New Skins Unlocked

Started by Darkmoon, April 27, 2010, 01:12:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkmoon

Go check out the new skins available. In your profile, under Look and Layout Preferences, there are four new skins available:

Inverted Dungeon V2
Cursed Prison V2
DMFA V2
The Castle Keep

The skins may change a little over time as we tweak some settings. Just fyi.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

VAE

If you folk like any feedback, i just learned how to change the skins, and must say that although not bad looking, the DMFAV2 could have a bit clearer writing - IDK but the the closeness of the two shades just pulls at my eyes
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Darkmoon

VAE

the background, and the one used for links, such as "show unread posts"
the writing of that should be somewhat darker
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Darkmoon

VAE

Well ,just trying to be useful. It would make it easier to read the links.
Saphroneth

Darkmoon

VAE

I noticed, but was wondering for a while whether it is eye accomodation or real adjustment.
Part of the problem is that i have half a headache, and so the reaction changes..
Thanks!
Saphroneth

Ketchup-Crumbles

I like the new "The Castle Keep" and "DMFA V2" skins :) It's a bit of adjusting, as the buttons are on slightly different positions, but that's just fine ^^ I'm currently using "The Castle Keep" version :) Everything seems alright with this one, up till now I could read everything and find any "missing" button within 5 seconds. Also it's way easier to see threads with new posts, as there is a better "color difference" now.

Thanks a lot for adding those =)

VAE

one question - what is the difference between pink and purple mow NEW POSTS  icon
Otherwise i love the "show new" & "show unread" features!
Saphroneth

Darkmoon

It's a difference between a new post in a main forum, or a new post in a subforum.

Ketchup-Crumbles

One more note on "The Castle Keep" skin: links are not distinguishable from normal text unless you roll over them with your mouse. Clicked links turn gray, but are still barely visible (to me at least).

Darkmoon

It's a fair observation. I tweaked the link colors a little. They're still subtle, but at least they aren't white now.

Sunblink

I'm using DMFA V2 right now. It looks great! It was worth the wait. I haven't noticed any problems yet.

Thought you guys deserved some good feedback.

Suwako

In cursed prison V2 it is hard to recognise quotes due to the quoteboxes edges being close to black. Perhaps a little lighter, or a fill would help? It's different, to say the least, I'll need some time getting used to it.

Mao

I've been using Castle Keep for over a week now and I have to say it's fast become my favorite.

VAE

Agree with keaton - DMFA v2 is indeed awesome, now that the links are visible.
1337 job guys!
Saphroneth

Drayco84

Castle Keep looks awesome to me, too.

However, the text in Spell Check is still the default black on a rather dark background.

Mad props, though.

Darkmoon

What browser are you using, because I don't see it?

Darkmoon

Quote from: Tytaj on May 04, 2010, 02:34:40 PM
In cursed prison V2 it is hard to recognise quotes due to the quoteboxes edges being close to black. Perhaps a little lighter, or a fill would help? It's different, to say the least, I'll need some time getting used to it.

Brightened up the border a shade and colored the font faintly. Should help.

Drayco84

Quote from: Darkmoon Firelyte on May 04, 2010, 08:21:19 PM
What browser are you using, because I don't see it?
Firefox.
Whoops, nvm. Text is white.

Darkmoon

It's fascinating, as I use Firefox, and the button is white with black text.