04/11/10 [DMFA #1104] - Kria's Haty Adventures

Started by Lisky, April 10, 2010, 10:52:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Naldru

I believe that this strip indicates that Kria did indeed have a violent past.  Since she is talking to herself, there is nobody to deceive in this scene.  Of course, Kria could always be deceiving herself.  It also suggested that sometime within the past hundred years, Kria had a change in the course of her life.

Of course, this strip indicates that she still has a healthy appetite.  A while back, however, I suggested that the guide might have been the one killing the local farmers.

Like the two-headed dog in Dungeons and Denizens, Kria may be a secret force for good.  However, that doesn't mean that she's not a monster.

Edit:

Joshofspam, I agree that that strip is very appropriate, but part of the reason that it is especially appropriate to this situation is one you didn't mention.  She didn't kill Lorenda's father simply because he was cheating on her, but because he was trying to use her in some sort of scheme.  We don't know what the scheme was, and I hesitate to speculate in print at this point in time.  However, it should be mentioned that she was apparently mellowing out:  the surrounding countryside survived.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

joshofspam

Quote from: Naldru on April 15, 2010, 07:53:21 AM
I believe that this strip indicates that Kria did indeed have a violent past.  Since she is talking to herself, there is nobody to deceive in this scene.  Of course, Kria could always be deceiving herself.  It also suggested that sometime within the past hundred years, Kria had a change in the course of her life.

Of course, this strip indicates that she still has a healthy appetite.  A while back, however, I suggested that the guide might have been the one killing the local farmers.

Like the two-headed dog in Dungeons and Denizens, Kria may be a secret force for good.  However, that doesn't mean that she's not a monster.

I think #339: Very sympathetic is also a good indication of she can still be wrathful and gives another account of what happend to Daddy deadest
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Lego3400

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 15, 2010, 06:23:03 AM
Quote from: Lego3400 on April 15, 2010, 03:16:16 AM
I'm not sure. Couldn't have taken more then an hour. I didn't really time myself. Seemed like forever though (Hence why I skipped a few characters like Cyra and pretty much anyone who died in Abel's Story)

Ah, that explains "Arryana" (Aaryanna), "Albinon" (Albanion), "Ainz" (Aniz), "Destina" (Destania), and the lack of names on Jyjy's sisters.

Interesting image, though.

Jy's Sister's I listed as a group on purpose. Too many and very minor.

Brunhidden

this is beginign to remind me of those simpsons posters that have a chart on the back so you can play trivia on who the hell half of them are
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

psilorder

Edit:

Joshofspam, I agree that that strip is very appropriate, but part of the reason that it is especially appropriate to this situation is one you didn't mention.  She didn't kill Lorenda's father simply because he was cheating on her, but because he was trying to use her in some sort of scheme.  We don't know what the scheme was, and I hesitate to speculate in print at this point in time.  However, it should be mentioned that she was apparently mellowing out:  the surrounding countryside survived.

where do you get scheme from? it simply sais he was lying to her, which likely was that he was lying about being faithful/only seeing her.

Caswin

I believe that this strip indicates that Kria did indeed have a violent past.  Since she is talking to herself, there is nobody to deceive in this scene.  Of course, Kria could always be deceiving herself.  It also suggested that sometime within the past hundred years, Kria had a change in the course of her life.

Of course, this strip indicates that she still has a healthy appetite.  A while back, however, I suggested that the guide might have been the one killing the local farmers.
I always took #287 as pretty solid evidence.

"She killed over twelve beings!!"
"Yeah... shame... pay a fine and stuff..."
"You still take checks, right?"

...and between the way they phrase it and Kria's own reputation, that sounds like just one incident among many.
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

joshofspam

Quote from: psilorder on April 15, 2010, 03:11:09 PM

Edit:

where do you get scheme from? it simply sais he was lying to her, which likely was that he was lying about being faithful/only seeing her.

Don't know if the only promises broken were of the usual promises between lovers or grand conspirators.

However I would say at least in Kria's defence she felt that taking him to court was too cruel. That does show some restraint on Kria's part and of course the damage was contained to the farm it seems if their were people to search for body parts.

I have seen what attending court does to people and it makes both sided get ugly after a time, emotional trauma, vicious attacks by either side of an argument. My mom has a terminal illness that left her lungs in a mess. so now my mom is slowly dying and my ex-step dad has the nerve to shack up and start courting his old high school sweet heart. Yeah and courts can really get ugly because their all black and white and some of the lies and tricks he pulled have left me kind of bland on trust in the system.

Getting health insurance so my mom can't get the help she need and then getting life insurance for both of us so he can come out of it like a bandit. Yeah you chew him Kria, you chew him at least a hundred times before you swallow
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Drayco84

More like, this is a case of Even Evil Has Standards.
Don't look it up of TV tropes. DO! NOT! LOOK! IT! UP! ON! TVTROPES!
You looked it up didn't you? Didn't I warn you about NOT looking it up?!

EDIT: Anyway, at least my mom won't have THAT problem with my dad...
(A little knowledge of botany can be extremely dangerous...)
And no, I'm not saying any more.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Caswin on April 15, 2010, 04:30:33 PM
I always took #287 as pretty solid evidence.

"She killed over twelve beings!!"
"Yeah... shame... pay a fine and stuff..."
"You still take checks, right?"

...and between the way they phrase it and Kria's own reputation, that sounds like just one incident among many.

Personally, I think that was Regina they were talking about.  She killed a dozen Beings, and until very recently lived in disgrace under Kria's care.  I figure we're seeing Kria pay the fine for the "Regina's Story" incident.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Drayco84

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 15, 2010, 05:22:19 PM
Personally, I think that was Regina they were talking about.  She killed a dozen Beings, and until very recently lived in disgrace under Kria's care.  I figure we're seeing Kria pay the fine for the "Regina's Story" incident.
You're forgetting about the guide Kira and Lorenda had on their nature walk, and the pizza guy that visited Jyrras's place at the wrong time...

Considering that she's supposed to be a "not as bad as so-and-so" example, that's not too terrible...

Heck, I think even Lorenda's eaten a being or two somewhere down the line... Oh... Here we are.[url]

Tapewolf

Quote from: Drayco84 on April 15, 2010, 07:04:18 PM
You're forgetting about the guide Kira and Lorenda had on their nature walk, and the pizza guy that visited Jyrras's place at the wrong time...
That's not really what I was trying to get at.  I know she's done those things, and killed her husband - I'm not making excuses for Kria or trying to defend her, though I suppose it does look like it.  I just happen to believe that strip 287 is referring to Regina's killing spree and not one of Kria's.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Anker Steadfast

On a sidenote, didn't Jyrras also create a sentient robot ?

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Bjalf

Quote from: candide on April 12, 2010, 06:48:59 PM
Now, from the moment Dan started his date with Matilda, I had this vision of Kria having a mother-daughter confrontation with Lorenda.  It started on panel 1 with Kria asking Lorenda about the truth, Lorenda hostilely defending the lie she told in panel 2, and panel 3 having Kria react with, "You lied to me to get what you wanted?  I'm so proud of you!"

Yeees, but it's not particularly demonic, is it? It's sneaky and underhanded, rather how an angel would do it.

"You're an angel, Lorenda!"
"Sorry, mom."

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: Bjalf on April 16, 2010, 06:07:12 AM"You're an angel, Lorenda!"
"Sorry, mom."

That's just perfect, now come back down here and throw a tantrum in this room full of expensive ming vases!

:D

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Lego3400 on April 15, 2010, 03:06:19 AM
It has. Behold this relationship charrt I just made . Right click and hit view for a larger veiw.

[big convoluted chart]

Hasn't Lorenda already moved out of Jyrras' place and back home with Kria?

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 15, 2010, 07:15:35 PM
I know she's done those things, and killed her husband -

When have... oh never mind  :mowwink
Quote from: Anker Steadfast on April 15, 2010, 11:49:09 PM
On a sidenote, didn't Jyrras also create a sentient robot ?

Have we even seen yet what it is? I think all we know is that it's some kind of sentient technology, not necessarily a robot (yet?).
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Vicorus

Quote from: AmigaDragon on April 18, 2010, 04:05:32 PM

Speaking from what I can deduce from http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_1106.php, I would say that Lorenda isn't living with Kria. Doesn't seem to make sense to ask about dinner if they're living in the same house.

Bjalf

Quote from: Vicorus on April 18, 2010, 04:32:28 PM
Quote from: AmigaDragon on April 18, 2010, 04:05:32 PM

Speaking from what I can deduce from http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_1106.php, I would say that Lorenda isn't living with Kria. Doesn't seem to make sense to ask about dinner if they're living in the same house.

It was just brought up as a possibility in the Light Lunch arc. Also, the possibility that Lorenda should murder Jyrras, and Kria help with the cover-up.

It's good to have options.

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Vicorus on April 18, 2010, 04:32:28 PM

I think Kria was just so impatient about setting it up that she didn't want to wait til she got home to make sure Lorenda would be there. In Return of Dark Pegasus it appears Lorenda has moved back home... or was she just there to assist in raising Uncle Aliph?
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: AmigaDragon on April 21, 2010, 03:19:00 AM
Quote from: Vicorus on April 18, 2010, 04:32:28 PMSpeaking from what I can deduce from http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_1106.php, I would say that Lorenda isn't living with Kria. Doesn't seem to make sense to ask about dinner if they're living in the same house.
I think Kria was just so impatient about setting it up that she didn't want to wait til she got home to make sure Lorenda would be there. In Return of Dark Pegasus it appears Lorenda has moved back home... or was she just there to assist in raising Uncle Aliph?

I think she was just visiting her mother.

D'ymkarra

Quote from: Drayco84 on April 15, 2010, 07:04:18 PM

Considering that she's supposed to be a "not as bad as so-and-so" example, that's not too terrible...

Heck, I think even Lorenda's eaten a being or two somewhere down the line... Oh... Here we are.[url]

You're also forgetting the gardener, who Kria claimed she mistook for an assasin of some sort. A bit of a reach, but it goes to show her intentions aren't always evil-driven.
'It'd be such an honour, to be personally smacked upside the head by the artist herself' - Bjalf