11/05/2010 [AS2 #101] Abel Smackdown

Started by MT Hazard, May 11, 2010, 06:25:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Howl

I bet she beat Dan like a wet rag.

Here's to hopin' her plan to off the dragons blows up in her face and gets her horribly killed!

lilpuppy23

QuoteUgh...7 hours straight colouring. ALL FOR YOOOOOU~.

I'm going to go die now. I had a rant but now I'm just tired. Sleeeep...

- Ambaaargh

My gawd, Amber, hope you're all right. Good thing you have the entire week to sleep it off now!

Quote from: Howl on May 11, 2010, 10:02:50 PM

Here's to hopin' her plan to off the dragons blows up in her face and gets her horribly killed!

Easy on the Drama there. Same for the rest, all this "I hope _____*insert name* gets _____*insert bad fate*" nonsense, first it was Arryana and now this. It's a story, don't read so much into it.

--------------------------

*ahem*
In terms of Destania's Bi-polar behavior, all i can say is; "Every Rose has it's Thorns"

Simple as that. :)

Arcblade

Quote from: lilpuppy23 on May 11, 2010, 11:01:44 PM
*ahem*
In terms of Destania's Bi-polar behavior, all i can say is; "Every Rose has it's Thorns"

Simple as that. :)

Or in her case, riding crops, tentacles, and occasional losses of temper!

That is a fantastic depiction of PO'd in panel 3.  Also, I didn't quite realize until panel... 5?  How much hair Destania actually has.  Imagine if she could control that as well as she controls her backwings!

Unsilenced

Quote from: Howl on May 11, 2010, 10:02:50 PM

:c

Destania is too sexy to die..
Post of the Dead:
"When there is no more room in hell, this thread will walk the earth"

AmigaDragon

"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

SquirrelWizard

heh I'm amazed at all the hate... reveal that a character or two wasn't exactly the nicest person in the whole world and people cry for blood.
Update Status: Zombified

<Tezkat> Talking to yourself is a sign of impending mental collapse.
<SquirrelWizard> I talk to myself all the time, and I'm the sanest guy I know.

<TotalBiscuit> Upgrades! Upgrades! Upgrades! Its wacky-waving-inflatable-arm waving... nuclear missile... well, suppose that works...

Shachza

Quote from: Arcblade on May 11, 2010, 11:08:16 PM
Also, I didn't quite realize until panel... 5?  How much hair Destania actually has.  Imagine if she could control that as well as she controls her backwings!

Aren't 'cubi, like, you know...  ...Shapeshifters?

I don't see why a 'cubi couldn't train him/herself to have ambulatory hair; shapeshifting tiny muscles into each one would just require a lot of patience and/or power.
            <-- #1 that is!

Turnsky

I can see Destania's anger as being 'misplaced' She's obviously still very ticked at Aniz, but since he isn't around, Abel's the next best thing.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Cvstos

"The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them." - Albert Einstein

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." -Albert Einstein

lilpuppy23

Quote from: SquirrelWizard on May 11, 2010, 11:43:18 PM
heh I'm amazed at all the hate... reveal that a character or two wasn't exactly the nicest person in the whole world and people cry for blood.

Yes! My point exactly!
I'm hoping that the thread doesn't go to tea, but based upon what I'm seeing and Mowser's threats, it might do just that.

I wouldn't be surprised if maybe Amber is a cubi' and feeds off this forum.

Chakat Blackspots

A Destania backstory sounds interesting, but Amber has other ideas.  Abel seems to need a smackdown every once in a while, but Destania is certainly abusive.

Congo Jack

Quote from: Scow2 on May 11, 2010, 02:19:43 PM
A war that the 'cubi (Specifically, Cyra) instigated, and has been over for millenia.

And yet Pyroduck is expected to fight it by his father, Dan's father is taken hostage, Dan himself have to hide his identity and overall existance, or be killed on sight, and noone knows where to find cubi aside from secret dimensional pocket, where they hide their children (i.e. bomb-shelter)
No, it's not like dragons stoped at all. (Aniz was 464 when he brought Abel ih his twenties, therefore butchery of Siar happened less then 1000 years ago, not "over for millenia")

VAE

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on May 11, 2010, 02:34:14 PM
Quote from: Scow2 on May 11, 2010, 02:19:43 PM
A war that the 'cubi (Specifically, Cyra) instigated, and has been over for millenia. I'm finding the logic that "The Dragons waged a war that killed lots of 'cubi, therefore the Dragons must be genocided" argument makes as much sense there as if you were to replace "'Cubi" and "Dragon" with any two real-life nations.  

I completely agree, but unfortunately there's a massive double-standard going on in the forums when it comes to Cubi.

Hizell wipes out countless of Siar's youngest generation? Kill him, how dare he.
Dimanika abducts innocent babies and casually distributes them as appetizers? AWESOME.

Uff, one gets but short 12 hours of sleep and the comments EXPLODE! :D
I think the thing you are missing from this is the flow of time.
Correct version:
Hizell wipes out countless members of Siar, and other clans? Kill the bastard!!
Dimanika THEREFORE abducts his offspring and distributes it as appetizers ? Brilliant revenge, especially the "insult to injury" part where Fa'lina raised one of his offspring sort of against him...

As far of the war, both are possible - it seems to me that it is that Cubi now are acting as partizans - the dragons "won" officially but since their enemy can masquerade perfectly and has a strong motive against them, they are in for some pain.
Somethink like VPA vs US army - the dragons can capture territory but not hold it.... except that the war is more like a blood feud
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Drayco84

And your forgetting that Cyra did something that royally angered the dragons to begin with. My theory is that she ate the soul of one of Hizell's relatives. This could include siblings, life-mate, or even one of his offspring...

Seriously, neither party is guiltless here. Hence, this was/is a war in every sense of the word.

Nevermind. Me too tired to debate on internet forum over a webcomic... Zzzzzzzzzzzzz...

Unsilenced

Quote from: lilpuppy23 on May 12, 2010, 12:28:35 AM
Quote from: SquirrelWizard on May 11, 2010, 11:43:18 PM

Yes! My point exactly!
I'm hoping that the thread doesn't go to tea, but based upon what I'm seeing and Mowser's threats, it might do just that.

I wouldn't be surprised if maybe Amber is a cubi' and feeds off this forum.

NEW THEORY OF THE INTERNET

Trolls are actually cubi.

Think about it.
Post of the Dead:

Brownie

Tenta-Slap!

I will say that I was not expecting that, but at the same time, I was comepletely expecting it.
Hmm.

hartree

Quote from: Unsilenced on May 12, 2010, 02:18:12 AM

Think about it.

Bingo!

I've been around the net since 1987, and that's the most compelling explanation of them I've heard yet.
Shoes for industry!

liari

You know...Abel knows how to emotion jammer.  In fact, he was thrown by the fact that he couldn't do so to normal beings, so it's implied that he did it all the time to cubi.  ...could it be his self-destructive tendencies  reaching out and pissing off everyone?  It would help explain the psychotic shifts in mood that seem to occur around him all the time...or I could be completely off base!   :mowhappy

VAE

Quote from: Unsilenced on May 12, 2010, 02:18:12 AM

Think about it.
Nice! I was thinking of this recently as well - but the problem is that the cubi needs to be close up to sucker emotions, eg TV broadcast does not work, sitting in the audience does.
However, IRL trolling is a different matter - (that is in fact how it occured to me- i realised one char. in my comic has been doing just that) -  the cubi might go and pretend to be someone else that elicits appropriate response - criminal warranted to be arrested,  Fred Phelps, film star... and then sucker up the emotions from the bystanders
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Congo Jack

Quote from: Drayco84 on May 12, 2010, 02:10:55 AM
And your forgetting that Cyra did something that royally angered the dragons to begin with. My theory is that she ate the soul of one of Hizell's relatives. This could include siblings, life-mate, or even one of his offspring...

Note that information on her CL page says that her actions started the war, but don't specifically says were they good or bad. Or were they approved or regretted by other cubi. I sense that that's where Amber keeps quite a depot of Shocking Revelations for future.  :mowninja

psilorder

Quote from: Nyomi on May 11, 2010, 10:02:16 PM
Furthermore, what Destania says in the comic immediately after the one linked to above does imply that she cared/cares, beating or no beating.

Yes, i was wondering, would Destania really call Abel a student of hers if he was never enrolled in any of the classes she taught and/or taught privately by her?

edit: in combination with her saying he learned how to survive on his own from her, i am assuming combat classes or hunting or similar, not....dance.

AGE00

This thread is fascinating. I mean, she teaches torture. That's pretty unambiguous. If we were dealing with a big, fat guy, the only ones on his side would be the ones playing Devils Advocate. Dress a hot chick up in leather, though, and she could be the Dean of Slavery & Holocaust Denial for all anyone cares.

Anyway.

I suppose this does constitute an effective demonstration of Abel's weakness. Of course, the massive disparity between their levels of ability rather undermines the point, since he could train for half a millennium and not close the gap significantly, but it still illustrates the importance of being able to defend oneself. I can only assume that this is Destania's intention, since it's the only purpose that could conceivably be served by her current course of action.

Unsilenced

Quote from: Pascal on May 12, 2010, 04:52:28 PM
This thread is fascinating. I mean, she teaches torture. That's pretty unambiguous. If we were dealing with a big, fat guy, the only ones on his side would be the ones playing Devils Advocate. Dress a hot chick up in leather, though, and she could be the Dean of Slavery & Holocaust Denial for all anyone cares.

Anyway.

I suppose this does constitute an effective demonstration of Abel's weakness. Of course, the massive disparity between their levels of ability rather undermines the point, since he could train for half a millennium and not close the gap significantly, but it still illustrates the importance of being able to defend oneself. I can only assume that this is Destania's intention, since it's the only purpose that could conceivably be served by her current course of action.

If this comes to you as a surprise, I suggest stepping outside the nunnery for a day or two. :V
Post of the Dead:

AGE00

Quote from: Unsilenced on May 12, 2010, 05:25:34 PM

If this comes to you as a surprise, I suggest stepping outside the nunnery for a day or two. :V

But I like it here. Everyone's quiet and no-one touches my stuff.  :(

Rambon

I had to re-read this page a few times... then get my friend to read it as well and tell me that no, my brain wasn't making it up.

VAE

Funnily enough, even then i would support him, just out of the lack of taste for what abel is doing, although then the whole plot segment of becoming a loving mother would not work, and aniz would have to be female ...... meh
Not to mention i do not find her exceptionally hot anyway , especially not in a leather suit.
Saphroneth

Infranscia

Is it just me, or is there a bit of confusion here (in the comic and otherwise) between 'I don't care what happens one way or the other' (implied by the previous AS comic) and 'I don't care about you in any loving or even friendly way' (implied by the current AS comic)?  Just sayin'.

And the bits about her possibly redirecting her anger at Aniz (an idea I think is possible) and her later giving Abel lessons have been brought up.  I wonder how much longer before he starts taking lessons from her?  The fact that she's probably just beating him and no one will intervene has been mentioned.  It's possible she'll soon find out about his blood-phobia and some thoughts will come based off of it.  That or she doesn't and Abel's the one that comes to her for lessons.  I wonder which way it was?

Someone mentioned Fa'Lina stopping stuff she didn't approve of.  If she interrupted everything she disagreed with, she'd both be very, very busy, and very controlling, and I don't think she wants either.

Oh yes, I also haven't seen the stuff the characters are doing as 'being on Abel's side' as 'trying to get Abel to come over to their side.'  ...Or maybe I misread what some posts said and people were talking about forum members being on Abel's side.  I dunno.
Please excuse the watermarked avatar.  I haven't bothered to fix it yet.  (Still, thanks to PetFriendAmy for the original pic!)

AGE00

Quote from: danman on May 12, 2010, 07:40:05 PM

Funnily enough, even then i would support him, just out of the lack of taste for what abel is doing, although then the whole plot segment of becoming a loving mother would not work, and aniz would have to be female ...... meh
Not to mention i do not find her exceptionally hot anyway , especially not in a leather suit.

See, I can't help but question your objectivity here. How does siding with a known sadist and murderer over a guy who only wants to be left alone make sense from any dispassionate stand-point?

Quote from: Infranscia on May 12, 2010, 07:44:51 PM
Someone mentioned Fa'Lina stopping stuff she didn't approve of.  If she interrupted everything she disagreed with, she'd both be very, very busy, and very controlling, and I don't think she wants either.

You're assuming Fa'lina doesn't approve of this beating. Ever see "A Few Good Men"?

Edit: Found a cool little machinema of the courtroom scene, for anyone who's interested. ^^
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3P2Fz3tZhYk

Edit 2: Wait... Half of the damn movie is courtroom scenes. It's the shouty bit at the end, anyway.

Les

A bit of rationalizing on the huge load of Abel-hate in comic and on these forums.  Abel has been implied to be rather intelligent and talented previously, which he's done nothing but squander.  It's even worse for the Cubi in-universe since Abel has two extremely rare traits that almost scream 'Uber-Cubi' to those in the know. 

Imagine if you will someone born with all the bests gifts and talents of Ernest Hemingway, Nikola Tesla, and Alexander the Great... now imagine all that person does is sit around playing WoW all day.

Wouldn't you wanna strangle that person just a little?
Long live Space Race, Long live... Molvania!

Shachza

Quote from: Infranscia on May 12, 2010, 07:44:51 PM

I think there's a large difference between playing your music too loud and a teacher potentially doing permanent physical harm to a student.  I would assume that a beating of this magnitude would quickly be on the top of Fa'lina's to-do list.  Given her omniscience within the confines of Saia I have to believe she knows about this.

She likely doesn't need to interfere herself either.

Memo to Dr. Ink.
Delivered by Fu.
RE: Upcoming fight in the hallway.
There is going to be a fight outside your office in 10 minutes, please go outside with your giant needle after it starts and grin happily until the sutdents involved run in terror.  Thanks.
-Fa'lina.
            <-- #1 that is!