06/22/10 [BT #218] - The Bard's Myth, Part 2

Started by Lego3400, June 22, 2010, 01:01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lego3400

Now I'm not sure if this was intentional or not but.... What would a Roman Goddess being doing in a tale that includes the Greek Mount Olympus?

Darkmoon

I could have gone with Aphrodite, sure. Strictly, speaking, though, the Roman gods were based/integrated with the Greek ones, so they would, admittedly, share a similar home (although also, as a counter point, they did spend more time hanging out around Rome).

The Roman versions of the myths never exclusively say that Mount Olympus was no longer their home, though.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Hrm. Are we gonna see Mithros in this, then?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Darkmoon

Darkmoon

Destina Faroda

I thought he meant these...

Then again, if that were the case, this would be the legend of Mount Vesuvius.

Sig coming...whenever...

Darkmoon

bradypodidae

Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

llearch n'n'daCorna

I don't think Mithras, but I did read somewhere about someone who was revered some years before Christ as having risen from the dead, been born of a virgin, and ascended into heaven, amongst other surprisingly familiar list of achievements.

It might have been, but I can't find the reference, now...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Corgatha Taldorthar

quite a few gnostic cults had myths where an emissary of the Godhead would sacrifice himself to save the imperfect world from the Demiurge; and they usually abound with all sorts of not actually created myths, so virgin birth might enter its way in through that door.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Darkmoon

llearch: Sounds like a version of Mithras, yeah.

Castle Pokemetroid

All this makes me question on what this has to do with Bunny. It's like the Bard just hijacked the story line.

I suppose this will all make sense sooner or later, since I'm not seeing the connection at this current point in the story line.

Darkmoon