05/03/10 [CVRPG III #1236] - Darkmoon suddenly has a backbone?

Started by Castle Pokemetroid, May 03, 2010, 04:37:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Castle Pokemetroid

I just relised, Darkmoon willing attacked something, not of a quest or of self defense, but attacked in order to be a hero and save the town from a "threat".

Is it just me, or has Darkmoon's character changed ever since he "got it on" with Katrina?

Sure, it wasn't a real threat, but Darkmoon didn't know that. Stupid or not, Darkmoon wasn't cowardly, but in a certain way, heroic.

Or maybe it's just that I'm listening to Gurren Lagann victory/inspirational music at the time of reading it.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Darkmoon

It's still perfectly in character. Darkmoon does not lack power, nor the ability to fight. Simply, he chooses to fight only when the battle seems horribly one-sided, slanted in his direction. Were he to have fought one of the zombies, realized he was out matched one-on-one, and seen the size of the army, he would have fled. As it was, he was powerful enough to take out the zombies himself, and found the whole thing to be good sport.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

bradypodidae

I would have accepted it as canon that Darkmoon gets heroic at the wrong time or for the wrong reason.
The explanation of "hey, easy fight!" works just as well.

Reminds me of a certain Fail Cast of Disgaea where a crazily overpowered Laharl reaps havoc... <.<
Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Mao

I feel dirty at even the concept of calling Darkmoon Heroic.

So.. so dirty.

As for my antics with Laharl?  Wait until you see the stunts I'm going to pull with Mao in Disgaea 3.

Darkmoon

Darkmoon is allowed to have his moments (such as near the end of CVRPG II)... they just can't come too often.

Mao

I think it's also the problem that you share his name.  :P

bradypodidae

Wait... what? I thought one was the embodiment of the other!  >:3
Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Darkmoon

I swear he wasn't originally intended to be that way...

Castle Pokemetroid

Quote from: Darkmoon Firelyte on May 03, 2010, 02:30:55 PM
I swear he wasn't originally intended to be that way...

I guess humor comes when your main character is overpowered, but yet is frightened at the fighting powers of a tiny pink bunny.

Darkmoon

He's about as powerful as Katrina, just in different ways. Alec is more powerful.

Keleth

. . . Wait seriously?

I never really took Alec seriously enough to think he was more powerful..

Is that his power?
Help! I'm gay!

Darkmoon

He's a stronger fighter, and while his magic is more limited than Katrina's (using only Holy and Air), it's slightly more powerful. That said, if Katrina focuses her power, or has an attack of Wild Magic, she can do more powerful magic than Alec (just at a cost).

Yes, I have really though all of this out.

Castle Pokemetroid

You know, I think that Alec has the most phsical attack power, Katrina has the most magical attack power, and I thought of Darkmoon to have high stats in everything, sorta like the job classes in Disgaea, where warriors have power, mages have magic, and Majins are good in everything.

Vampires usually are much stronger than humans by a fair bit. They also wield dark magics, but a vampire who has gained a soul through a magical source, I have no idea what they'd have then.

I wonder, if the soul had it's own inherit powers, and it could stack with a vampire's power and a human's natural power, how strong would the resulting being be?

Katrina and Alec are both humans, but they also weild massive amounts of power, seeing what they fight. That is, when you compare them to a regular human, that is.

But for Alec to be stronger than an udead vampire who's not really dead, now that's quite impressive.