Answer to Amber's Mouse Problem

Started by The_one_who_is_odd, April 13, 2010, 11:29:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The_one_who_is_odd

Anker Steadfast

Sooo .. it's a newly fancy and smartly designet piece of gadgetry.

Watch it flop.

:D

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Shachza

Her hand is wearing a bikini, how does that help Amber?
            <-- #1 that is!

Turnsky

looks like onna those things out of minority report

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

RobbieThe1st

I'm thinking one(or two) of those, combined with a Nvidia 3D-Vision setup, a 3d modeling program... you could probably do some pretty awesome stuff.

For the rest of us however, I don't think it'd be much use - Especially as you have to keep your hand in the air like that: I'd imagine it would get to be tiring pretty darn quickly.

I'll keep my Logitech G9(that I'm using with my -left- hand), thanks.

Pasteris.ttf <- Pasteris is the font used for text in DMFA.

Anker Steadfast

Heh, it reminds me of the headband with some nerve sensors, that would allow you to move the cursor with the power of the mind !!
Offcourse, you couldn't actually click on anything, they hadn't thought of that.

Yeah, it flopped.

VAE

Ehm , nothing better than good old two button ball at the bottom mice! They take a lot to break down - and besides of scraping the rollers with your fingernail no maintenance either
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Turnsky

Quote from: danman on April 14, 2010, 10:03:54 AM
Ehm , nothing better than good old two button ball at the bottom mice! They take a lot to break down - and besides of scraping the rollers with your fingernail no maintenance either

you would be horrified at the amount of gunk that collects in all mice.

VAE

I know - as i said i scrape it off the rollers, and then shake it out.
in the inside not so much collects - i have taken some mouses apart to fix so i know..
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Turnsky

Quote from: danman on April 14, 2010, 11:32:30 AM
I know - as i said i scrape it off the rollers, and then shake it out.
in the inside not so much collects - i have taken some mouses apart to fix so i know..

the scroll wheel, too?

AmigaDragon

She has a mouse problem? Looking at the rant I see nothing. Do they get archived to see what was previously said?

Quote from: Turnsky on April 14, 2010, 11:21:18 AM
Quote from: danman on April 14, 2010, 10:03:54 AM

you would be horrified at the amount of gunk that collects in all mice.

It's amazing how much dust and cat hair gets inside an optical mouse. I'm not sure if it's a little of that still (after cleaning out the mouse) causing my left button to multi-click or if it's just the switch going bad on me (like another mouse did, with the same potential cause).
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Mao

Nah, last I checked she wasn't cool with them being archived.  She gave a reason, but to be frank I can't remember it.  Long story short she doesn't archive them, but I know a few folks around here who might...

Turnsky

Quote from: Mao Laoren on April 14, 2010, 12:32:11 PM
Nah, last I checked she wasn't cool with them being archived.  She gave a reason, but to be frank I can't remember it.  Long story short she doesn't archive them, but I know a few folks around here who might...

which, if you think about it, is kinda creepy... really, if Amber wanted to archive her rants, she'd have something like livejournal or have a blogger embedded in her website.

Prof B Hunnydew

And this what Keeps Amber up every...night.... :mowcookie
PBH

Toast

I don't have the arm strength to keep my hand floating above my desk in the shape of a mouse for more than 10 minutes at a time  :mowtongue Otherwise I'd be all over that thingy!

DMFA reader since 2000!

Naldru

As I recall, the reason that she didn't want her rants archived was that they were rants based on the occurrences of the day and that she sometimes found them embarrassing when examined at a later date.  If she felt that they would be around forever, she would have felt inhibited in her comments and less likely to post rants. 
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Bjalf

Quote from: Turnsky on April 14, 2010, 01:04:05 PM

which, if you think about it, is kinda creepy...

Well, it's not as if we stalk her or anything ... wait ... never mind.

:stalk

Anker Steadfast

Oh hey, I resent that - Stalking's difficult!!
You, like, have to get outside 'n' everything.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Turnsky

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on April 16, 2010, 12:50:52 PM
Oh hey, I resent that - Stalking's difficult!!
You, like, have to get outside 'n' everything.

and considering those who'd really want to archive amber's logs aren't even good enough to burst into flames when they hit direct sunlight..

instead they sparkle  >:3

Anker Steadfast

Ugh, yeah ... those sparkles really hurt the eyes.  :<

ooklah

Back to the topic at hand, why does it look like they used paint to put it on her hand in two of those other images? It makes me think this is not a real product.
<wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka>
"Why no, officer, I am not made of pancakes."

Arapaima

I find that trackballs are real nice. Easy to clean, no moving parts to jam and once you get used to them you'll never go back.
Someone will remember you, sometime.
Just try and sleep with the music on, all the time.
Well I'm sorry kid, tonight you sleep outside.

Naldru

Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.