On Energy Drinks (previously RE: Amber rant; Energy drinks)

Started by LoneHowler, April 25, 2010, 01:36:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LoneHowler

The best I have found is Bawls G33K B33R, it tastes like root beer and doesn't have the tart tang other energy drinks have
Yes I know I'm a horrid speller queen of typos but dang it, I'm trying to get better
MY warp aci crappy photoshop I wish I had my tablet working
My Yappty thanks Silver :)
(hmm my sig needs updating. eeeeeh I'll do it later 07/29/06)

Turnsky

Rockstar have a couple that got juice in 'em... the Monster "ripper" is far too sweet for my blood, granted regular monster is nice.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

AmigaDragon

I've had some of the larger (12oz+) energy drinks but I've never bothered with the smaller ones because (in part) of the high price for their size.

RE: LoneHowler's sig, have you tried working at 400% or larger size (resize, not just zoom) and then reducing again?
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Turnsky

Quote from: AmigaDragon on April 25, 2010, 02:49:12 AM
I've had some of the larger (12oz+) energy drinks but I've never bothered with the smaller ones because (in part) of the high price for their size.

(for all you metric users, that's about 355ml, 'bout average for a bottle)
12 fluid ounces? lightweight  :P

typically most energy drinks start from your 250ml (think the smallish redbull cans), 330ml & 355ml (cans or bottles, depends on brand), to the larger 500ml cans which are mainly rockstar, monster, and for the Aussies: Mother.

i'll let folks do the conversion rates, but 500ml's about 16-17oz

generally it's up to taste, however, it's worth noting that most can be cut with orange juice, it's a nice flavor.

Vanvidum

I've tried a lot of energy drinks, but their biggest effect on me is to rapidly induce napping.  :tired

Turnsky

that's the caffeine crash, you get a buzz, then afterwards you just feel tired and bleh

Keleth

That's why I don't really like energy drinks.

That crash after :b

It's why I like the Energy Drink XS, because it's more of a pick me up.

I don't like red bull, nothing like saying "Ffffffffff" when your heart won't slow down and suddenly the world is spinning.
Help! I'm gay!

Ghostwish

I stay away from energy drinks for the simple fact they slowly but surely kill you.

... what, you didn't seriously think ingesting all those compounds had any good long-term effects, did you? I mean, c'mon! Can you even name half the stuff on the ingredients list? Google em some time! Trust me, you won't even be able to look at an energy drink for a month...

:mowcookie

VAE

Quote from: Ghostwish on April 25, 2010, 08:36:50 AM
I stay away from energy drinks for the simple fact they slowly but surely kill you.

... what, you didn't seriously think ingesting all those compounds had any good long-term effects, did you? I mean, c'mon! Can you even name half the stuff on the ingredients list? Google em some time! Trust me, you won't even be able to look at an energy drink for a month...

Hell, and what doesn't ?!
It's sucky but we don't have cubi resistance and lifespans (so far  :mwaha) so who cares.
I personally prefer normal coffeine, (or teine) but it is not like they have a huge negative effect , otherwise it would have long become obvious with the amount that is drank worldwide, and they do have a very clear short-term payoff, some of them.
I mean, there are so damn many ways to end up dead that worrying about such an unimportant one seems silly
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Drayco84

This reminds me of a joke...

The Japanese eat very little fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than the Americans.
The Mexicans eat a lot of fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than the Americans.
The Japanese drink very little red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than the Americans.
The French drink excessive amounts of red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than the Americans.
The Germans drink a lot of beer and eat lots of sausages and fats and suffer fewer heart attacks than the Americans.
CONCLUSION: Eat and drink what you like. Speaking English is apparently what kills you.

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

Quote from: Drayco84 on April 25, 2010, 11:12:30 AM

The Japanese eat very little fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than the Americans.
The Mexicans eat a lot of fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than the Americans.
The Japanese drink very little red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than the Americans.
The French drink excessive amounts of red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than the Americans.
The Germans drink a lot of beer and eat lots of sausages and fats and suffer fewer heart attacks than the Americans.
CONCLUSION: Eat and drink what you like. Speaking English is apparently what kills you.

OMG!! :lol BRILLANT!!!

Although, I also have found that while sometimes I don't mind drinking energy drinks here or there, I do sometimes like to mix them with other drinks to experiment (or sometimes taste, it depends). However, my favorite drinks to drink are Vitamin water or Vault. :)

Sofox

Not eating fast food?

Les

Quote from: Sofox on April 25, 2010, 01:22:43 PM

Not eating fast food?

It's those Gorram High-Fructose Corn Sweetners is what it is I tells ya.   :mowtongue
Long live Space Race, Long live... Molvania!

ubertech

Quote from: LoneHowler on April 25, 2010, 01:36:58 AM
The best I have found is Bawls G33K B33R, it tastes like root beer and doesn't have the tart tang other energy drinks have

G33K B33R is great but so is the regular Bawls, I have yet to try their cherry flavor.

Quote from: Ghostwish on April 25, 2010, 08:36:50 AM

That's the other reason I like bawls, short of sodium benzoate as a preservative it is mostly natural ingredients.

Chakat Blackspots

I tried Red Bull about 7 years ago and hated the taste (it was hot afterall because it was sitting in the sun at the base gym (Barksdale AFB)).

Tried a sip a couple months ago, seems it has gotten better.

Drayco84

I still don't understand why somebody would name an energy drink Bawls... I know I'm being slow here, but I just don't...

THIS, I could get behind, though...

Les

Quote from: Drayco84 on April 25, 2010, 07:56:44 PM
I still don't understand why somebody would name an energy drink Bawls... I know I'm being slow here, but I just don't...

THIS, I could get behind, though...

But then you couldn't swagger on in with a case and proudly proclaim..

"I've got Bawls!"    :mowhappy

llearch n'n'daCorna

Because, obviously, the USA is the only country in the world that speaks English.

... wait a second...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Drayco84

Quote from: Les on April 25, 2010, 08:03:17 PM
But then you couldn't swagger on in with a case and proudly proclaim..

"I've got Bawls!"    :mowhappy

Fine, I'll swagger in with a case of the other stuff and loudly exclaim "Wanna feel my BEWBZ?"

Oh wait... I'm a guy...

rabid_fox

They are absolutely crap and filled with shit, but excellently marketed. You're buying an advert.

Oh dear.

Suwako

Quote from: rabid_fox on April 26, 2010, 02:57:27 PM

They are absolutely crap and filled with shit, but excellently marketed. You're buying an advert.

They are junk and filled with not very healthy things, however taste depends on the person, I myself find many energydrinks to taste good, a little strange when compared to many other drinks, but I have had fruit juices that irked me more when I first tried them.

Corgatha Taldorthar

bah.   this is the proper energy drink.  (Very slightly NSFW)
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Les

VAE

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on April 26, 2010, 03:26:33 PM
bah.   this is the proper energy drink.  (Very slightly NSFW)
400 Babies? I think Fa'lina might be into this.

Besides drink
BRAWNDO THE THIRST MUTILATOR!
Brawndo's got what babies crave! It's got electrolytes!
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Passive

superluser

Quote from: Ghostwish on April 25, 2010, 08:36:50 AMI stay away from energy drinks for the simple fact they slowly but surely kill you.

Most energy drinks won't kill you.

This, on the other hand, will give you a definite pick-me-up, at least until until you experience muscle weakness and more frequent bowel movements.  Seriously, I'm not a doctor, but even I know that this is a bad, bad idea.

(In the past week, I've actually started taking half a tablet of iodine a day, since I realized that the kosher salt I've been eating isn't iodized.  The first day, I took a whole tablet--225 μg--and felt jumpy the rest of the day)

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

VAE

Quote from: superluser on April 26, 2010, 11:57:13 PM
Quote from: Ghostwish on April 25, 2010, 08:36:50 AMI stay away from energy drinks for the simple fact they slowly but surely kill you.

Most energy drinks won't kill you.

This, on the other hand, will give you a definite pick-me-up, at least until until you experience muscle weakness and more frequent bowel movements.  Seriously, I'm not a doctor, but even I know that this is a bad, bad idea.

(In the past week, I've actually started taking half a tablet of iodine a day, since I realized that the kosher salt I've been eating isn't iodized.  The first day, I took a whole tablet--225 μg--and felt jumpy the rest of the day)

Also it will protect you against radiation, as far as my knowledge of civil defense goes.
(It overfeeds the shield gland, (thyroid) so that it will not accept more iodine, therefore it will not accept the radioactive isotopes that would normally destroy it if you took them in)
Where i am from they distribute iodine tablets as we are close to a nuclear reactor (about 30 km i think)
Saphroneth

Brunhidden

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 25, 2010, 09:05:09 PM

Because, obviously, the USA is the only country in the world that speaks English.

... wait a second...

ive heard enough aussies and britts to know whatever it is that comes out of their mouth, english it isnt
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Netrogo

Energize Bullets! Best energy drink/shot out there. 300mg of caffeine and only 85ml of liquid. Also the only energy drink that has any effect on me these days. Red Bull doesn't even give me five minutes before I'm tired again.
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

Cogidubnus

I myself am a fan of the rockstar with the orange juice in it.

When I'm not drinking coffee, that is.

Which is, granted, most of the time.