23/07/2010 [AS2 #105] - This is mah house.

Started by Joe3210, July 23, 2010, 06:22:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe3210

Fixing it she sooner or later she will.
"You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!"

lawl

Arcblade

Fa'Lina looks really pissed.  That's rarely a good sign for anyone.  

Facts of note:  

• Destania left the academy for some reason, ending up in bad shape on the foyer of an inn.  
  • Abel was still at the academy when Dan got there.
  • Abel fights like Destania, according to Dan.

From this...  I'll speculate Destania leaving the academy might have something to do with Fa'Lina's expression here, but Destania probably doesn't leave until she's taught Abel how to defend himself.  Which would be a couple hundred years, given Dan's age.  

Thoughts?

Also, congrats to Amber on finishing this side story.  May your newly-freed up time be excellent and relaxing.   :mowsmile

Sind

No more Abel story, eh? =/

But damn, that was one heck of an awesome story =3

Tapewolf

I very much like the way the end mirrors the beginning of part two.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

VAE

Quote from: Arcblade on July 23, 2010, 06:41:27 AM
Fa'Lina looks really pissed.  That's rarely a good sign for anyone.  

Facts of note:  

• Destania left the academy for some reason, ending up in bad shape on the foyer of an inn.  
  • Abel was still at the academy when Dan got there.
  • Abel fights like Destania, according to Dan.

From this...  I'll speculate Destania leaving the academy might have something to do with Fa'Lina's expression here, but Destania probably doesn't leave until she's taught Abel how to defend himself.  Which would be a couple hundred years, given Dan's age.  

Thoughts?

Also, congrats to Amber on finishing this side story.  May your newly-freed up time be excellent and relaxing.   :mowsmile

This was my hypothesis back in April, discussing it with our DM , who is also a DMFA fan (although he seems to like PF more, because of Daryil) (my hypothesis was that Dee got fed up on abel being a loser, and went to kill Aniz herself... she defeated him but then got picked upon by the band of beings as mentioned)
It fails on one count.... there is an incredible time gap between dan's conception, and these events. 
Even if the guy hid all the time, there is one more thing... Aary.
When she reached the oracle, Dan was already born. Now, she probably didn't leave several years after Dee, and also, the oracle being a public place, like an information authority, it would be one of the first places someone intelligent like Aary would go to... therefore the time gap is unexplainable ... there are over 100 years between her leaving and dan being born
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Rambon

Beautiful cliff-hanger. I don't think Abel's Story should have ended in another fashion. It'd ruin the moment.

Honestly the only question i have right now is was this before or after Fa-Lina and Destania Fought about Destania having children and infants used in her class?

jeffh4

Did I hear a promise to do Regina's story next?  Yay!!!!!   :)

Seriously, though.  Amber's artwork keeps getting better all the time.  I'm looking forward to what she does next that is outside the format of the main DMFA comic (which is small, more often than not has lots of text, and doesn't have much room for artwork).

Rambon

Quote from: jeffh4 on July 23, 2010, 08:46:31 AM

But i thought that Mikelo was getting his comic started after Abel's Story ended!?

joshofspam

Personely I like how the Abel story end. It tells us how he got there and what effect it had on him. While at the same time certain things  may hint at and answer new revelation in the normal story line as it progress.

As for the last statement in the rant box. " Run! Run!! RUN YOU FOOL'S!!! SHE'S SUMMONING THE PYGMY SHREWS TO THE FORUM!!!!! OW!!! THE BITING! THE HORRABLE SPEARING! GET THEM OF PLEASE?!?
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Rambon on July 23, 2010, 08:51:20 AM
But i thought that Mikelo was getting his comic started after Abel's Story ended!?

If you look through her FA gallery (I don't have the link, I'm at work), you'll find a few character designs (e.g. the peacock guy) which were for a new, non-DMFA project.  Rumour has it that this was going to replace Abel's Story.  I don't know if that's still the case.

Anker Steadfast

An interesting ending, for sure.
In many ways, nothing has changed, except for Abel himself. :)

Also, one suspects Fa'Lina to have told Min to hang around Abel in case he should be harmed.

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Naldru

With regards to the end of the story mirroring the beginning, my thought was that all of Part 2 was a flashback on the part of Fa'Lina.  This would mean that the final page chronologically followed immediately after the first few.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Drayco84

Well, it raised just as many or more questions than it answered, and it's a little saddening to see it end, but it had to sometime.

QuoteFinally, the biggest question likely to come out of this. "Does this mean you are doing Regina's Story next?" and my answer to you guys is "Arfadsldjsalkjdasl....*flails*"
Okay, a fair enough answer. But hey, at least she doesn't have a bajillion spots!

Arroyo Milori

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on July 23, 2010, 12:18:52 PM
An interesting ending, for sure.
In many ways, nothing has changed, except for Abel himself. :)

Also, one suspects Fa'Lina to have told Min to hang around Abel in case he should be harmed.
Why do I have the strange feeling Mink might have been killed because of this? Ah well, the best strategy of telling a story is to leave them begging for more.

QuoteFinally, the biggest question likely to come out of this. "Does this mean you are doing Regina's Story next?" and my answer to you guys is "Arfadsldjsalkjdasl....*flails*"
That would be something I'd like to see. I got a soft spot for those who get pushed around a lot. >:3

Tapewolf

Quote from: Arroyo Milori on July 23, 2010, 01:35:50 PM
Quote from: Anker Steadfast on July 23, 2010, 12:18:52 PM
Why do I have the strange feeling Mink might have been killed because of this?

Mink basically can't be killed while he's on campus.  Fa'Lina is all-seeing and virtually all-powerful in the Academy and even if she wanted it for some reason, Jin would go nuts.

I still think that Mink has completed his course and left.

That_wolf

I hope mink makes an appearance in DMFA main comic. Or at least is alive.
Abel needs a hug...

Infranscia

Quote from: danman on July 23, 2010, 08:44:18 AM
Quote from: Arcblade on July 23, 2010, 06:41:27 AMI'll speculate Destania leaving the academy might have something to do with Fa'Lina's expression here, but Destania probably doesn't leave until she's taught Abel how to defend himself.  Which would be a couple hundred years, given Dan's age. 

Thoughts?

This was my hypothesis back in April, discussing it with our DM , who is also a DMFA fan (although he seems to like PF more, because of Daryil) (my hypothesis was that Dee got fed up on abel being a loser, and went to kill Aniz herself... she defeated him but then got picked upon by the band of beings as mentioned)
It fails on one count.... there is an incredible time gap between dan's conception, and these events. 
Even if the guy hid all the time, there is one more thing... Aary.
When she reached the oracle, Dan was already born. Now, she probably didn't leave several years after Dee...

Aary decided to finish her classes before leaving to search for Destania.  Looking at it again, Destania was only gone for a year before Aary set out and talked to the oracles (before I looked again, I thought it might have been more like four years, at least).  Now admittedly, this is cutting it kinda close, considering all that happens (two months between meeting Edward and getting married, and then another nine months before Dan happens), but it is still possible.

The part that I wonder about is how Dee could've been worn down so easily during the battle.  She already must've been powerful in order to live to 7,000 years old, so I wonder what her opponent must have been like in order for her to 'barely win.'
Please excuse the watermarked avatar.  I haven't bothered to fix it yet.  (Still, thanks to PetFriendAmy for the original pic!)

VAE

A year yes, but not about 100 years or so.. look at ages of abel, and of dan
I assume there wasn't a massive time lapse in abel's story since abel's mother died....

As for the other... he could have ganged up with other shady characters and perhaps Dee's enemies.. Clan cyra isn't exactly the popular one.
and surprise can do a lot of things not ot mention he is still untrackable by magic
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

lilpuppy23

And here I thought the last page of Abel's story would be pg 424 of DMFA main...

Ah well. Great "ending" to a great story regardless!  :)

Merlin

Quote from: Rambon on July 23, 2010, 08:51:20 AM

Bweeheehee, exactly what I came to post :3 I hope that's still a thing that is happening, because I am excited for that!

Also, looking at panels 1 and 2, love the work put into the background characters, looks great! Always sad to see a story end, but it's an awesome ending. Love that it doesn't wrap everything up nicely, and so we can all go back to insane speculation, aw yesss.

Wanderer

Quote from: jeffh4 on July 23, 2010, 08:46:31 AM

Bah. I stopped caring about Regina's story when more exposure to the spotlight changed her from crazy-evil to selfish-brat-evil.

QuoteBut i thought that Mikelo was getting his comic started after Abel's Story ended!?

If it means we get Boko as well, I will support this.

Anyway. I like how Fa'Lina's dialogue calls us back to the beginning of part 2, but where there was doubt before, now there is certainty. "There is hope." "It is not too late." "I can fix this." The hesitation from before is gone. This is HER world, and she will make things right.

Rambon

Quote from: Wanderer on July 23, 2010, 08:01:05 PM
Bah. I stopped caring about Regina's story when more exposure to the spotlight changed her from crazy-evil to selfish-brat-evil.

Totally agree with you on that.

VAE

Quote from: Rambon on July 23, 2010, 08:27:38 PM
Quote from: Wanderer on July 23, 2010, 08:01:05 PM

Totally agree with you on that.

I dunno.. she kind of is both... and it still seems interesting at least to me
Saphroneth

lilpuppy23

If it means we get Boko as well, I will support this.

Anyway. I like how Fa'Lina's dialogue calls us back to the beginning of part 2, but where there was doubt before, now there is certainty. "There is hope." "It is not too late." "I can fix this." The hesitation from before is gone. This is HER world, and she will make things right.

Yay! Boko!

As for the second part, I didn't notice that, and you have a point! Of course we don't know what she really does from here. Maybe this is where they have the baby argument and then Fa'lina throws her out and Aary goes looking for her and blah blah blah stuff happens...

Jasonrevall

Nice little rap up and the last panel makes Fa'lina look amazing. Also I agree with Tapewolf, I think that Mink probably finished all the classes he needed and left.
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

PantheraLeo

I'm wondering about that, because while Fi'lina looks awesome angry, She's supposed to be at least semi-omniscient. It seems odd that if she knew this was coming that she'd pick now to be angry. I'm thinking she know there more that must unfold for a favorable outcome, like keeping Destina alive long enough to have a kid( Daniel ).

Seeing Able's not likely even 50 yet, and Daniel is not born until he's around ~375 I'm thinking Fi'lina thinking more along the lines:

"Yea, that's it. Just keep pushing my button's kitty-cat! I dare you ... "

-OR-

"Bear it, she's a psycho now, but later ..."

I'm thinking she needs Daniel for something first, or she doesn't want to be responsible for killing Cyra's clan the way her's was. (Until Daniel is born Destania is the last of Crya outside Crya herself, Which she still may not know is still around.)
Absolute brutal honesty with a hint of empathy is my policy, please contact my manager for returns.

Love is patient, Love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, is it not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love.

Tapewolf

Quote from: PantheraLeo on July 24, 2010, 04:46:13 PM
I'm wondering about that, because while Fi'lina looks awesome angry, She's supposed to be at least semi-omniscient. It seems odd that if she knew this was coming that she'd pick now to be angry. I'm thinking she know there more that must unfold for a favorable outcome, like keeping Destina alive long enough to have a kid( Daniel ).
She can't know that from Destania since her ability to see people fades when they leave the Academy.
As for her being angry about it, I guess you can foresee something and still be mad about it when it actually happens.

PantheraLeo

Quote from: Tapewolf on July 24, 2010, 04:57:37 PM
She can't know that from Destania since her ability to see people fades when they leave the Academy...

Yes, However, Aaryanna filing "his" request to join the academy (Where did she get the authority to do that anyway?) and both her and Daniel showing up at the academy in the future does fall with in that preview.
Absolute brutal honesty with a hint of empathy is my policy, please contact my manager for returns.

Love is patient, Love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, is it not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love.

InsanityRequiem

Just seeing how Fa'lina was, I can just picture some way to get back at Des going like this.

*Fa'lina pops out of nowhere.*

Oh Dest! There you are! Yeah, you know that attempted murder on one of my children just now? You see... That's no good. So! He's your personal student. Bye now!

*Fa'lina leaves.*

While that pops in my mind, the chance of that actually being what happens? Nil to zero!

And holy bejueebus does Fa'lina look lovely angry.
Who is the sanest of us all? Why, the insane of course!

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on July 24, 2010, 04:57:37 PM
She can't know that from Destania since her ability to see people fades when they leave the Academy.

Well, now. See, I read the pages in question as Fa'Lina's ability to see people fades when _she_ leaves the Academy. But that could be just me...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears