04/11/10 [DMFA #1104] - Kria's Haty Adventures

Started by Lisky, April 10, 2010, 10:52:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeffh4

Quote from: joshofspam on April 11, 2010, 02:30:49 PM
Quote from: Bjalf on April 11, 2010, 01:56:24 PM
Quote from: joshofspam on April 11, 2010, 01:37:17 PM
This whole thing could backfire and Kria might tell her daughter it isn't nice to lie.

They're demons. Demons don't do "nice". It's all about power, and lies can be very powerful.

That's if there isn't a difference between a demon politics lie and a lie between family.

That brings up an interesting question. If/when she realizes Lorenda lied to her, will that impress her or enrage her?  "Lorenda, dear, part of me wants to hug you for being so evil as to lie to your own mother. The other part wants to strangle you for the same reason. . . . . so I'll do both!"

Quote from: Drayco84 on April 11, 2010, 02:44:07 PM
I'm going to have to disagree with the majority of the forum here. Dan looks annoyed. Note the narrowed eyes, the single strand of hair out of place, and the thin-lipped frown.
Dan also realizes that he could have been taken out easily by Kria if she had wanted to.  She had the full element of surprise and chose not to clobber him.  He won't be attacking her until she has had her say.  Plus now he feels he needs to protect Matilda from Kria and her wacko family.  I expect he'd rather do that through talking rather than conflict.

Now, I wouldn't ever expect Kria to use Matilda's safety as leverage over Dan.  Why that would be. . .would be pure evil!!!   :)

Mao

Quote from: Rambon on April 11, 2010, 11:41:13 PM
I personally wonder if amber planned this before hand... or if she came up with this after reading the forums?

While I can say that I have no idea how she came up with this (and won't bother to ask) I know that she does on rare occasion take inspiration from the forum.  However, more often than not she's already got this stuff well planned out.  Better to assume it had nothing to do with anything we suggested.

Rambon

Quote from: Mao Laoren on April 12, 2010, 05:37:17 AM
While I can say that I have no idea how she came up with this (and won't bother to ask) I know that she does on rare occasion take inspiration from the forum.  However, more often than not she's already got this stuff well planned out.  Better to assume it had nothing to do with anything we suggested.

Good Point, but honestly... how long (or better question, how many topics) have we pondered about this question? It's ether Amber answering us ~or~ Amber plotting out what our brain-patterns would think before we actually think?

Les

On Dan's current level of Danger.

Pre-Cubi Dan slew Dark Pegasus multiple times.  Post-Cubi Dan without weapons or adequate planning or anything but raw instinctual knowledge of his powers fought Dark Pegasus to a draw and one-shotted Regina.  I don't think Dan is going to seriously be on the menu, though comedic injury may still be in the cards.

On Kria about Dan 'cheating'.

For some reason, and I'm probably reading too much into Kria's past behavior and assuming too much, I get the impression that Kria wouldn't be all that averse to polyamory.. assuming everyone was on the same page reguarding that.  Lorenda's Dad probably fed Kria a bunch of lovey-dovey lines about having and holding and forever and only... then she caught him shacked-up with some strange girl.   That would be a devouring offense right there, not that he was playing the field.. but that he was doing it while leading her on that they were 'an item'.

Being pregnant with Lorenda at the time could have been an added factor.
Long live Space Race, Long live... Molvania!

Mao

Quote from: Rambon on April 12, 2010, 05:50:40 AM
Good Point, but honestly... how long (or better question, how many topics) have we pondered about this question? It's ether Amber answering us ~or~ Amber plotting out what our brain-patterns would think before we actually think?

Despite what the vast majority of the forum seems to think, she's not some evil genius, god, or mind reader.  She's just a regular woman with a big creative streak.  So's her husband.. minus the woman part.. though knowing him he'd still find a way to make that work.  A lot of this stuff she just has planned out already, particularly the major plot points.  She's not one to be influenced because of this.  She has a story to tell, she knows more or less how she wants it to play out and next to nothing will change that.  Some small stuff can shift but I don't think anything we say or do will amount to anything more than a small nod here and there.  This isn't to say that the story doesn't deserve analysis, but more that trying to get things inserted or bent to our ideas are a waste of time.  She's got a plan that's been around for a while and she's going to mostly follow it.  Though knowing her she'll wander off the trail a few times and/or take the longest possible route to get there... what's that?  Abel's Story was only supposed to be 100 pages?  Sure thing Mrs. Williams. XP

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Mao Laoren on April 12, 2010, 06:12:10 AM
So's her husband.. minus the woman part.. though knowing him he'd still find a way to make that work.

*giggle*
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Naldru

Look, Archie has dated both Betty and Veronica for years and nobody has suggested that those comics have been anything but G rated.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Scow2

I don't think Kria has any intention of harming Dan because:
a.) She'd never get the chance to sleep with him, unless...  :grave :yuck
And
b.) He's a famous Demonslayer... While she had the jump on him, she blew her surprise round on calling out to him. If she decides to attack him, Dan's wings could defend himself long enough to draw the swords his outfit is large enough for a Ti'Fiona to conceal. Those who think it would be less humorous to see him win don't seem to have considered the comedy potential of Kria surprisingly losing to Dan, nor the number of punchlines able to be milked from each shift of the battle's favor toward Dan.
c.) She'd deprive Lorenda of the glory of avenging herself against her 'unfaithful boyfriend'.

A. Lurker

Quote from: joshofspam on April 11, 2010, 02:30:49 PMBut I will say that Kria did have a bull for a time that she caught cheating on her and so she ate him along with the person he was seeing behind her, so she might be checking out if Dan is doing the same here.

Now why would Kria think that Dan thought Matilda cheated on him, and with whom? And does she really consider him the people-eating kind of person?

I guess we'll find out on Friday...same DMFA-time, same DMFA-channel! :D

SquirrelWizard

Of course she could understand that Dan and Lorenda's relationship was born of necessity, but is going to intevene on Lorenda's behalf on general principle.
Update Status: Zombified

<Tezkat> Talking to yourself is a sign of impending mental collapse.
<SquirrelWizard> I talk to myself all the time, and I'm the sanest guy I know.

<TotalBiscuit> Upgrades! Upgrades! Upgrades! Its wacky-waving-inflatable-arm waving... nuclear missile... well, suppose that works...

Prof B Hunnydew

Quote from: Scow2 on April 12, 2010, 08:58:36 AM
I don't think Kria has any intention of harming Dan because:

c.) She'd deprive Lorenda of the glory of avenging herself against her 'unfaithful boyfriend'.

Kria loves her daughter and would give her chance of avenging herself first, just to "training" her into a good evil demon. 

PBH

candide

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 11, 2010, 12:38:58 PMTrue, but having gone to such trouble to save Dan's life, not telling him how this was achieved would be a major - that is, potentially life-threatening - slip on Lorenda's part.  I still think he was told off-screen.  I guess we'll find out on Friday.
Curse you, Amber, for your cliffhangers!!!!   :mowwink

Quote from: Bjalf on April 11, 2010, 01:56:24 PM
Quote from: joshofspam on April 11, 2010, 01:37:17 PMThis whole thing could backfire and Kria might tell her daughter it isn't nice to lie.

They're demons. Demons don't do "nice". It's all about power, and lies can be very powerful.
Now, from the moment Dan started his date with Matilda, I had this vision of Kria having a mother-daughter confrontation with Lorenda.  It started on panel 1 with Kria asking Lorenda about the truth, Lorenda hostilely defending the lie she told in panel 2, and panel 3 having Kria react with, "You lied to me to get what you wanted?  I'm so proud of you!"

Maark30

Quote from: candide on April 12, 2010, 06:48:59 PM

Now, from the moment Dan started his date with Matilda, I had this vision of Kria having a mother-daughter confrontation with Lorenda.  It started on panel 1 with Kria asking Lorenda about the truth, Lorenda hostilely defending the lie she told in panel 2, and panel 3 having Kria react with, "You lied to me to get what you wanted?  I'm so proud of you!"

Now that is a great idea  :mowcookie
Proud member of the "Let the artist know how much you love her work" club

Azexu

Quote from: Shachza on April 12, 2010, 12:23:13 AMrandom, gratuitous Depantsu.

Definitely something I wouldn't mind seeing more of in this comic  >:3

Naldru

Random, gratuitous, depantsu would definitely be ineffective with Matilda.

Now a girl's night out with Wildy, Kria, Matilda, and Lorenda would be interesting and they could discuss the situation with their problems with the male characters.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

kaskar

8)  Maybe she is checking, for her Lorenda, if this adventurer's sword is sharp enough ...
8) Just Hanging Around ...

Anker Steadfast

/crazy theory

Kria abducts Dan, strips him of his clothes, leaving him with only a loincloth.
Then she goes to Lorenda's house (aka. Jy-Jy manor) and straps him to the bed, with roses and chocolate next to him.
She also leaves a little letter explaining how he has cheated on Lorenda with Matilda.
After she leaves, Jyrras comes home, finding Dan tied to his bed, in only a loincloth with roses and chocolate draped all over him!!

Will he be able to resist?

/end crazy theory

Oh man, sometimes making crazy theories is the best. :D

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Brunhidden

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on April 13, 2010, 12:51:15 PM
/crazy theory

Then she goes to Lorenda's house (aka. Jy-Jy manor) and straps him to the bed, with roses and chocolate next to him.
She also leaves a little letter explaining how he has cheated on Lorenda with Matilda.
After she leaves, Jyrras comes home, finding Dan tied to his bed, in only a loincloth with roses and chocolate draped all over him!!

Will he be able to resist?

/end crazy theory

Oh man, sometimes making crazy theories is the best. :D

its already a love trapezoid, lets not make it more complex or we will hit soap opera levels
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

A. Lurker

Quote from: Brunhidden on April 13, 2010, 01:23:11 PM
its already a love trapezoid, lets not make it more complex or we will hit soap opera levels

'Will'? :mowwink

Anker Steadfast

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Azexu

Quote from: Naldru on April 13, 2010, 07:43:21 AM
Random, gratuitous, depantsu would definitely be ineffective with Matilda.

Now a girl's night out with Wildy, Kria, Matilda, and Lorenda would be interesting...

I was thinking more of Abel and Dan (I'm more in line with Jyrras than with Pyroduck in such matters).

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Maark30 on April 11, 2010, 03:21:27 PM
Well in defense of Kria's action toward her late husband and his home wreker, you must remember she was pregnant at the time he strayed so emotions were high.
And again I ask, where do we ever see evidence that Kria was ever married?

Quote from: joshofspam on April 11, 2010, 02:30:49 PMBut I will say that Kria did have a bull for a time that she caught cheating on her...
At least one here besides me isn't assuming facts not in evidence.

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on April 13, 2010, 12:51:15 PM
/crazy theory

Small problem with that... hasn't Lorenda moved back home with Kria?
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Traveller

I'm betting it's a MAGIC hat.  Planted there conveniently to keep an eye on Dan!  Or maybe it works kind of like the hats in Erfworld, but that's getting waaay out there.

Hey, if you bet on something totally random, you look really cool on the off-chance it somehow turns out to be true.

( hat, magic hat, MA-GIC hat, magic hat, MA-GIC o/` Put that hatty spell on me o/`)

Les

Something that just occurred to me.  Lorenda never met her father, the 'incident' having happened before she was born.  All we have as evidence of what happened to him is Lorenda's second-hand account and Kria's reputation.

Arcblade

Quote from: Les on April 14, 2010, 05:43:57 PM
Something that just occurred to me.  Lorenda never met her father, the 'incident' having happened before she was born.  All we have as evidence of what happened to him is Lorenda's second-hand account and Kria's reputation.

So...?  You think her father's still alive or something? 

Lego3400

Quote from: A. Lurker on April 13, 2010, 04:23:09 PM

It has. Behold this relationship charrt I just made . Right click and hit view for a larger veiw.

Jairus

Quote from: Lego3400 on April 15, 2010, 03:06:19 AM
Quote from: A. Lurker on April 13, 2010, 04:23:09 PM

It has. Behold this relationship charrt I just made . Right click and hit view for a larger veiw.

:erk
That's impressive. How long did that take you?

PS: This reminds me of the chart that shows the chain of sexual relationships that connects Tony Stark to Galactus.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Lego3400

Quote from: Jairus on April 15, 2010, 03:10:17 AM
:erk
That's impressive. How long did that take you?

PS: This reminds me of the chart that shows the chain of sexual relationships that connects Tony Stark to Galactus.

I'm not sure. Couldn't have taken more then an hour. I didn't really time myself. Seemed like forever though (Hence why I skipped a few characters like Cyra and pretty much anyone who died in Abel's Story)

Les

Quote from: Arcblade on April 14, 2010, 10:59:30 PM
Quote from: Les on April 14, 2010, 05:43:57 PM

So...?  You think her father's still alive or something? 

A possibility.  More importantly, have we ever actually seen direct evidence of Kria being massively and wantonly violent?

The idea being, and I admit I mostly base my impression of Kria in Abel's story on this, that her 'bark' is worse than her 'bite'.  She's not so much the rampaging bloodthirsty demon-thing she makes herself out to be.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Lego3400 on April 15, 2010, 03:16:16 AM
I'm not sure. Couldn't have taken more then an hour. I didn't really time myself. Seemed like forever though (Hence why I skipped a few characters like Cyra and pretty much anyone who died in Abel's Story)

Ah, that explains "Arryana" (Aaryanna), "Albinon" (Albanion), "Ainz" (Aniz), "Destina" (Destania), and the lack of names on Jyjy's sisters.

Interesting image, though.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears