05/08/2010 [DMFA#1115] - The City of Zinvth

Started by RandomMetaphysics, May 08, 2010, 01:46:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RandomMetaphysics

Well well well, this is interesting.

Heh, I wonder how Abel will react when he finds out Aliph has come back from the grave... a few times at that.
Though right now, I'm interested in finding out more about Tina Soulstealer.

Rambon

Why does the name Hiata seem so familiar? was it in any of the comics?

Jairus

Wait, so Abel went the "give Dan intel so that the idiot doesn't get himself killed" route rather than the "calmly and cooly smack Dan with the Obvious Hammer a few times" route? Dang. Color me surprised...

They're gonna have to come back to that topic eventually, Amber. You can't hide forever...
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Unsilenced

"The Death of Death..."

Man, there are so many jokes to be made about "respawning."

"It's OK! I had another guy!"
Post of the Dead:
"When there is no more room in hell, this thread will walk the earth"

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

Abel you've been at the academy for over 300 years, I think it's safe to say pretty much everything is outdated......  :P

Baal Hadad

...I take it Abel never learned about undead...?   :erk  Wow....

Yeah, it's official--the two comics are no longer separate.

Captain

Ah, Dan was just about to vanquish one of his deadliest foes, Abel's brain, when it pulled out a last-minute healing tactic.

Dan used accuse Abel of making Jyrras gay (probably with clothes cursed with cubi-magic or something)
Abel's brain took mortal damage due to Dan's amazing ignorance
Abel's brain used change the conversation to Kria's family thus restoring it's health
Dan countered with your information is outdated.

Now how many times has something like this happened to Abel thanks to Dan?

I wonder if Dan will ever find out that Kria taught Abel when he was a immature cubi or that she pretty much decided to save his life. Though spare would be the more appropriate word. Also how would Dan react to that? hmm, too lazy to think.

Actually it'd probably guess on how Abel presented it.
If you want to visit me:
Download this: http://shoddybattle.com/downloads
then go to Captain's Modded Server and look for captaiN

InsanityRequiem

I don't know why, but Abel looks like one of those kids that hides behind the couch scared and peeking over. Just how he seems to look to me.

But now I wonder what Thursday will be like! 8D
Who is the sanest of us all? Why, the insane of course!

Magic

That seal is strangely familiar. Like, similar to the icon that the actual MMO of Dungeons and Dragons Online uses, familiar.

My gut instinct says coincidence, though, considering circumstantial evidence and the fact that I just checked the player databases for a female warforged named 'Orchid' and found a couple of dirty elves instead.
True Magic does not bow down to rules like mana or sacrifice. True Magic bends all rules. I have seen the truth. I am now free forever. (I used to be Doctor Ink. Now stop asking.)

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: Captain on May 08, 2010, 03:19:06 AMI wonder if Dan will ever find out that Kria taught Abel when he was a immature cubi or that she pretty much decided to save his life. Though spare would be the more appropriate word. Also how would Dan react to that? hmm, too lazy to think.

I think Dan would react fairly well to it, after all he's cool with Lorenda and Kria, it's only Ailiph and Regina he cannot get along with.

Quote from: Magic on May 08, 2010, 03:28:43 AMMy gut instinct says coincidence, though, considering circumstantial evidence and the fact that I just checked the player databases for a female warforged named 'Orchid' and found a couple of dirty elves instead.

oOooooo ... dirty elves ... where ?   :eager

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Unsilenced

Quote from: Mrs_A_ZeTavia on May 08, 2010, 02:41:48 AM
Abel you've been at the academy for over 300 years, I think it's safe to say pretty much everything is outdated......  :P

Tell me about it.

That outfit is SOOO last century. :V
Post of the Dead:
"When there is no more room in hell, this thread will walk the earth"

joshofspam

I wonder if sporks will be used for eating utensils?

You know? Kria poking fun at her brothers incompetence and Dan's awesomeness.

Wait. where is the spork set by the plate?

Raising Dead  demon's does seem to cause such a hiccup for the strong weeding out the weak mentality demons live by though. I wonder how DP would react to such an observation?
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Suwako

Quote from: Magic on May 08, 2010, 03:28:43 AM
That seal is strangely familiar. Like, similar to the icon that the actual MMO of Dungeons and Dragons Online uses, familiar.

It reminds me slightly of the Mortalcombat logo, but it's the second time this logo has appeared and the first time I just didn't think about it at all. 

Tapewolf

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on May 08, 2010, 03:30:19 AM
I think Dan would react fairly well to it, after all he's cool with Lorenda and Kria, it's only Ailiph and Regina he cannot get along with.
I dunno, he doesn't seem to trust Kria.  Then again, she was constantly trying to rip his clothes off.

Quote from: Jairus on May 08, 2010, 01:55:29 AM
Wait, so Abel went the "give Dan intel so that the idiot doesn't get himself killed" route rather than the "calmly and cooly smack Dan with the Obvious Hammer a few times" route? Dang. Color me surprised...
Think of it this way - if Dan dies through Abel's neglect, he'd have two Tri-winged 'Cubi and Destania mad at him.

Quote from: Baal Hadad on May 08, 2010, 02:43:54 AM
It's a relatively recent thing.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Garsemor

Does anyone else think the seal looks like Pip.

Captain

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on May 08, 2010, 03:30:19 AM

Even if Dan likes Kria (apart from her constantly trying to get his clothes off him) maybe the information would just count as more evidence that the cubi academy is evil (to Dan) since he may have been decent when Kria taught him, I don't remember him being snarky at all before the academy, but now he's a sarcastic untrustworthy jerk of a cubi.

I don't think Kria's seen him outside of the academy since he went there, all i remember is that great part where his mom died. Besides, Kria would never change Dan's mind about how Abel is untrustworthy/evil/a jerk because that would decrease our snark. Then again, Abel's probably snarky at everyone but Mink.
If you want to visit me:
Download this: http://shoddybattle.com/downloads
then go to Captain's Modded Server and look for captaiN

Bjalf

Quote from: Captain on May 08, 2010, 05:03:54 AM
... , but now he's a sarcastic untrustworthy jerk of a cubi.

Umm, Abel? I don't see how he's untrustworthy.

A jerk, snarky, sarcastic and probably bad in many other ways as well, but not untrustworthy.

A. Lurker

Quote from: Bjalf on May 08, 2010, 05:29:23 AM
Umm, Abel? I don't see how he's untrustworthy.

A jerk, snarky, sarcastic and probably bad in many other ways as well, but not untrustworthy.

Of course, he could just be using his evil sneaky cubi mind control powers to make you think that. ;)

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 08, 2010, 04:55:55 AM
Quote from: Anker Steadfast on May 08, 2010, 03:30:19 AMI think Dan would react fairly well to it, after all he's cool with Lorenda and Kria, it's only Ailiph and Regina he cannot get along with.
I dunno, he doesn't seem to trust Kria.  Then again, she was constantly trying to rip his clothes off.

Well, to be fair, I don't think anyone would trust Kria in that regard - She's a Demon Mare after all.
But he's not out to kill her either - Dan and Kria seems to get along in an odd way.
When they met, they seemed to come to some sort of understanding at least.

And that's sort of my point, heck Kria even game him advise on how to make Ailiph stay dead.
Oh sure, Kria plays games with him, but I think Dan can live with that.

They act almost like they were siblings. :)

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

John Roh

Quote from: Garsemor on May 08, 2010, 04:59:30 AM
Does anyone else think the seal looks like Pip.

I did hmm I wonder what it means or maybe were just seeing things

Madd the Sane

No Abel, the definition of "dead" has not changed. The definition of "dealing with", however... :P
Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

Scarydragon

Quote from: Unsilenced on May 08, 2010, 01:59:13 AM
"It's OK! I had another guy!"

Futurama FTW. :3

Quote from: Captain on May 08, 2010, 03:19:06 AM
I wonder if Dan will ever find out that Kria taught Abel when he was a immature cubi...

What do you mean was? :B
A Scarydragon approaches!

[Attack]
>[Word Play]
     [Sarcasm]
     [Innuendo]
     [Backwards Logic]
     [Puns]
   >[Sarcasm]
  [Procrastinate]
  [Item]

Kenku

The soulstealers and a morph clan eh? I wonder if that is Hennya's family.

Jasonrevall

It's an old supervillain thing. Never assume the bad guy is dead, even if he was a corpse. Then again with the death of superman, I guess the villain should never assume the hero is dead either.

Nice seal.
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

Bjalf

...I take it Abel never learned about undead...?   :erk  Wow....

Hmmm. Abel is having some problems with Dan's bias against some stuff (cubi, gay clothing and whatnot). I wonder if Abel is going to be biased against the undead?

And really, if anything's unnatural, it's the undead. Call me old-fashioned, but really! Do they sparkle in sunlight, too? Now, when I was young ...
:oldman

Edit:
Today's word:
Kinemortophobia

Chairtastic

Yes!  Finally some sense of the Zinvth hierarchy!

So, Tina is currently in charge, Aliph is dead...ish, and Kria is off-and-on Tina's number two.  Still no word on Melara, curses.  The use of the words 'second in line' make me think Tina might be Kria/Aliph's mother...orfathercauseguyscanhavegirlynamestoo. :B

*dives into the bunker*

Aurawyn

Quote from: Kenku on May 08, 2010, 08:36:52 AM
That is what I was thinking too.....

Hennya might have been part of this Hennya (Hennya Hiata anyone?)

Drayco84

Quote from: Meany on May 08, 2010, 09:45:23 AM
Yes!  Finally some sense of the Zinvth hierarchy!

So, Tina is currently in charge, Aliph is dead...ish, and Kria is off-and-on Tina's number two.  Still no word on Melara, curses.  The use of the words 'second in line' make me think Tina might be Kria/Aliph's mother...orfathercauseguyscanhavegirlynamestoo. :B

*dives into the bunker*
My money's on "older siblings".

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

Quote from: Aurawyn on May 08, 2010, 10:24:10 AM
Quote from: Kenku on May 08, 2010, 08:36:52 AM
That is what I was thinking too.....

Hennya might have been part of this Hennya (Hennya Hiata anyone?)

If that is the case that could be a reason why Aniz freaked out after he killed her, or it could taboo to kill a mythos in Zinvth in general...... :.

Guess will have to wait and see all the "dirt" uncovered. :popcorn

Then again, she was constantly trying to rip his clothes off.

You say that like it's a bad thing. :3

Quote from: Bjalf on May 08, 2010, 09:39:23 AM

Hmmm. Abel is having some problems with Dan's bias against some stuff (cubi, gay clothing and whatnot). I wonder if Abel is going to be biased against the undead?

That makes me wonder what Abel's reaction to Devin will be.....  :U

Edit:
Today's word:
Kinemortophobia

Ah, something I didn't know!  :mowwink

:tmyk

Les

Given that Abel has 'history' with the Soulstealer clan and Zvinth, he seems remarkably blasie' about it as he's relating the relevant details he knows about.  Remarkable considering just mentioning his last name sent Abel into full 'cubi 'zerker mode.
Long live Space Race, Long live... Molvania!