Previous topic - Next topic

RandomMetaphysics

Mink... is a friend one can count on :)
Awesome update as usual :3

Anri

Daww, mink is so loving. ;~;

edit: Crud, I got beaten, can this one get nuked. c.c

LigerJet

Mink~<3  I hope we get more Mink after Abel's Story...

Raskahn

Damnit Amber! All I can say is "Daawww" when I look at the page.

Suwako

Truly adorable.

Hope heals all wounds? Hope gives life? Hope is us reaching out towards the light? Hope is what drives us?

Thirty Second Artbomb

VAE

Awesome, Amber!
Even the abel - allergic me liked this a load!
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

AstreaAran

I've read DMFA for a long time, but never really bothered with the forums before. But... well, I gotta hand it to ya, Amber. This last Abel's Story page was beautiful. I've loved this story in general, as you've done a fantastic job of storytelling with this side comic, and in many ways, I actually feel it even somehow compliments the ordinary humor of DMFA well. It's a fantasy comic, with anthro characters, but very human personality... a very 'real' story. it's been seriously engaging, and I honestly want to thank you for producing such a fine tale for us to enjoy. I'm always eager to see where it goes, and how it tangles in with the comic we already know.

I also wanted to comment on just how beautiful this last comic in particular was, to me. It moved me deeply, on a personal level. I know all too well how it feels to just want to hold someone dear to you tightly, wishing to take away all the pain, yearning to give them something to hope for... A difficult nest of emotions to bear, perhaps, even as it's otherwise a kind and positive reaction. It's very hard to see someone you care about in deep pain, and seemingly without hope in their heart. And there couldn't be anything greater they need, in such a time.

This is the meaning of art, to me. To not just produce an image. But to evoke, in the viewers, deep and meaningful emotional response.

Thank you.

Prof B Hunnydew

Quote from: Tytaj on July 10, 2010, 05:48:33 AM
Truly adorable.

Hope heals all wounds? Hope gives life? Hope is us reaching out towards the light? Hope is what drives us?

Aawww Yes, Mink shows that he is cute and useful in pinch, but I wonder if combat-trained Cubi can heal themselves from a wound like, or Is this a a general weakness they all have.?  Concentration maybe required to shapeshift/heal, and who can concentrate while choking to death.

PBH 

Anker Steadfast

Dawww

Healing squiggly hugs - How disgustingly adorable!

:kittencute

Quote from: Prof B Hunnydew on July 10, 2010, 08:35:39 AM
Quote from: Tytaj on July 10, 2010, 05:48:33 AMTruly adorable.

Aawww Yes, Mink shows that he is cute and useful in pinch, but I wonder if combat-trained Cubi can heal themselves from a wound like, or Is this a a general weakness they all have.?  Concentration maybe required to shapeshift/heal, and who can concentrate while choking to death.

Perhaps that is part of what differs the strong from the truly powerful.
Maybe a cubi on the verge of attaining tri-wing status could do something like that without thinking any of it.

Fa'Lina for example seems to be able to teleport without reciting any spells first.
It may have something to do with her tri-wing status, but it could also simply mean she's just *that* good!
After all, not all their badass abilities *have* to be connected with their extra pair of wings.
Some may simply be because they have trained in something for a thousand years.

It would be cool if it was that way, it would add another layer of refinement on an already complex and interesting race.

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Sebbie

This update is absolutely stunning.  I can't stop looking at it.  I mean, it was predictable that Mink would come help, but I never expected it to be so...beautiful.

Since this page inspired me to make my first post, I figure now's as good a time as any to wonder aloud about Mink and Abel's friendship.  I mean, given Mink's personality, he seems like the kind of person who'd be cheerful and upbeat and friendly with everyone, but it seems as if he's particularly drawn to Abel (especially given the strip where he's first introduced).  Why is that?  Does Abel feel the same way?

Arcblade

Quote from: Thirty Second Artbomb on July 10, 2010, 06:28:14 AM
Awesome Squiggly is Awesome.

Darned right.  

Edit: It occurs to me that a halo around Mink's head would not be out of place here.  Cliched, perhaps, but definitely not out of place. 

RandomMetaphysics

Quote from: Arcblade on July 10, 2010, 10:09:11 AM
Quote from: Thirty Second Artbomb on July 10, 2010, 06:28:14 AM
Awesome Squiggly is Awesome.

Darned right.  

Edit: It occurs to me that a halo around Mink's head would not be out of place here.  Cliched, perhaps, but definitely not out of place.  

I agree, a halo would be awesome :3

Also, it has occurred to me that apparently Jin isn't the only one capable of radiating healing energy from her wings. Could it possibly be a trademark ability of her clan?

Tapewolf

Quote from: RandomMetaphysics on July 10, 2010, 10:37:40 AM
Also, it has occurred to me that apparently Jin isn't the only one capable of radiating healing energy from her wings. Could it possibly be a trademark ability of her clan?

Either way, he's been studying healing for probably longer than Abel's been alive.

And yes, this was an adorable comic...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Psychedelic Mushroom

Gah.. When I saw this comic is stuck home base for me.. Amber I think this is the most moving piece of the comic for me. Just seeing Mink help Abel like that really even just helped my cluttered mind when I read "There is hope".  Amber, reading that really helped me today.

Shachza

I read the caption at the bottom.

I read the title of this thread.

Some may disagree, but I declare Keep Hope Alive to be Jin's clan song!
            <-- #1 that is!

D'ymkarra

This comic IS the awesome...I never expected Mink to appear, yet it seems so fitting that he did. I'm guessing Abel will be getting a crash course in compassion, once his jaw stops bleeding...

For those that care: There was an old wives' tale on FurC (passed along by the Rah), that Jin herself resided at Lost Lake; hence the lakes' extraordinary healing abilities....interesting indeed.
'It'd be such an honour, to be personally smacked upside the head by the artist herself' - Bjalf

OminousShadow

You know that since we haven't seen Mink in the present of DMFA when at SAIA, and the fact Abel is less social than he is in Abel's Story, I think that something happens to Mink most likely.
97% of teens would cry if they saw Robert Pattinson (Edward Cullen from Twilight) standing on top of a skyscraper, about to jump. If you're one of the 3% who would sit there eating popcorn screaming "DO A FLIP, YOU SPARKLY (I am not smart enough to use polite words)!" then copy and paste.

McKathlin

Quote from: Arcblade on July 10, 2010, 10:09:11 AM
Edit: It occurs to me that a halo around Mink's head would not be out of place here.  Cliched, perhaps, but definitely not out of place. 

Perhaps, but then, a halo could hardly add to this.  Mink already looks like an angel here. <3
"My wisdom is slightly higher than my stupidity." ~Lawenia

SoWhatIfImFurry

As adorable as this is, I can't help but have a very... very bad feeling about this.
We all know that this is to good to be true, every time something that's the least bit positive happens to Abel, something happens to take it away. Cindy, Devin, all of Abels friends, his mom... All of them were good, now all of them are dead.

Nuuuuu... Don't let anything happen to Mink! She's to cute to die! Or have anything relatively bad happen to her!

Torano

"As Able lay there, bleeding, he could suddenly feel an arm around him, a presence. Mink. In a brief moment of confusion, he looked back, feeling emotions from his friend that he'd never sensed before.  Meanwhile, his friend Mink hugged him, healing him, stunning his mind into silence. From afar, another watched, as Abel placed his arm on Mink's, in a quiet, powerful 'thank you'.

There...is hope."

---

(No, I don't know where that came from, but it seemed like it fit.)

aserath

That made me shed a tear. I love Mink. And Amber you are awesome.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

D'ymkarra

Quote from: OminousShadow on July 10, 2010, 12:57:57 PM
You know that since we haven't seen Mink in the present of DMFA when at SAIA, and the fact Abel is less social than he is in Abel's Story, I think that something happens to Mink most likely.

The part that makes this statement the most true, also makes it the most saddening...I loathe to think that anything has actually 'happened' to Mink; I would personally love to see him make a surprise appearance in canon DMFA  :)
'It'd be such an honour, to be personally smacked upside the head by the artist herself' - Bjalf

Jasonrevall

Mink appears to be an exceptional friend. Those three words are very powerful in this strip.
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

Merlin

D'aww Mink! Totally worth waiting for the update when it's that adorable :3

Rafe

Very moving image.  Mink looks more  angelic than any character I've seen in Amber's work, including any actual angels.

But on to the wild theorizing about potential Mink disaster scenarios -

1.) That isn't actually Mink.  It's Destania playing a cruel trick before leaving.

2.) That isn't actually Mink.  It's Aaryanna making a desperate attempt to grope Abel without him knowing it's her.

3.) That isn't actually Mink.  It's Aniz.  God knows what he's doing.

4.) It is Mink.  Abel lets his guard down and becomes attached to him.  Inspired, Mink runs for President on a message of Hope.  However, his incompetence becomes obvious after he destroys the economy, the health care system, and much of the offshore marine environment.  Abel never speaks to him again.  He does, however, win the Nobel Peace prize, spending the money on Fruit Rollups.

Rafe

Attic Rat

Extraordinary plot manipulation, Amber!
:boogie
You took Abel to the bottom of a pit of despair, farther down than anyone could imagine, and then in one bright flash of compassion,  you hand us angelically-glowing healing and hope. Speaking of hope, I can only hope you never use your powers for evil...
:erk
Which would you like to be, ignorant or misled?

entropicage

Damaris

Quote from: Rafe on July 10, 2010, 05:09:31 PM
4.) It is Mink.  Abel lets his guard down and becomes attached to him.  Inspired, Mink runs for President on a message of Hope.  However, his incompetence becomes obvious after he destroys the economy, the health care system, and much of the offshore marine environment.  Abel never speaks to him again.  He does, however, win the Nobel Peace prize, spending the money on Fruit Rollups.

Rafe, this isn't a political forum - whether or not this is your opinion on the current administration, this and a discussion about this does not belong here.  Don't bring stuff like this up again.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber