Isn't there a current strip discussion or something?

Started by Gabi, July 12, 2006, 02:21:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabi

In any case, I feel sorry about Link. He's had it much worse than he deserved so far. And how did that woman know he was dead? Or was she just afraid of Bucky? Good thing Bucky doesn't feel the rejection of a stranger.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Darkmoon

Bucky is too cool to care. Bucky is like the Fonse (sp?). Too cool for his own good.

Destina Faroda

Another fan!  Oh joy!

As far as semi-regular discussion goes, I tried to make a Mirror Mirror Plot Arc thread, but like most plot threads around here, it fizzled.  The problem is that other than me, Ilpalazzo, and D himself there really aren't that many dedicated fans who want to post on a regular basis.   That why I promote CVRPG.  Because...you know...discussion is nice, and it spreads the wealth a little.
Sig coming...whenever...

Gabi

Well, I can post on a regular basis if I know I won't be the only one to post about the comic. I made a few posts as a guest (Gabi, but without a proper account) before DMFA moved here and made me join, and ended up learning more about my own religion and proving that I'm anything but a strict follower of it. :P It was interesting.

So yes, we can do that. If the 3 of us start discussing, more may join in after a while.

As for today's strip, it certainly answers the question I made in my first post. Or, rather, invalidates it. XD I liked this twist.

And Katrina reminded me a lot of Amber (I know Amber was her player, but I'm entitled to say it anyway).

Destina Faroda

Indeed, I thought that was wonderful, playing on our expectations of Link being rejected and then turning it into a situation that requires a hero.  It's all in the power of perspective.

I hope Katrina gets a little more focus soon.  Ever since the Vampire Party, she's been underused.  I want more Kat!
Sig coming...whenever...

Darkmoon

Damaris

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Gabi

Hey, nice background on today's strip! Where is it from?

Blac_Slayer

I'm going to hazard a guess that the background for Tales of the Fallen #41 comic came from the DKC series.

Darkmoon

May have. I don't actually write that series. Sindra does.

Gabi

I guess we'll never know for sure, then. Unless Sindra comes forward with the answer.

The 'shades of grey' comment was to be expected, but it was still funny. :)

Darkmoon

Yeah, not my strongest, but there wasn't really a much better joke for that panel...

Gabi

Funny. I'd like to know how they produced such a versatile stick.

Darkmoon

I think it's different sticks. They just so happen to have a bit of overlap. ;)

DragonCub

"The problem is that other than me, Ilpalazzo, and D himself there really aren't that many dedicated fans who want to post on a regular basis. "

I would post more, but I got lost in the transition. I still read the comic everyday though. It brings meaning to my boring work day.

Gabi

Yes, it is funny.

About today's strip... he really never changes, does he?

Darkmoon

Destina Faroda

Well, once upon a time I had the idea that vampires could turn others through sex, but now that Darkmoon's used it, I've given up on it....

...oh wait...I'm posting here...

Damn you for tricking me into coming back and posting.  Don't make any more good comics!
Sig coming...whenever...

Darkmoon

I can't remember if we ever discussed that or not, but I knew someone along the way was going to ask...

Gabi

Hehe. You may not believe me, Destina, but I'm glad you came back.