03/27/10 [Clan Leaders 12] - Hope springs eternal

Started by Jairus, March 26, 2010, 03:04:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Psaakyrn

Quote from: AmigaDragon on March 26, 2010, 03:18:15 AM
Interesting, the clan quirk is that there is no clan quirk. :mowdizzy

Can't have a clan quirk without a clan to have quirks with.
Someone in the valley calls out to me;
A voice from the past, fading out fast;
Am I to be wary, do I have to be;
I just know, I have to be there.

jeffh4

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on March 26, 2010, 10:17:25 AM
Yes, but then you could also have a look at the footnote of her page, it says you cannot convert other members into her clan without a non-tri-wing member there. Seems to me that Amber *really* doesn't want the Fa'Lina clan revived. And she's going trough hoops to keep it that way.

Quote from: Madd the Sane on March 26, 2010, 11:26:00 AM
As far as trying to make a clone from Fa'lina: impossible. From one of her deceased children... >:3

Just as an idea, here's how Jyrras could create a new member of Fa'Lina's clan.  Take DNA/energy readings of a Cubi before and after conversion to a different clan to understand the process.  Borrow required DNA stretches from Fa'Lina or a dead decendent of hers. Get energy readings from Fa'Lina.  Apply to target Cubi 'volunteer' (maybe Aniz just to piss him off).  And presto!  Clan is now viable again.  

The two major flaws in this proposal are that Jyrras would suddenly get massive amounts of attention from folks he would rather not be known to, and, let's face it, his record for genetic experiments is a bit spotty at best (Mows and DeathBringer for starters).

Infranscia

Quote from: Mao Laoren on March 26, 2010, 12:48:29 PM
Quote from: Balades_Wife on March 26, 2010, 12:45:03 PMThere is something to be said about taking out the easy targets first.
~K.

^This.  When your goal is total annihilation of a race, it stands to reason that the parts of the race that are peaceful in nature are going to fall first.  The ones that are more aggressive and used to fighting aren't likely going to fall as easily.

Also, there's a strategy in taking out the healers/support.  Once those are gone, it's difficult to save people from dying of injuries and sickness.  Anyone who runs a lot of dungeons in WoW will know that once the healer dies, everyone else dies.

Another proof that this is breaking the laws of timeline, etc.: According to Fa'Lina's cast page, no one knows her affinity.  Since Mink wouldn't know her affinity, this is another thing that shows that the 'Mink report' is just something to be silly.

Heh... Fa'Lina's quote on her cast page includes the word 'hope.'  Considering the context, that would show more on why she's not entirely peaceful.

Fun to see that I'm not the only one wanting to hug Fa'Lina.  :hug  I would like to see her reaction to all the hugs and gifts.  I mean, I have a good guess of what it would be, but I would still like to see it.  :mowsmile
Please excuse the watermarked avatar.  I haven't bothered to fix it yet.  (Still, thanks to PetFriendAmy for the original pic!)

RandomMetaphysics

Hope... that's a nice one.
So that's why Pyroduck's father betrayed Fa'Lina :U
But seriously, just... wow. Just because Fa'Lina did not reveal the location of one person, her entire clan has to pay?

Augh. Apparantly, Pyrdoduck's father doesn't know the meaning of the words "restraint," or "overkill."

VAE

Well i guess mink did not know it before he read it in a book.
I think the cast pages refer just to the rest of cast mentioned - mink is a character from abel's story not the main comic
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

VAE

Quote from: RandomMetaphysics on March 26, 2010, 01:27:05 PM
So... that's why Pyroduck's father betrayed Fa'Lina.
But come on... just because Fa'Lina did not reveal the location of one person, her clan has to pay?

Augh. Apparantly, Pyrdoduck's father doesn't   meaning of the words "restraint," or "overkill."

Well it is not  said he did it personally - more like he betrayed her, and allowed the others to act...
who were only glad to take out the support cubi....
Once again, too much trust is too much.
*Holds fingers for Dee and her dragoncide plot*
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Mao

A way to think of this that might help:  This is kinda like an actor giving an exposition on his character and the others cast members characters in an interview.  Mink is acting 'ooc' in this report stuff (though there is still the silliness of him having to do it as a report for school).

I guess you could say that this is 'Out of Continuity' for both Abel's Story and the Main Comic.

RandomMetaphysics

Quote from: danman on March 26, 2010, 01:27:39 PM
I think the cast pages refer just to the rest of cast mentioned - mink is a character from abel's story not the main comic

Yes, but Devin also appeared in Abel's story if I recall correctly, and then later appeared in the main comic.

Quote from: danman on March 26, 2010, 01:29:39 PM
Quote from: RandomMetaphysics on March 26, 2010, 01:27:05 PM
So... that's why Pyroduck's father betrayed Fa'Lina.
But come on... just because Fa'Lina did not reveal the location of one person, her clan has to pay?

Augh. Apparantly, Pyrdoduck's father doesn't   meaning of the words "restraint," or "overkill."

Well it is not  said he did it personally - more like he betrayed her, and allowed the others to act...
who were only glad to take out the support cubi....
Once again, too much trust is too much.
*Holds fingers for Dee and her dragoncide plot*
Not all dragons! What about Pyroduck? He's nice :U

joshofspam

Quote from: danman on March 26, 2010, 01:27:39 PM

Maybe no one thought about looking it up in a book before.

You'd be surprised how much information is  missed just because they only use the internet.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Feather Dancer

Quote from: Infranscia on March 26, 2010, 01:25:43 PM
Another proof that this is breaking the laws of timeline, etc.: According to Fa'Lina's cast page, no one knows her affinity.  Since Mink wouldn't know her affinity, this is another thing that shows that the 'Mink report' is just something to be silly.

You're kinda confusing affinity and food here. Because this is a demo page, Hope is correct. Her nomming preference however is probably legitly unknown.
Notalope, making all worries as tasty as pineapples.

VAE

Quote from: RandomMetaphysics on March 26, 2010, 01:31:56 PM

Yes, but Devin also appeared in Abel's story if I recall correctly, and then later appeared in the main comic.

But mink has not yet, and if he will either the cast page will be revised or it will not be :D

Not all dragons! What about Pyroduck? He's nice :U
Do you know what collateral damage is ?  :mwaha
Quote from: Feather Dancer on March 26, 2010, 01:35:10 PM

You're kinda confusing affinity and food here. Because this is a demo page, Hope is correct. Her nomming preference however is probably legitly unknown.

Ehm,., muffins?
Saphroneth

Feather Dancer

Quote from: danman on March 26, 2010, 01:35:46 PM

Ehm,., muffins?

True (Had forgotten as it's been a long time sicne they were brought up) but might not honestly be well known that she does appear to like them. Tho it might not be her absolute favourite mean there's a lot we don't see "off camera". She could be a massive popcorn fan instead, or muffin flavoured popcorn, you never know!
Notalope, making all worries as tasty as pineapples.

joshofspam

Quote from: Feather Dancer on March 26, 2010, 01:40:29 PM
Quote from: danman on March 26, 2010, 01:35:46 PM

Ehm,., muffins?

True (Had forgotten as it's been a long time sicne they were brought up) but might not honestly be well known that she does appear to like them. Tho it might not be her absolute favourite mean there's a lot we don't see "off camera". She could be a massive popcorn fan instead, or muffin flavoured popcorn, you never know!

Maybe Fa'lina's infinity is the big clencher of this test.

It would be quite ammusing after we go through all the the Clan leaders that at grading that Mink is the only one that passes because he got th fifty point question of Fa'lina's affinity.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Aurawyn

Hrm... Well that little note explains why Fa'lina didn't convert others to her clan....

Have we seen Aary's Clan leader yet?

And now...  and What clan was Cyra part of before she attained tri-wing status? I mean I assume that they have to be part of another clan before the do that....

*wild speculation*

Maybe she was a daughter (or a distant relative) of Fa'lina.. and she caused the death of Fa'lina's clan to get to Tri-wing status....  But then.. why would Fa'lina protect Destaian and Dan.. Unless she was capable of forgiving them of Cyra's actions...

*ponders*

VAE

Aary's-clan-leader-is-thousands-years-dead
She has no wingheads, so it is obvious even if you had not read her livejournal

Besides i strongly doubt the last - Fa'lina is nice, but not stupid -  i guess that if cyra did that she would exterminate her personally
Saphroneth

Anker Steadfast

If Fa'Lina's clan had any members, their clan quirk would probably be ... ooo ... muffin!

Om nom nom nom nom nom ...

:D

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Morgan

I kind of wonder if it's possible to descend from tri-wing status at will?

Granted, with all the precautions Amber seems to have taken in making clan Fa'Lina a one-woman operation, it may never happen even if it were possible. And it would be extremely dangerous both to SAIA and her own life if she did it, so it wouldn't be a risk she would take unless she were somehow secure.

But I wonder. Maybe one day, far in the future, given my hypothesis to be correct, there will be other little hopelings running about. :)

Trazz

Quote from: Alondro on March 26, 2010, 07:47:22 AM
Fa'lina = Sasuke from Naruto!

Which must mean that the ultimate bad guy is ALSO actually from her clan but IN DISGUISE, like Tobi actually being Uchiha Madara!!!  

You need to do spoiler alerts, some of us haven't watched the entire series yet!!!  D:<

Sind

Quote from: danman on March 26, 2010, 10:33:43 AM
This gives rise to the question, what exactly must one do to convert another clan member to own clan if in requires another member....

Actually, Amber has already answered that in a previous thread =/
Don't remember how it went, though...

VAE

Quote from: Morgan on March 26, 2010, 03:05:02 PM

Ugh! Somebody to do that would nominate for furrean darwin award!
(Oh wait - they Gain the ability to reproduce that way.... we need a new award!)
Saphroneth

D'ymkarra

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on March 26, 2010, 02:58:32 PM
If Fa'Lina's clan had any members, their clan quirk would probably be ... ooo ... muffin!

Om nom nom nom nom nom ...

:D
I'm guessing in Fa'Lina's case, as long as there are muffins, there is hope...

Has anyone else noticed that Fa'Lina's clan symbol is vaguely similar to the Eyes of Horus?
'It'd be such an honour, to be personally smacked upside the head by the artist herself' - Bjalf

Tapewolf

Quote from: Morgan on March 26, 2010, 03:05:02 PM

I'd say that's very unlikely.  It would be a trivial solution to the reproduction problem, which looks like it's pretty intractable from the way Amber's been handling it.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Morgan

Oh, I agree, but it would be a curious thing.

Looking through the lens of logic, it seems quite obvious to me that Amber has no interest in expanding Fa'Lina's clan, which means she likely has all bases covered on the baby-making front.

But from a fan perspective, I can't help but have a bit of hope for the hope clan, haha.

Scow2

Shachza

Quote from: Scow2 on March 26, 2010, 05:21:23 PM
I say the hope lies in Jycorp...

Or someone with more magic than anyone has a right to.
            <-- #1 that is!

Lyric

Quote from: Scow2 on March 26, 2010, 05:21:23 PM
I say the hope lies in Jycorp...

Agreed - in that vain, too bad the Christmas strips this year were all non-canon. Jy could've used that time machine to go back before the massacre of Fa'lina's clan and bring one of them to the present (or simply warn them about the betrayal before it happens, but that would mess up the past more than bringing someone who would've died otherwise to the future...although bringing the "dead" person to the present would cause problems too)...assuming he could convince one to make the trip. Then again, maybe it's a good thing that his time-travel machine isn't real since time travel can really mess things up...

Tangent

Meh. You guys are overthinking it with the whole "Jyrras cloning" thing.

I just have one question: does Clan Affinity survive being ripped outside of space and time and brought forward seven thousand years or so?

And how does one stop the caterwauling of a dozen or so Cubi children without killing them? oO
Robert A. Howard, Tangents Reviews
http://www.tangents.us

Anri

So, Cyra ascended to tri-wing status which for some yet unknown reason triggered the dragon/cubi war. Fa'lina refused to hand over Cyra to the dragons, her clan was wiped out. The 'cubi in general seemed do be a very doomed race at this point. Then Fa'lina returns, with SAIA, and restores something to all 'cubi. Hope.

Sound about right? :3

VAE

Quote from: Tangent on March 26, 2010, 07:43:01 PM

And how does one stop the caterwauling of a dozen or so Cubi children without killing them? oO
I think Aniz is the expert in that.
Saphroneth

Lyric

Quote from: Tangent on March 26, 2010, 07:43:01 PM
I just have one question: does Clan Affinity survive being ripped outside of space and time and brought forward seven thousand years or so?

Which brings up a couple of questions for me, if time-travel rids a cubi of their Clan Affinity, how does that impact the cubi? Would they lose their powers or at least their clan marking? Would die?