07/30/2010 [PF #128] - Never keep a lady waiting.

Started by joshofspam, July 30, 2010, 06:41:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joshofspam

Well it seems that that crystal had a virtual world in it.

Is it difficult to make that option?

It doesn't look like she liked being left alone for that long. The you never call card almost makes it sound that Jacob and her were dating....Wait Jacob essentially dated a rock once upon a time? :erk
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

techmaster-glitch

Tapewolf

Originally my plan was to do most of this in inverted pencils, but Ren drew them as chibis while he was at the village.  There is still a nod to that plan in certain panels, but we decided to make it as trippy-looking as possible.
Then I hit on the idea of using Ren's placeholder text instead of speech bubbles.  The result is what you see here.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Paladin Sheppard

Tape you should know Jakobs are a recommended part of an Ephrael's diet!

I was rather pleased last week to see that certain soul gem, and was eagerly awaiting this Saturday's comic, I was no disappointed :3

Though it seems Ephy has had a hair cut since I last saw her :P

Turnsky

i thought she just liked wings..

with barbecue sauce.  >:3

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Tapewolf

Quote from: Paladin Sheppard on July 31, 2010, 12:41:29 AM
Tape you should know Jakobs are a recommended part of an Ephrael's diet!

I knew it should have been Paige or Pal instead  :B

QuoteI was rather pleased last week to see that certain soul gem, and was eagerly awaiting this Saturday's comic, I was no disappointed :3

Yeah, I wasn't sure if you were following the comic and was afraid you'd miss it...

QuoteThough it seems Ephy has had a hair cut since I last saw her :P

Yeah, I think Ren was saying that he'd got the hair wrong.  What he did do very well in this page was the ear gestures.  Hopefully we'll keep doing that in future, it's something we've neglected so far.

Quote from: Turnsky on July 31, 2010, 01:51:54 AM
i thought she just liked wings..
with barbecue sauce.  >:3

Funnily enough I told Ren that that panel was a bit creepy because it was kind of like she was trying to eat his soul...

Turnsky

Quote from: Tapewolf on July 31, 2010, 05:51:36 AM
Yeah, I think Ren was saying that he'd got the hair wrong.  What he did do very well in this page was the ear gestures.  Hopefully we'll keep doing that in future, it's something we've neglected so far.

sometimes it's not easy to stick to reference, just go with that it's her soul inna jar and she appears as she wishes it to be.. either that or she had short hair when she snuffed it, either way in your case it's easy to work with as far as narrative causality is concerned.
Either way she does have a ref sheet lurking about, and i can speak from experience that it's not easy putting together a new character into a consistent form

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Gabi

...And that's why  asked what happens when you put someone who's already crazy in a soul gem. ;)

The trippy effect has definitely been achieved. Has it been that way for her all the time, or does she have control of the environment in there? And if it's the latter, was she doing that to annoy Jakob?
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Tapewolf

Quote from: Gabi on July 31, 2010, 04:19:35 PM
The trippy effect has definitely been achieved. Has it been that way for her all the time, or does she have control of the environment in there? And if it's the latter, was she doing that to annoy Jakob?

I think of it as Ephrael having been in a dream for at least part of that time.

Tapewolf

Keleth

He's really...uh.... lacking a lot of lady skills isn't he?

Or some common sense. heh XD
Help! I'm gay!

Tapewolf

Quote from: Drathorin on August 04, 2010, 07:10:23 PM
He's really...uh.... lacking a lot of lady skills isn't he?
Or some common sense. heh XD

It's not exactly one of his finest moments, no...