05/16/2010 [DMFA#1119] - Abel just can't get a break

Started by RandomMetaphysics, May 16, 2010, 02:25:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RandomMetaphysics

Heh heh. Abel needs to find a hiding spot.

Also, that trick only works on ghosts. Lorenda is not a ghost. And even if she was, Abel's still exposed.

Howl

Captain

@today's rant

Welcome to how I sleep

Also, is it ever a good time to ask Abel for a favor?
If you want to visit me:
Download this: http://shoddybattle.com/downloads
then go to Captain's Modded Server and look for captaiN

Congo Jack

Quote from: Captain on May 16, 2010, 03:23:22 AM
@today's rant

Welcome to how I sleep

Only when he carries a blunt object any the favour is hitting you with it.  :mowdizzy

Shachza

@today's rant

Welcome to how I sleep

That's how I prefer to sleep!  I don't sleep enough, and I go to bed based on when I have to be at work.  Since I work part-time, and fill in as needed, my day-to-day start time for work varies between 7am and 1pm.  I keep my body guessing so that when I sleep I zonk right out.

Or I could just be giving myself narcolepsy.
            <-- #1 that is!

Unsilenced

I've had days like this.

And by days I mean a life =p
Post of the Dead:
"When there is no more room in hell, this thread will walk the earth"

liari

If you can't see them, they can't see you!  It's true.  No, really.  In any event, though, can anyone really blame him for hiding?  It's been a bad day for Abel. 

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Shachza on May 16, 2010, 03:48:25 AM
Or I could just be giving myself narcolepsy.

Nah, that's a totally dif....zzzzzzzzzzzzz
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Bjalf

Quote from: Howl on May 16, 2010, 02:54:20 AM
Another girly face on Abel.
Nonono, gay face. It's the clothes, you know.   :P

Quote from: Liari on May 16, 2010, 03:59:44 AM
It's been a bad day for Abel. 
He hasn't had a good day since he hit Dan upside the head with a bat. That was probably the highlight of the century, though.

Grey Wolf

Quote from: Congo Jack on May 16, 2010, 03:47:55 AM

Only when he carries a blunt object any the favour is hitting you with it.  :mowdizzy

I dunno. Maybe if you met him at the mall and said, "Argh! Does this shade of blue go better with green or silver? Somebody help me!"
He'd probably tell you. Snarkily.
Warning: This forum goer is prone to bouts of logic, and has a dry sense of humor.

Jasonrevall

And now Abel is going to be roped into all the confusion. This promises to be a dinner to remember
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

D'ymkarra

If you can't see them, they can't see you!  It's true.  No, really.  In any event, though, can anyone really blame him for hiding?  It's been a bad day for Abel.  

Abel is really the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal?

'It'd be such an honour, to be personally smacked upside the head by the artist herself' - Bjalf

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: Grey Wolf on May 16, 2010, 09:26:42 AM
Quote from: Congo Jack on May 16, 2010, 03:47:55 AM
Quote from: Captain on May 16, 2010, 03:23:22 AMAlso, is it ever a good time to ask Abel for a favor?
I dunno. Maybe if you met him at the mall and said, "Argh! Does this shade of blue go better with green or silver? Somebody help me!"
He'd probably tell you. Snarkily.

If anything, I'd think it's one of  the few things that abel *would* enjoy helping you out with. :)

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

joshofspam

Quote from: Bjalf on May 16, 2010, 04:55:25 AM
Quote from: Howl on May 16, 2010, 02:54:20 AM
Another girly face on Abel.
Nonono, gay face. It's the clothes, you know.   :P

It's been a bad day for Abel. 
He hasn't had a good day since he hit Dan upside the head with a bat. That was probably the highlight of the century, though.

Other Highlights of Abel's this Century:

Confusing Lorenda.
Having a laugh at Jy-Jy's expense while cooking.

That is a short list.

Just how many favor's could she ask for in this situation?

She needs Abel to get something?
She wants Abel to pose as Dan for the dinner?
She wants Abel to come along to make sure no one kills Dan?
She wants advice on a subject involving this awkward situation?
Wants Abel's cookie recipe which he got from his mom?

I'm sure people could think of many other possible reasons. But it is more amusing how if you think about it Abel should have known he would have been talked to Lorenda too. But then again did he know that Lorenda was a Soulstealer?
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Lucheek

When its cold outside...there will be no shame....always, I wanna be with you and make beleive with you and live in harmony harmony, oh love!

-goes back to staring at panel one-

Shachza

Quote from: D'ymkarra on May 16, 2010, 10:33:09 AM
If you can't see them, they can't see you!  It's true.  No, really.  In any event, though, can anyone really blame him for hiding?  It's been a bad day for Abel.  

No, Lorenda is.  That's why Abel is hiding under the sheet.  She'll go away if he can't see her.
            <-- #1 that is!

Icalasari

Quote from: RandomMetaphysics on May 16, 2010, 02:25:35 AM
Heh heh. Abel needs to find a hiding spot.

Also, that trick only works on ghosts. Lorenda is not a ghost. And even if she was, Abel's still exposed.

It also works on monsters that want to eat you, and demons count as monsters :P

Mind you, cubi would also technically count as that, so does that mean Abel is invisible to himself or?

*Is running on little sleep, so level of crazy are 57% higher than normal*
Quote from: MT Hazard on January 08, 2011, 10:54:19 AM
Warning! This cubi has encountered an unknown error and needs to restart
Do you wish to start in safe mode ? Y/N
Loading last known good configuration.....
Loading WinMows....

Bjalf

Quote from: joshofspam on May 16, 2010, 12:09:53 PM
Other Highlights of Abel's this Century:

Confusing Lorenda.
Having a laugh at Jy-Jy's expense while cooking.

That is a short list.
There's also the "ball pit". But yes, short list indeed.

I see 3 possibilities:
1. She needs help with telling Dan about her boyfriend lie. I don't think so. Not a difficult task, and little comedic potential.
2. She intends to continue the lie without telling Dan. Quite difficult, a helping hand (or other limb) from a cubi would be very useful. My guess. Much comedic potential.
3. She is trying to set up a date with Jyrras. Some comedic potential, but I think she's too preoccupied with the upcoming dinner.

And no, I don't think Abel knows that Lorenda is a Soulstealer. They haven't been properly introduced, Lorenda doesn't look much like her mother, and she doesn't even have demon wings. Well, not visible ones, anyway.

OminousShadow

Abel is the most tortured soul in the comic. He needs some kinda break or he will snap.
97% of teens would cry if they saw Robert Pattinson (Edward Cullen from Twilight) standing on top of a skyscraper, about to jump. If you're one of the 3% who would sit there eating popcorn screaming "DO A FLIP, YOU SPARKLY (I am not smart enough to use polite words)!" then copy and paste.

Grey Wolf

Quote from: OminousShadow on May 16, 2010, 01:32:10 PM
Abel is the most tortured soul in the comic. He needs some kinda break or he will snap.

Nah. He got a 350 year break at the academy. This is just the retribution the universe distributes to those who have avoided its law of chaos for so long.

Wait... didn't he have to tell Fa'lina about something?
Warning: This forum goer is prone to bouts of logic, and has a dry sense of humor.

Madd the Sane

Oh yeah...
His crazy dream. Poor confused Abel. Poor scared Abel.
Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

liari

Quote from: Bjalf on May 16, 2010, 01:29:59 PM

I see 3 possibilities:
1. She needs help with telling Dan about her boyfriend lie. I don't think so. Not a difficult task, and little comedic potential.
2. She intends to continue the lie without telling Dan. Quite difficult, a helping hand (or other limb) from a cubi would be very useful. My guess. Much comedic potential.
3. She is trying to set up a date with Jyrras. Some comedic potential, but I think she's too preoccupied with the upcoming dinner.

And no, I don't think Abel knows that Lorenda is a Soulstealer. They haven't been properly introduced, Lorenda doesn't look much like her mother, and she doesn't even have demon wings. Well, not visible ones, anyway.

I like the second possibility!  Especially if it involves her asking Abel to BE Dan for a night.  Much hilarity should ensue, if he even agrees to it in the first place...which I doubt.  But wouldn't it be FUN?!

Quote from: Shachza on May 16, 2010, 12:46:30 PM
Quote from: D'ymkarra on May 16, 2010, 10:33:09 AM
If you can't see them, they can't see you!  It's true.  No, really.  In any event, though, can anyone really blame him for hiding?  It's been a bad day for Abel. 

No, Lorenda is.  That's why Abel is hiding under the sheet.  She'll go away if he can't see her.

...oddly appropriate, actually, considering Lorenda's diet...

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Bjalf on May 16, 2010, 01:29:59 PMAnd no, I don't think Abel knows that Lorenda is a Soulstealer. They haven't been properly introduced, Lorenda doesn't look much like her mother, and she doesn't even have demon wings. Well, not visible ones, anyway.

Give it a little time, it'll come out sometime soon (comic-time). I think he's only been there a week or two at most.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Rambon

Quote from: AmigaDragon on May 16, 2010, 05:27:50 PM
Quote from: Bjalf on May 16, 2010, 01:29:59 PMAnd no, I don't think Abel knows that Lorenda is a Soulstealer. They haven't been properly introduced, Lorenda doesn't look much like her mother, and she doesn't even have demon wings. Well, not visible ones, anyway.

Give it a little time, it'll come out sometime soon (comic-time). I think he's only been there a week or two at most.

I wonder what he would do when he finds out that not only is she a Soulstealer... but the daughter of the very Soulstealer that taught him his first matchstick spell?

Captain

If you want to visit me:
Download this: http://shoddybattle.com/downloads
then go to Captain's Modded Server and look for captaiN

joshofspam

Quote from: Captain on May 17, 2010, 02:04:13 AM
You guys are forgetting a great Abel moment of the century: http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_552.php

Theres also when Abel served cake to Alexis.

Yes cute as a button on a snake. Yes indeed! (incert Vincent Price laugh) :mwaha

Though I'm not sure there's any more than that. :<
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Nino

Amber Williams

Quote from: Kattuccino on May 17, 2010, 03:14:12 AM
Abel nooo! Her vision is based on movement!

Oh my god Kattuccino! Stop making adorable avatars! :<
*envy*

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: Amber Williams on May 17, 2010, 04:24:24 AM
Quote from: Kattuccino on May 17, 2010, 03:14:12 AMAbel nooo! Her vision is based on movement!

Oh my god Kattuccino! Stop making adorable avatars! :<
*envy*

Yeah, it's totally unfair to all of us!  :3

And where the heck is that "vision based on movement" reference from ?
I feel like I should know this one.

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on May 17, 2010, 10:33:05 AM
And where the heck is that "vision based on movement" reference from ?
I feel like I should know this one.

Probably not Dangermouse, though it did something similar.  I think that one was "Robots can only detect movement."

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E