suck for you guys, but not for him because of that fact.)

AmberCross

Well that's mildly creepy, but not quite so much as my sister's Orgo. Chem. teacher so you're still good ^.^

Poor Ash though. Xenosian scavenger is creepy enough without looking like a snake ^.^; I almost had my character go interact with Seras and the thing ("Is that a Xenosian scavenger? Where'd you find it?"), but my character isn't supposed to be ADD to the point of jumping from one conversation to another without awaiting a response ;>.>

Inumo

Alright, I need to get up in ~7 hours, gonna go head for bed. See you guys in ~10 to be on the safe side, though I might check in before I sleep/before I leave.

hapless

*claps* Bravo! I laughed so much reading these pages, family came to ask what's going on.
Strong candidate for the Readers' Choice Award (if such will ever exist). ;)

And you know folks... despite "free form", you may want to try to agree to post in order, to avoid breaking more elaborate actions with ninja'ing... chaos in-RP = good, chaos OOC != good... *grins to Stormy*
Chaosnet device not responding - check breaker on the Unibus