dot dot dot

Started by James StarRunner, June 23, 2010, 09:42:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James StarRunner

WE HAVE OUR LAPTOP BACK!!!

It's been about 3 months fighting to get our computer fixed under its warrenty and sending it over the Rockies wasn't quick and easy. When we finally got it back we found out they hadn't done a thing and talked with bosses of people's bosses and sent the laptop away AGAIN, this time to their HQ. Weeks go by again and we deside to call... They finally found out what it was, but they had to wait 3 weeks for the new motherboard to arrive and another 3 weeks to send the fixed computer back to us. It came back smudged and filthy... but hey, it works now.

At least that's my wife's laptop. Mine is melted scrap since the warrenty expired not long before it turned into a puddle of goo. But my wife is still willing to share. :3

The StarRunners are back!!

techmaster-glitch

Darkmoon

In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

James StarRunner

Drayco84

Quote from: James StarRunner on June 23, 2010, 09:42:53 PM
At least that's my wife's laptop. Mine is melted scrap since the warrenty expired not long before it turned into a puddle of goo. But my wife is still willing to share. :3
My word, I'm pretty sure they're not supposed to do that...

What kind/brand of laptop was it?

llearch n'n'daCorna

We missed you both. Despite what Darkmoon says. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Mao

Yeah, seriously, check your sights.  I think we were off to the left a bit.

James StarRunner

Quote from: Drayco84 on June 24, 2010, 12:10:57 AM
My word, I'm pretty sure they're not supposed to do that...

What kind/brand of laptop was it?
Just a little bit of exaggeration. The computer really did crack and warp from the heat though. It was an HP... Now its abstract art.

Quote from: Mao Laoren on June 24, 2010, 04:12:47 PM
Yeah, seriously, check your sights.  I think we were off to the left a bit.
Oh! What was your ammo? Muffins? I like muffins. :3

...And when did you become a mod?

Suwako

Melted crap? That sounds like my laptops video card. But it also had an inboard one, who knew? I did after turning the video-card off after it made silly stripes over the screen.  :U

Note to self: Buy new laptop, video cards are going to get fried anyway. :U

James StarRunner

Quote from: Tytaj on June 24, 2010, 04:41:02 PM
Melted crap? That sounds like my laptops video card. But it also had an inboard one, who knew? I did after turning the video-card off after it made silly stripes over the screen.  :U

Note to self: Buy new laptop, video cards are going to get fried anyway. :U
Yeah... there definately has to be more effort spent into making better cooling systems rather than make other parts that run too hard for their own good. If only I had the money I'd buy a new laptop for myself. I can't use my wife's all the time. :B

Suwako

Quote from: James StarRunner on June 24, 2010, 05:14:53 PM
Yeah... there definately has to be more effort spent into making better cooling systems rather than make other parts that run too hard for their own good. If only I had the money I'd buy a new laptop for myself. I can't use my wife's all the time. :B

My laptop was probably build for the perfect cooling conditions, anything less and the thing got hot as hell and the fan became hyperactive?

Pillow instead of wood beneath it? heat
In standby mode while being carried in a bag? heat
playing a game in a room were there are more of it's cousins? .. dont touch the escape key.   :<

Tapewolf

The StarRunners are back!!

Glad to hear it!  Any idea when you'll be able to do Dan's voice again? :3

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

James StarRunner

I have just been warming up my voice while the computer catches up with updates and maintainance. :3

Tapewolf

Quote from: James StarRunner on June 24, 2010, 09:15:14 PM
I have just been warming up my voice while the computer catches up with updates and maintainance. :3

Cool.  Let me know how that goes, and again, welcome back.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E