11/05/2010 [AS2 #101] Abel Smackdown

Started by MT Hazard, May 11, 2010, 06:25:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VAE

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on May 11, 2010, 11:19:38 AM
Destania, nooo! You broke your nice riding crop.

I really wonder what Destania's trying to accomplish. I doubt she's doing this for her S's and G's, but I could be giving her too much credit. Maybe her goal isn't to maul Abel to release frustration/contempt, but to provoke him. I don't know, it's the only thing I can think of. D:
Hmm among other things, she is trying to ruin a fine free buffet for the despair, woe and sad oriented clans.
I think it might inspire a department-wide strike :D (Imagine picket lines done by emo cubi)
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Alondro

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 11, 2010, 11:22:55 AM
Quote from: Drayco84 on May 11, 2010, 11:15:10 AM
Show of hands, who wants a Destania's Story next?

I dunno, 7000 years of misery, murder and soul-devouring sounds a bit much to me...

*Charline glees!*  I'm for it!  Pre-nice-conversion Destania is my heroine!   :boogie  *enjoys watching Abel getting the beating of a lifetime*  I wonder how Charles' body would fare under a similar assault... only one way to find out!   >:3

*Charles*  Halp!   :eek
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

joshofspam

Quote from: danman on May 11, 2010, 12:35:40 PM
Destania, nooo! You broke your nice riding crop.

I really wonder what Destania's trying to accomplish. I doubt she's doing this for her S's and G's, but I could be giving her too much credit. Maybe her goal isn't to maul Abel to release frustration/contempt, but to provoke him. I don't know, it's the only thing I can think of. D:
Hmm among other things, she is trying to ruin a fine free buffet for the despair, woe and sad oriented clans.
I think it might inspire a department-wide strike :D (Imagine picket lines done by emo cubi)

In a way I can't help but to think about a question to myself that goes like this.

A demon, and a Cubi enter a restaurant.

Does the cubi yell at the demon for eating the waiter and ruining their meal, or does the demon call the cubi a pansy for eating emotions instead of eating meat like them?

I think Destinia might have had a botton pushed here. He was given warning by her not to get in the way and making light of her revenge might have been something the son of the person she wants revenge against might have been the dumbest thing Abel has ever done. As Destinia said she might not be able to kill Abel but she probably will beat Abel till someone tells her to walk away or until Abel loses consciousness. Ouch!

As for the job offer it may still be open, but she might think he'll never take it now. So why should she be nice to him?
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Scow2

Okay... what makes anyone think Dee is really on Abel's side... I'm thinking she's telling the truth. Destania doesn't care about Abel's life. He's already made it clear he's not on her side. She does want to kill him, and her interest in him is solely because he's Aniz's son. To her, Abel is the result of Aniz's infidelity. She wants to kill him for it because he's the son of her lover and another woman. Also, Aniz, despite his violent introduction, made it clear he cared about Abel living and going on to succeed in life as a 'cubi (Can't repopulate a clan if you're dead...) Also, Aniz cannot enroll another student for 200 more years... So Destania would be dealing a seriously traumatic blow to Aniz by killing Abel. The problem with stopping Aniz is he's invisible. Finding him amongst the beings populating the world would be like finding a needle in a haystack, to use the cliche phrase.

Any questions?

Congo Jack

Quote from: danman on May 11, 2010, 11:00:24 AM
Quote from: Caraig on May 11, 2010, 10:10:55 AM
Hmm.  It's been my experience that people claiming 'tough love' and doing physical and/or emotional harm on others are pretty much just bullies on some level.  Meeting Edward and giving birth to Daniel might have mellowed her, but she's still aiming for genocide of the dragons.  Then again, as has been pointed out... she's a succubus.  She's not going to have the same emotional spectrum as a mortal being.

So... yeah, despite the outfit?  NotAFan.
Right , because all dragons are really into  peaceful coexistence.
The war didn't claim most of the cubi population at all, and reducing the clan Dee belongs to to 2 members is pure fantasy.

Come to think of it, I didn't heard that the war ended.

I wonder what'll happen when she finally draws blood. I also wonder why Fa'Lina hasn't intervened yet - I thought she could immediately tell when any of her students were endangered,

Maybe she knows that Dee just smacks him a bit and leaves? They aren't fighting to death. There are worse things happen in home EC class everyday.
Quote from: Drayco84 on May 11, 2010, 11:15:10 AM
Show of hands, who wants a Destania's Story next?

*Raises hand.*

Nnnnghh. Tempting, but...I'd really like to see Kria. Guess I prefer Chaotic to Lawful.

Unsilenced

I for one don't think Destania is above "losing her cool" and attacking Abel out of spite.

Cubi are, after all, emotionally driven, not logic driven. They are perfectly capable of acting without a greater "plan."
Post of the Dead:
"When there is no more room in hell, this thread will walk the earth"

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: Scow2 on May 11, 2010, 01:28:00 PMFinding him amongst the beings populating the world would be like finding a needle in a haystack, to use the cliche phrase.

Pfft ... finding a needle in a haystack is EASY - Just burn the haystack and sift the ashes, and the needle will appear right quickly.

Quote from: Congo Jack on May 11, 2010, 01:29:43 PMCome to think of it, I didn't heard that the war ended.

An interesting thought, but wasn't it mentioned that it was over by Fa'Lina somewhere ?

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Vicorus

Quote from: Congo Jack on May 11, 2010, 01:29:43 PM
Come to think of it, I didn't heard that the war ended.

Judging from the wording of some of the clan leader pages (i.e Taun), I would say that the war has ended.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Vicorus on May 11, 2010, 02:05:23 PM
Judging from the wording of some of the clan leader pages (i.e Taun), I would say that the war has ended.
More specifically, see Fa'Lina's cast page.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Congo Jack

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on May 11, 2010, 01:38:49 PM

Quote from: Congo Jack on May 11, 2010, 01:29:43 PMCome to think of it, I didn't heard that the war ended.

An interesting thought, but wasn't it mentioned that it was over by Fa'Lina somewhere ?

She made cubi stop fighting and go hide instead. Don't think she got anything from dragons.

Scow2

A war that the 'cubi (Specifically, Cyra) instigated, and has been over for millenia. I'm finding the logic that "The Dragons waged a war that killed lots of 'cubi, therefore the Dragons must be genocided" argument makes as much sense there as if you were to replace "'Cubi" and "Dragon" with any two real-life nations. "Austria fought a war with England that destroyed an entire British Generation ninety years ago. All Austrians deserve Genocide!", "The Japanese fought a war with the United States and got nuked twice over fifty years ago. All Americans deserve Genocide!" So yeah...

And yes... Anker has a point about finding needles. But wanton destruction of the haystack isn't really an option...

Maybe that's what caused the Dragon/Foocubi war! Cyra pissed off the dragons for a crime against every non-cubi that possibly makes what An-Unnamed-Famous-World-Leader from a Certain-Fairly-Recent-Point-in-History did to a Large-Number-of-Socially Unfavorable-Minority-Groups-That-Shall-Remain-Anonymous look tame, and in vengeance for tracking down the perpetrator was hindered by Clan Fa'lina's attempt to protect Cyra, dragging two clans into the 'war', pissing off Clan Taun, and it snowballs from there into a full-blown racial war. Remember... a large number of clans avoided the conflict altogether by not getting involved.

TheZombie

Quote from: Wanderer on May 11, 2010, 07:02:34 AM
Why yes, Destania, you do look like someone who cares. If you didn't care about him at all you wouldn't be getting so emotional about him, and so upset that you're not allowed to kill him.

I'm going to say that no, she still might not care.  Mostly because the  "I only hit you because I care about you" is a line that scum boyfriends/husbands use after beating their (in)significant others into the emergency room.

Drayco84

Quote from: Scow2 on May 11, 2010, 01:28:00 PMFinding him amongst the beings populating the world would be like finding a needle in a haystack, to use the cliche phrase.

Pfft ... finding a needle in a haystack is EASY - Just burn the haystack and sift the ashes, and the needle will appear right quickly.
I'll do ya one better...

How to find a Needle in a Haystack

Step 1: Set fire to Haystack.
Step 2: Stick the end of a telescoping magnet into ashes from haystack and wave it around.
Step 3: Retrieve needle.
Step 4: ???
Step 5: PROFIT!

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: Scow2 on May 11, 2010, 02:19:43 PM
And yes... Anker has a point about finding needles. But wanton destruction of the haystack isn't really an option...

Aww .. why not ? :(

Quote from: Scow2 on May 11, 2010, 02:19:43 PMCyra pissed off the dragons for a crime against every non-cubi that possibly makes what An-Unnamed-Famous-World-Leader from a Certain-Fairly-Recent-Point-in-History did to a Large-Number-of-Socially Unfavorable-Minority-Groups-That-Shall-Remain-Anonymous look tame

George Bush ?

Quote from: Drayco84 on May 11, 2010, 02:31:11 PM

I'll do ya one better...

How to find a Needle in a Haystack

Step 1: Set fire to Haystack.
Step 2: Stick the end of a telescoping magnet into ashes from haystack and wave it around.
Step 3: Retrieve needle.
Step 4: ???
Step 5: PROFIT!

Oooo .. I like that one. :)

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Sunblink

Quote from: Scow2 on May 11, 2010, 02:19:43 PM
A war that the 'cubi (Specifically, Cyra) instigated, and has been over for millenia. I'm finding the logic that "The Dragons waged a war that killed lots of 'cubi, therefore the Dragons must be genocided" argument makes as much sense there as if you were to replace "'Cubi" and "Dragon" with any two real-life nations.  

I completely agree, but unfortunately there's a massive double-standard going on in the forums when it comes to Cubi.

Hizell wipes out countless of Siar's youngest generation? Kill him, how dare he.
Dimanika abducts innocent babies and casually distributes them as appetizers? AWESOME.

Mao

I think you guys are getting so far off topic and into the realm of tired and boring arguments again that I'm going to start thinking about giving this thread a new home.

Scow2

I'm trying to keep the argument focused on whether Abel is a loser who deserves everything he's having come at him or if Dee is just a horrific bitch that needs to be euthanized for the good of the world...

Mao

Which would be your own personal agenda.  I don't care anymore, and I'm pretty sure there's more than a few folks who are tired of reading it, no matter how relevant it may or may not be.

Starcat5

Quote from: Scow2 on May 11, 2010, 02:59:33 PM
I'm trying to keep the argument focused on whether Abel is a loser who deserves everything he's having come at him or if Dee is just a horrific bitch that needs to be euthanized for the good of the world...

I vote "Both". ...back then, at least.

Also, all those clans who tried to avoid the war outright were some of the first to get wiped out. For example: The clan Mink comes from is down to 9 members, and lost both of it's sister clans.

And finally, the best way to hide a needle is in a stack of needles. The best place to hide is in a crowd.
Conservative Democrat or Liberal Republican: You decide!
The Centrist line has moved a long way to the Right over the years.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

Jigsaw Forte

Quote from: starcat5 on May 11, 2010, 03:15:02 PM
Quote from: Scow2 on May 11, 2010, 02:59:33 PM

I vote "Both". ...back then, at least.

Also, all those clans who tried to avoid the war outright were some of the first to get wiped out. For example: The clan Mink comes from is down to 9 members, and lost both of it's sister clans.

And finally, the best way to hide a needle is in a stack of needles. The best place to hide is in a crowd.

Siar pretty much got wiped out too, and they weren't exactly pacifists... I think the war came down to "Everyone willing to fight (who didn't suck at it)", which either says that the clans who didn't fight also sucked at fighting in the first place, or at least those willing to fight who couldn't take the beating should've rethought that decision.

... and on a side note, that also sorta explains why Piflak is still around...

Madd the Sane

Maybe Dee's trying to push Abel until he... snaps.  :mwaha
Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

Les

Not sure if this will make Destania look better or worse, but just thought I'd point out that being a doting mother and loving wife and being breathtakingly cruel to her enemies are not mutually exclusive. 

And it seems there's just something about Abel that incites hatred in people, so far only Mink and Jyrras seem immune.  Dan dislikes and distrusts Abel despite having no rational reason to do so, Aaryana just laid into him with the verbal assault equivalent of a kick in the crotch despite being physically attracted to him, and Dee just went from cool and collected to RRRAAAAAGE before you could say Bi-Polar.
Long live Space Race, Long live... Molvania!

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

:popcorn I'm eager to see what happens next.....

In my opinion, Destania probably at this point in time, doesn't give a hoot about Abel's feelings or well being. She sees him as an opportunity to possibly use him to her advantage against his father. Perhaps this fight may make him realize what disadvantages he has or it will make him stay in his room for who knows how long. Either way she will have her answer on whether he is worth using or not.

However, I do believe that after many years, settling down and having a child (Dan); may have mellowed her out a bit. Probably, not completely as she still wants revenge on the dragons; but she clearly cares about her children, as we can see from Dan's few flashbacks of her and when she chatted with Alexsi. Also, it shows as she's grown out of the "Dominatrix" outfit stage.....

Unless of course, it's stashed in the closet for Edward.....  >:3

Arcblade

Y'know, we could all be horribly off-track here.  It's possible Destania just wanted a snack.  Pain affinity, remember?

But I'm probably wrong.  Or at least not entirely correct. 

Ellian

Probably this has been discussed often enough already, but the scene makes me wonder if Cubi can feed off each others emotions, not only the emotions of beings. Assuming they can, and counting Destania's clan affinity of pain, I guess she might have been hungry and prepared a feast for herself at Abel's expense.

Zinc210

Oh, my... I really was not expecting this... at worst, I was expecting a heeled boot to the head, but daaaang something other than her riding crop snapped :U

After reading this one, all I could see was Dee directing anger at Aniz onto Abel... Must see what happens next!  :eager

Cogidubnus

Hm.

If every time Dee punches somebody she gets an ice cream cone, she's holding her head underneath the soft-serve nozzle now, I think. :U

Drayco84

Quote from: Cogidubnus on May 11, 2010, 08:12:30 PM
Hm.

If every time Dee punches somebody she gets an ice cream cone, she's holding her head underneath the soft-serve nozzle now, I think. :U
Somebody make fanart of this, PLEASE. I have that image stuck in my head now... Bonus points if Edward is telling her that he thinks she's had enough, then she smacks him and yells "I'LL TELL YOU WHEN I'VE HAD ENOUGH!"

Cvstos

Quote from: Cogidubnus on May 11, 2010, 08:12:30 PM
Hm.

Ha! Good one!

But I still want someone to come in and kick her butt.
"The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them." - Albert Einstein

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." -Albert Einstein

Nyomi

Quote from: Mrs_A_ZeTavia on May 11, 2010, 06:52:19 PM
However, I do believe that after many years, settling down and having a child (Dan); may have mellowed her out a bit. Probably, not completely as she still wants revenge on the dragons; but she clearly cares about her children, as we can see from Dan's few flashbacks of her and when she chatted with Alexsi. Also, it shows as she's grown out of the "Dominatrix" outfit stage.....

That chat with Alexsi makes me wonder if the relationship between Abel and Destania may have mellowed out somewhat. Abel still thinks of her as evil, as we know from here, but somehow I expect Destania's reaction would have been... um... different? if she still had it out for Abel.

Furthermore, what Destania says in the comic immediately after the one linked to above does imply that she cared/cares, beating or no beating.