Borderlands: Lookin' for a few good recruits

Started by Darkmoon, July 02, 2010, 08:57:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkmoon

So, after playing last night with Mab and Basilisk, I've realized that what my gaming in the land of "Borderlands" has been missing is the social side of it.

And so, if anyone wants to jump on sometime and run around, I'm working on my Level 44 Siren (Underdome on first playthrough, Headlands on second). I'm down to needing to finish the second playthrough and finishing off the multi-player achievements.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Keleth

Help! I'm gay!

Mao

You guys and your late night gaming when I have to work in the morning. >:[

Darkmoon

XBox. Damaris148 on XBL.

Mao: I was on earlier as well, but no one else was, so I just rampaged around the Underdome for a while.

Keleth

I'll have to see about locating a decent copy of borderlands around here.

Last time I seen it, Gamestop and Futureshop still wanted 70 bucks for it.
Help! I'm gay!

Darkmoon

Mao

He's a Canadian, like me.  He'll be paying at *least* 49.99 for it.

Darkmoon

Mao

Oooh, they're undercutting future shop by a dollar.  Those fiends.

llearch n'n'daCorna

... I'd have to get an xbox to play it on. Hrm. Do I want to give MS more of my money?

... nah. Not that much.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Darkmoon

The XBox is a really good system. I know a lot of MS haters that still love the system.

superluser

Quote from: Darkmoon on July 02, 2010, 03:34:55 PMThe XBox is a really good system. I know a lot of MS haters that still love the system.

The controller's pretty nice if you have only one good hand, actually.  Other than that, I only bought one because I didn't want to import/region shift Shenmue II for Dreamcast, and I wasn't very impressed (nor particularly underwhelmed) with the system overall.

This is the original Xbox, by the way.  I won't buy an Xbox360 until there's a killer console game for it, and even then, probably not until the successor to the 360 comes out.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Darkmoon

Your loss.

And before this sounds like a Microsoft fanboy, I'm actually a Nintendo fan. The 360 just won me over.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Darkmoon on July 02, 2010, 03:34:55 PM
The XBox is a really good system. I know a lot of MS haters that still love the system.

It is, however, a bit overkill to purchase one to play, sporadically, a single game. ;-]

Keleth

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on July 02, 2010, 06:21:13 PM
Quote from: Darkmoon on July 02, 2010, 03:34:55 PM

It is, however, a bit overkill to purchase one to play, sporadically, a single game. ;-]

Yes, but that does apply to every console. It's not exclusive to just the 360.
Help! I'm gay!

Reese Tora

<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Lisky

feel free to prod me whenever you're around X3 i'd gladly go shoot up some more bad guys with ya

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

ooklah

I've got borderlands on steam. Not that that helps you out at all.
<wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka>
"Why no, officer, I am not made of pancakes."

Darkmoon

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Drathorin on July 02, 2010, 07:00:43 PM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on July 02, 2010, 06:21:13 PM
Yes, but that does apply to every console. It's not exclusive to just the 360.

True. I'm not about to buy a PS3 for the same reason.

I might move the wii around, so that I can use it without keeping the wife awake, but that'd be about the limits.

Inumo

I thought PC players could connect to Xbox Live...? Or was that just on certain games... Anyways, I play on PS3. Got it from my dad, and less chance for failures that can't be fixed permanently.

Darkmoon

Reese Tora

Quote from: Inumo on July 03, 2010, 10:41:15 PM
I thought PC players could connect to Xbox Live...? Or was that just on certain games... Anyways, I play on PS3. Got it from my dad, and less chance for failures that can't be fixed permanently.

Unfortunately, this game has three different corralled multi-player areas- XBox360, PS3, and PC via Gamespy (yeah, PC multi-player does not use steam, despite the fact it's distributed by steam among other sources)
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Darkmoon

I know Valve are cranky with Microsoft over that, and all future Valve games will be compatible between XBox and Steam, otherwise MS will lose all games on the Steam network.

ShadesFox

Meh. I have the PC version already. And it wasn't good enough to get twice.
The All Purpose Fox

llearch n'n'daCorna

I've gotta say, Mao and Ambaargh seemed to have entirely too much fun messing about in the cars.

... almost made me tempted enough to go find an xbox and a copy of the game, in fact.