05/23/2010 [DMFA #1122] - When all else fails, watch TV?

Started by Lisky, May 23, 2010, 12:19:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lisky

It's usually pretty humorous when something on TV appears to provide advice on your real life... though i highly recommend -not- doing what happens on said show...

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Lego3400

Clearly that soap opra is full of subliminal messages that traps anyone who sees or hears it and keeps them watching until something else distracts them

Madd the Sane

The reason why everyone is engrossed in the TV is because it's a form of escapism. They're having their fair bit of problems. So yeah.
Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

SquirrelWizard

hmmm... now if only a cubi could suck souls from people watching soaps through the tv....

I mean its not like anybody would notice more soul sucking than usual...
Update Status: Zombified

<Tezkat> Talking to yourself is a sign of impending mental collapse.
<SquirrelWizard> I talk to myself all the time, and I'm the sanest guy I know.

<TotalBiscuit> Upgrades! Upgrades! Upgrades! Its wacky-waving-inflatable-arm waving... nuclear missile... well, suppose that works...

BetaToxin5

Someone should just turn off the darned TV and see what happens :P

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

Soap Operas: The one thing that is guaranteed to hypnotize just about anyone......  :P

So if I just use soap operas, I could mind control the world!! :mwaha

PERFECT!!!!  >:3

Drayco84

Abel, check.
Fi, maybe.
Dan, check.
Lorenda, check.

THIS UNSPEAKABLE EVIL THAT IS CALLED A 'SOAP OPERA' MUST BE STOPPED AT ALL COSTS!!! HOW MANY MORE WILL FALL VICTIM ON IT'S PATH OF UNSTOPPABLE DISTRACTIONING?!

AmigaDragon

I imagine Alexsi coming along and saying "oh puh-lease" and switching it off.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

A. Lurker

NOOOO! Lorenda, run! Don't look back!

...well, gosh dang it to heck. Too late. :help

Arapaima

They probably have the hypnotoad somewhere in the background of the set.

All glory to the hypnotoad.
Someone will remember you, sometime.
Just try and sleep with the music on, all the time.
Well I'm sorry kid, tonight you sleep outside.

Bjalf

Quote from: Mrs_A_ZeTavia on May 23, 2010, 01:43:00 AM
So if I just use soap operas, I could mind control the world!! :mwaha

I think that is what is happening already. You're just too late.

Vicorus

Quote from: Drayco84 on May 23, 2010, 02:16:57 AM
Abel, check.
Fi, maybe.
Dan, check.
Lorenda, check.

THIS UNSPEAKABLE EVIL THAT IS CALLED A 'SOAP OPERA' MUST BE STOPPED AT ALL COSTS!!! HOW MANY MORE WILL FALL VICTIM ON IT'S PATH OF UNSTOPPABLE DISTRACTIONING?!

I think Fi was more engrossed in the popcorn than in the soap opera. And also the walls.

Sind

Quote from: AmigaDragon on May 23, 2010, 03:07:51 AM
I imagine Alexsi coming along and saying "oh puh-lease" and switching it off.

That sounds just about correct :3

Prof B Hunnydew

I don't watch Soap-Operas...and I hate when they make ones for prime time... I know many who have lived their lives, knowing every detail of every generation and character on these things.  Like they are their next door neighbors.  And Now, You can follow your favor "Soap" on the Soap channel, which re-runs all of them for that day or the whole week on the weekends..

Aurghhhhhhhhhhhh
PBH

joshofspam

Quote from: Lego3400 on May 23, 2010, 12:22:42 AM
Clearly that soap opra is full of subliminal messages that traps anyone who sees or hears it and keeps them watching until something else distracts them

You know there was a book that I read half way through that had subliminal messages used by a business man and his scientist associate and they used chemical's and hidden messages to enslave almost an entire town.

I'm more surprised she's just sitting there on the arm.

Wouldn't be more comfortable sitting in that comfy seat? :P
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

D'ymkarra

Quote from: SquirrelWizard on May 23, 2010, 01:01:24 AM
hmmm... now if only a cubi could suck souls from people watching soaps through the tv....

I mean its not like anybody would notice more soul sucking than usual...

Perhaps this is the very reason so many of Kish'Ta's clan work in the movie/ entertainment industry  :boogie
'It'd be such an honour, to be personally smacked upside the head by the artist herself' - Bjalf

MT Hazard

Maybe the soap is one of those 'so terrible it's quite compelling' types.

Also, does anyone else think Lore's leg looks a little odd in that last frame?
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Prof B Hunnydew

Quote from: MT Hazard on May 23, 2010, 05:12:44 PM

What What is it with youse guys?  Last time her belly wasn't sticking out enough?.. Now, her butt is sticking out enough and you think her legs deformed.  It is a line for the pocket in her pants and her cute butt on the arm of the comfy chair.

:mowdizzy
PBH

MT Hazard

Quote from: Prof B Hunnydew on May 23, 2010, 07:03:35 PM

What What is it with youse guys?  Last time her belly wasn't sticking out enough?.. Now, her butt is sticking out enough and you think her legs deformed.  It is a line for the pocket in her pants and her cute butt on the arm of the comfy chair.

:mowdizzy
PBH

Chill Dude. I ask questions such as these because I know my view of/on the world is not always exactly as other may perceive it or it is, thus confirmation becomes a necessity to determine if I have strayed from baseline reality perception.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Prof B Hunnydew

Sorry I was over reacting.. Amber has done a great job improving and refinding Lorenda's shape over the years.  Yet, I seem to hear only negative commends about her, every time Lorenda shows up.

I think Lorenda in the last panel is one of the best Amber has done of a hefty character in the whole comic.  Becky from the corset store is another one, but also she had a little muscle on her.

PBH

Attic Rat

I think somebody somewhere must have done a study of everything that could ever happen that would draw the attention of people (Baby suddenly screams!) away from whatever they were (man clutches his chest and falls to the floor!) doing just then, and (explosion and flames!) cause them to turn and look.

And they call it a "soap opera".
Which would you like to be, ignorant or misled?

Drayco84

Now that you mention it, it does look like it's positioned kinda awkwardly and weird... In all honesty, it looks like the left side of her body should be towards the "camera" a bit more. (I have fat thighs, okay?)

Quote from: Prof B Hunnydew on May 23, 2010, 09:05:51 PM
Sorry I was over reacting.. Amber has done a great job improving and refinding Lorenda's shape over the years.  Yet, I seem to hear only negative commends about her, every time Lorenda shows up.
Not everyone can be slim and super-sexy... And I'll admit it here, for now and foever... I like a girl with a paunch. (I also really like cowgirls... Almost as much as catgirls, even.)

I think Lorenda in the last panel is one of the best Amber has done of a hefty character in the whole comic.  Becky from the corset store is another one, but also she had a little muscle on her.
A little muscle? No, I don't think that qualifies as "little". Of course, it'd be easier to tell without the sleeve in the way...

Prof B Hunnydew

Quote from: Drayco84 on May 24, 2010, 12:37:49 AM

Sorry I was over reacting.. Amber has done a great job improving and refinding Lorenda's shape over the years.  Yet, I seem to hear only negative commends about her, every time Lorenda shows up.
Not everyone can be slim and super-sexy... And I'll admit it here, for now and foever... I like a girl with a paunch. (I also really like cowgirls... Almost as much as catgirls, even.)
So, You like Roo does, Cows, and little kitties?   I am not sure If I should be embarrassed or flattered

I think Lorenda in the last panel is one of the best Amber has done of a hefty character in the whole comic.  Becky from the corset store is another one, but also she had a little muscle on her.
A little muscle? No, I don't think that qualifies as "little". Of course, it'd be easier to tell without the sleeve in the way...
[/quote]

LOL  I have know a few hefty muscle-girls, they have the normal 20-30% body fat,that women should but they lose the most of the fat before completing on weight-lifting championship.  So yes Beccy is a little on the muscle side. :giggle

PBH

Caswin

Great job on the soap opera dialogue.  I've heard it said that one near-constant in soaps is that you can count on mosy of the cast to be horrible, beautiful people, and... well, this part sounds dead accurate.  And addictive. (A steady torrent of plot hooks and retcons to make sure the drama never ends?  I'm afraid to go near that.)

Does the show have a name?
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Prof B Hunnydew

Quote from: Caswin on May 24, 2010, 06:51:04 PM
Great job on the soap opera dialogue.  I've heard it said that one near-constant in soaps is that you can count on mosy of the cast to be horrible, beautiful people, and... well, this part sounds dead accurate.  And addictive. (A steady torrent of plot hooks and retcons to make sure the drama never ends?  I'm afraid to go near that.)

Does the show have a name?

But Also Like a good soap-opera, the plot reflects what could be or is happen in "real life " Lost Lake Inn.

PBH