11/05/2010 [AS2 #101] Abel Smackdown

Started by MT Hazard, May 11, 2010, 06:25:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MT Hazard

Perhaps like Arry, she's just trying to beat some sense (and self esteem) into him, perhaps she's just evil. makes you wonder how may times Dan was disciplined as a child.

Perhaps she's just mad that her lover left her and had a child with someone else.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Tangent

Ouch. No wonder Abel doesn't particularly like Dan's mother and considers her evil. ^^;;
Robert A. Howard, Tangents Reviews
http://www.tangents.us

Cvstos

Forgive the Bleach references again, but now I think you can forget what I said on the last comic about wanting someone to use Rikujōkōrō on Destania, now I want to see Kurohitsugi. Or Both. Followed by a Cero for good measure.

Seriously, someone step in and kick her butt. She's asking for it.
"The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them." - Albert Einstein

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." -Albert Einstein

Tangent

Don't forget, she gets better. I suspect having a baby may be a mellowing experience. Well, that and true love. =^-^=

(I suspect Destania was correct on the whole "love" aspect and that the reason it didn't work on Aary was that she wasn't in love with mopey-boy, just the experience.)
Robert A. Howard, Tangents Reviews
http://www.tangents.us

Tapewolf

Quote from: Tangent on May 11, 2010, 06:43:22 AM
Don't forget, she gets better. I suspect having a baby may be a mellowing experience. Well, that and true love. =^-^=

I really hope that she actually has grown out of it - it's wholly possible that someone like this could do it as a front.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Wanderer

Why yes, Destania, you do look like someone who cares. If you didn't care about him at all you wouldn't be getting so emotional about him, and so upset that you're not allowed to kill him.

Ketchup-Crumbles

Somehow, the more I see Destania like this, the more it makes me believe that her "change" is/was just an act. It seems almost impossible to me to be evil, violent and uncaring for 7000 years and than change within 2 months (till marriage). If that's the case, though, she is a really good actress. Neither Dan nor Alexi seem to know that side of her at all. I really wonder what happened?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ketchup-Crumbles on May 11, 2010, 07:17:58 AM
Somehow, the more I see Destania like this, the more it makes me believe that her "change" is/was just an act. It seems almost impossible to me to be evil, violent and uncaring for 7000 years and than change within 2 months (till marriage).

I dunno, until they split up, her thing with Aniz seems to have been genuine.  Granted, he could be evil, violent and uncaring himself...

jeffh4

Interesting.

First Aniz tries to goad Abel into combat, now his lover is trying to do the same thing.  Makes me wonder if the two are still trying to achieve the same thing with him.  Maybe to turn Abel into a killing machine for their own purposes?

Also, this clarifies what Fa'Lina's position is on corporal punishment.  She is always observing what happens everywhere in her pocket dimension.  She will always intervene if she thinks someone's life is in danger.  Beyond that, there may be no consequences for cubi beating the tar out of each other.  This means that Destania has no fear of being "Henna-ed" into little surprised pieces.

Mao

Heh, no wonder Biggs is so fond of having her around.  What was that he said about being beaten and dominated by strong women?

VAE

Nice to see.
This i long suspected was the only way to beat some sense into Abel - show him that aniz is not powerful or particularly able to make people suffer, and therefore he has not reason to be irrationally afraid of him or consider him unbeatable.
If this does not make him "click" in the head  i don't know what will, although recent regular DMFA showed that it might have been the case.
As classic said - you WILL act in your best interest, even if it had to kill you :D
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

RandomMetaphysics

Quote from: Mao Laoren on May 11, 2010, 08:37:55 AM
Heh, no wonder Biggs is so fond of having her around.  What was that he said about being beaten and dominated by strong women?
I don't think that's what he meant by being at their mercy.
That... that's just wrong.

On another note, call me crazy, but I think Destania DOES care... and that's why she's acting out. Someone is making her feel emotions she'd rather not feel.
Why I think this, you may ask? Abel is Aniz's kid and well, Aniz broke Destania's heart. I think, in a way, Destania sees Abel as something that could have been, but never happened.

joshofspam

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 11, 2010, 07:49:59 AM
Quote from: Ketchup-Crumbles on May 11, 2010, 07:17:58 AM
Somehow, the more I see Destania like this, the more it makes me believe that her "change" is/was just an act. It seems almost impossible to me to be evil, violent and uncaring for 7000 years and than change within 2 months (till marriage).

I dunno, until they split up, her thing with Aniz seems to have been genuine.  Granted, he could be evil, violent and uncaring himself...

It would have to have been something quite life altering if she did change. Maybe it involved that small hint Abel gave Dan about wanting to kill wanting to kill his own father and being unable to.

I wonder if Aniz's death would really bring her a small joy until she truly realizes he's dead and she's all alone?
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Anker Steadfast

Unfortunately, sense cannot be beaten into a person.
Nice try though.

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Jasonrevall

Quote from: danman on May 11, 2010, 08:49:45 AM
Nice to see.
This i long suspected was the only way to beat some sense into Abel - show him that aniz is not powerful or particularly able to make people suffer, and therefore he has not reason to be irrationally afraid of him or consider him unbeatable.
If this does not make him "click" in the head  i don't know what will, although recent regular DMFA showed that it might have been the case.
As classic said - you WILL act in your best interest, even if it had to kill you :D

If you are implying that Abel should take on Aniz, then here is what I think. Aniz knows Abel's weakness and Abel only knows what people knew of Aniz when he was in SAIA and that Aniz can hold a disguise for a long time. Aniz knows that Abel has a big weakness to blood. In a combat situation, that means a lot. Even if Abel trained for years, he would be like a tank attacking a trooper who happens to be carrying a Javelin Anti-Armour Missile. He isn't the best qualified person for the job.

If you are implying that he help someone capture Aniz, here is what I think on that as well. I'm pretty sure he doesn't know where Aniz is and knows less than the people who knew him years ago. He would only be good as bait. And if fishing has taught me anything, it doesn't always go so well for the bait.

Also if he was completely incompetent, they would have caught him by now and exterminated or imprisoned him. It's not safe to assume he stayed the same while you have been getting stronger. Tactically, you need intel to be effective (even if it isn't that fantastic), and they don't have any it would seem.

It seems illogical to me for Abel to take on his father. However I am aware there is a cultural belief in some areas that it should be the son to take him on. It would be poetic, but unnecessary.

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on May 11, 2010, 09:30:33 AM
Nice try though.

Agreed.
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

Scrap Fish

Quote from: Jasonrevall on May 11, 2010, 09:41:17 AM
he would be like a tank attacking a trooper who happens to be carrying a Javelin Anti-Armour Missile.
BEST ANALOGY EVAAAAAH.

Nice try though.
Agreed.
Actually, that is still undergoing testing. Maybe we'll see Dee make a breakthrough...
...Or just a break.

Hey, we know they both survive at least! Probably an intervention coming up.

Just spreading the confusion around. There's enough for everybody!

Sind

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: Scrap Fish on May 11, 2010, 09:53:37 AM
Quote from: Anker Steadfast on May 11, 2010, 09:30:33 AMUnfortunately, sense cannot be beaten into a person.
Nice try though.
Agreed.
Actually, that is still undergoing testing. Maybe we'll see Dee make a breakthrough...
...Or just a break.

Last I checked, broken bones didn't count as common sense.  :U

Quote from: Scrap Fish on May 11, 2010, 09:53:37 AMHey, we know they both survive at least! Probably an intervention coming up.

Oh, I wonder if Fa'Lina can be an intervention too ?
That would be pretty cool - I have long hoped to see Fa'Lina "flex her magical muscles" a bit, and this would be a nice opportunity for that.
I'm really curious as to just how strong she is.

Michael Chandra

Quote from: Wanderer on May 11, 2010, 07:02:34 AM
Why yes, Destania, you do look like someone who cares. If you didn't care about him at all you wouldn't be getting so emotional about him, and so upset that you're not allowed to kill him.
You must be a ninja, because that's totally what I wanted to post. :mowninja

Caraig

Hmm.  It's been my experience that people claiming 'tough love' and doing physical and/or emotional harm on others are pretty much just bullies on some level.  Meeting Edward and giving birth to Daniel might have mellowed her, but she's still aiming for genocide of the dragons.  Then again, as has been pointed out... she's a succubus.  She's not going to have the same emotional spectrum as a mortal being.

So... yeah, despite the outfit?  NotAFan.

Ketchup-Crumbles

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on May 11, 2010, 09:59:50 AM
Oh, I wonder if Fa'Lina can be an intervention too ?
That would be pretty cool - I have long hoped to see Fa'Lina "flex her magical muscles" a bit, and this would be a nice opportunity for that.
I'm really curious as to just how strong she is.

Yup, me too. Especially since I'd say, that the head of the "Pain and Terror Department" should be quite skilled and probably fast when it comes to violence. And as Destania states herself, she still can't be faster than Fa'Lina. Makes me wonder if that actually refers to speed or if it's more connected to Fa'Linas omnipresence? And makes me also wonder why Fa'Lina is not there yet. I'd say she'll either appear in the next update or she has her own mysterious reasons for not interfering.

VAE

Quote from: Caraig on May 11, 2010, 10:10:55 AM
Hmm.  It's been my experience that people claiming 'tough love' and doing physical and/or emotional harm on others are pretty much just bullies on some level.  Meeting Edward and giving birth to Daniel might have mellowed her, but she's still aiming for genocide of the dragons.  Then again, as has been pointed out... she's a succubus.  She's not going to have the same emotional spectrum as a mortal being.

So... yeah, despite the outfit?  NotAFan.
Right , because all dragons are really into  peaceful coexistence.
The war didn't claim most of the cubi population at all, and reducing the clan Dee belongs to to 2 members is pure fantasy.
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Anker Steadfast

Well .. actually, it really is just a fantasy ... Amber's fantasy, to be precise.

VAE

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on May 11, 2010, 11:03:02 AM
Well .. actually, it really is just a fantasy ... Amber's fantasy, to be precise.
Hmm, i just got epically pwn3d....
well played mister
Saphroneth

Drayco84

Show of hands, who wants a Destania's Story next?

*Raises hand.*

Sunblink

Destania, nooo! You broke your nice riding crop.

I really wonder what Destania's trying to accomplish. I doubt she's doing this for her S's and G's, but I could be giving her too much credit. Maybe her goal isn't to maul Abel to release frustration/contempt, but to provoke him. I don't know, it's the only thing I can think of. D:

I wonder what'll happen when she finally draws blood. I also wonder why Fa'Lina hasn't intervened yet - I thought she could immediately tell when any of her students were endangered, but so far Destania manipulating Abel through his dreams has flown under her radar or has gone deliberately unpunished due to some omniscient recognition of the "bigger picture." Hey, it's happened before.

Blah all I'm doing so far is raising questions without giving my own opinions. Hm.

Quote from: Drayco84 on May 11, 2010, 11:15:10 AM

*Raises hand.*

*RAISES HAND* :U

Shachza

*Raises hand.*

Yes!     :P

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on May 11, 2010, 11:19:38 AM
...  I really wonder what Destania's trying to accomplish.  ...  I also wonder why Fa'Lina hasn't intervened yet - I thought she could immediately tell when any of her students were endangered, but so far Destania manipulating Abel through his dreams has flown under her radar or has gone deliberately unpunished due to some omniscient recognition of the "bigger picture."  ...

Destania must have some plan in the works more complicated than just slapping Abel around.  Since Fa'lina hasn't interfered yet, and this is in Saia, she must agree with whatever Destania is actually up to.  I cannot believe that Fa'lina would support an angry beating of a student just for its own sake.

/waits for the revelation
            <-- #1 that is!

Tapewolf

I dunno, 7000 years of misery, murder and soul-devouring sounds a bit much to me...

VAE

*Raises hand.*

*Raises two human hands and four mechanical arms so far hiding behind the back*
MEEEE!
Saphroneth

Prof B Hunnydew

Nice try though.

Well, Sometimes It happens, but never as the one doing the beating expects.  I have a feeling that this will be the deciding moment for Abel... He has just coasted until now.  

Dee has just shown him that Aniz is not the only one, whose willing take his life.  And there will be others, and they may be even in SAIA.

Dee's re-action is the ex-lover. revenging woman response.  "He loved me, but not enough to have children with.  We could have married, we could have re-populated both our clans."   But Because Destania's clan still has a tri-wing leader and the more powerful of the two, any children of Aniz and Dee would be Dee's clan.

PBH