23/07/2010 [AS2 #105] - This is mah house.

Started by Joe3210, July 23, 2010, 06:22:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on July 25, 2010, 08:26:47 AM
Well, now. See, I read the pages in question as Fa'Lina's ability to see people fades when _she_ leaves the Academy. But that could be just me...

Try this one:
http://missmab.com/Comics/Ab_058.php
...specifically panel 2.  IMHO students are going to leave the academy far more often than she does.  I'm not sure I can really see her leaving for more than a few hours at a go, but that could just be me :3

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

Hrm. Yeah, okay, I can see that. I'm not sure it's what Amber meant, but I can see it.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on July 25, 2010, 03:48:58 PM
Hrm. Yeah, okay, I can see that. I'm not sure it's what Amber meant, but I can see it.

Oh, just came across this, it's in Fa'Lina's profile:
"Fa'Lina seems to have the ability to know everything that goes on in the Academy. This can also affect those who leave the Academy, but only for a short window of time."

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Anker Steadfast

This is actually a fascinating sdubject.

I think her area of influence would probably also include the nearest surroundings of the academy itself.
ie. if it has a garden, it would be covered .... or a driveway .. or something like that.

Perhaps the neighbours as well, if there is any - It is after all located in a pocket area.
But since it has sewers going to it, it might have some connection to the ordinary world.

For what reasons, I don't know, but I could hazard a guess.
I would think it would be for ordinary stuff like, food supplies and such.
It would probably take quite a large pocket dimension to create enough farming fields to cover the need for food and beer.
Not for the cubi, but for all the other beings in the area.
Though Cubi seems to like eating for recreational reasons too.

Such an entry/connection between the real world and the pocket dimension could be in an isolated area.
Or it might even be cleverly disguised in the middle of a city.

I guess it all depends on what is easiest for the author.
But it would make some sense to have a (semi) permanent connection of a sort.
Offcourse, with the dragons around, it's probably really well camoflaged ... like .. REALLY well !

Either that, or dragons are really stupid. :D

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Ted Schiller

And the Five O'clock Whistle finally blows.
It was a nice story, TOO HAVE. :)

With regards,
Ted