Of Steam and Steel: OOC (Steampunk RP, Mature) {Open}

Started by Lisky, February 28, 2010, 06:14:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VAE

What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Tapewolf

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on February 18, 2011, 02:45:32 PM
The Black Jackal has FINALLY arived! Welcome, Keaton, it is wonderful to see you active again :mowhappy

Let's hope she's able to sustain it...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Sunblink

Fffff thank you guys. ;_; I hope I can keep up the momentum.

Inumo

I suddenly have the urge to write something. Damn muse, where'd you run off to...

Yugo

Name: Ezekiel "Zeke" Thomas
Race: Being
Species: Snow Leopard
Country of Origin: Aeliseium
Residence: Seeking permanent residence and asylum in Nhylamar

Family
   Father: Captain Tycho Thomas (KIA)
   Mother: Unknown
   Single, with no siblings.

Physical Appearance
   Height: 5'2"
   Weight: 130 lbs
   Hair: Deep black
   Eyes: Blue-Silver

Description: Of a moderate build, Zeke is fairly short, with ill-kempt white fur that is always has soot stains. His hair is spiky, cropped close to his head and held up with a stretchy black headband. He always has a pair of tinted goggles around his neck, and wears a permanent half-smile. He wears a tight black sleeveless shirt, and a black leather stormcoat stolen from an Aeliesian officer, with black dress pants and jack boots. At his hip is a long-barreled percussion-cap revolver in a low-slung holster, and he has a fat workman's belt around his waist littered with tools of various kinds.

Equipment: Zeke has a tool-set Tim Allen would be envious of. He also has a stolen Aeliesian mech with a state of the art diesel engine, approximately twelve feet tall, but with parts being as rare as they are, it is in a state of disrepair. Its weapons are a construction claw meant for grasping and lifting large objects, as well as basic mining duties. On its left arm is a five-shot repeater, with relatively quick-ejecting magazines. It is ill equippped for combat, but Zeke makes do with the skills he possesses.

Non-magical skills: Zeke is an ace mech pilot stuck with sub-par weapons and systems. Given his need to always maitain his own mech, he is a skilled mechanic, particularly in maintenance and jerry-rigging equipment; Zeke can always make a round peg fit in a square hole. Given his fugitive status, he is a survivalist used to working alone, and can salvage parts from the most unlikely places, always finding what he needs.

History: A military brat, Ezekiel was raised by his father on an Aeleisian military base with high expectations. Given his father's officer status, Zeke was put into the mech pilot's academy as soon as possible so he might familiarize himself with the systems early on in life. With no siblings, and no other family members to speak of, Zeke focused his entire life on these machines. He has only been deployed in brief skirmishes, and did not see extensive combat. When he was seventeen, his father was killed in action during the prolonged war with Ahnk'Ator. While trying to investigate the cirumstances surrounding his father's death, Zeke has run into an endless series of "need-to-know" and red tape. Frustrated with his government's inability to be forthcoming as well as Aeliesian xenophobia, he stole one of their top-tier scouting mechs, fleeing to Nhylamar. Ezekiel is still trying to keep a low profile, hoping desperately that the Nhylamar will be willing to grant him asylum in exchange for technological data and blueprints.

Personality: Easy to befriend, but awkward when it comes to anything more serious. Zeke is always cheerful and upbeat, even in desperate situations, and has a dash of arrogance and braggadocio.
https://www.weasyl.com/~boximus<br /><br />My Weasyl!

Lisky

Based on several MIA/missing/dropped players, i'm going to add a person or 2... PM other proposed characters if you're interested in attempting to join.

Welcome aboard Yugo, i'll be adding you in the next GM post :o

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

AmberCross

* AmberCross takes this opportunity to remind Bas again that his character didn't not get updated.

Unless we're just waiting for the other group to sneak in so we can rendevue and team up.

Lisky

i'll do a post in a day or 2... gonna see if there are any other interested peoples for OSaS :o

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Azlan

I posted myself into a spot that requires I post a continuation... I shall do that at some point very soon.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Lisky

With exams finished, i shall be posting a bit more regularly now :o... expect a post at some point by monday.

Tapewolf

AmberCross, FYI Seth's headwings are out.  Both headwings and backwings are in their natural feathery form.  He may switch them back to Demon style once inside the machine, if you want to take the initiative there I'll play along.

AmberCross

Okay, knew they were feathery, couldn't find if the headwings were out. Since we're doing direct character interaction I think we're allowed to do several posts in succession between GM posts to get Seth to that room.

Lisky

yes you can :D

Though, given the free time i've got at the moment, expect GM posts to be a much more common occurrence now :o

Tapewolf

Quote from: AmberCross on May 18, 2011, 09:15:20 PM
Okay, knew they were feathery, couldn't find if the headwings were out. Since we're doing direct character interaction I think we're allowed to do several posts in succession between GM posts to get Seth to that room.

Yeah.  I wasn't sure whether doing that would tread on Bas' toes in terms of whether he wanted to move Nadia first, or whether Seth fails some kind of roll, hits his head instead of going in the vent or something like that.  While he's been running an engineering firm for a number of decades, it's not really for me to say whether he's able to work out the mechanism at first glance.  A lot depends on how much of it is visible to him.

EDIT: It may also help if there is any visible relationship between the timings of the mechanism they can see and the legs which they might also be able to see through the grille, or by flying in and out of the room.

AmberCross

Well the idea is get you there first, then you can look and next GM post tells you how much sense you can make out of it rather than just something like, "So you're inside now. Yup... hallways and stuff."

Tapewolf

Quote from: AmberCross on May 19, 2011, 05:33:36 AM
Well the idea is get you there first, then you can look and next GM post tells you how much sense you can make out of it rather than just something like, "So you're inside now. Yup... hallways and stuff."

Well, right from the beginning I took this game to be one that you don't want to do rash things in if you are at all attached to your character.  So yeah, I've been taking a slow and deliberate approach, lest like in Amber's paranoia game a few years ago, you walk into the lift and find it's an open shaft :P

That and I've been bitched at in a couple of other games for making too many assumptions that what I'm doing succeeds, i.e. powergaming.  But yeah, perhaps I'm being overcautious.

AmberCross

Yes... admittedly I'm new to these RPs where getting your character killed is a significant danger. Good thing Meany works on a warning system. Which is to say unless you do something REALLY stupid, there seems to be at least one GM post telling you that your last course of action was stupid and will probably have consequences.

Most other places I used to RP in were more collective story telling than GM driven I guess. Though it does explain the fact that we had the occasional god modder >.>

Tapewolf

Incidentally, if you shout at Seth he'll snap out of it.

Arroyo Milori

Sorry it too kme a long time to post >_< Been very busy the past weeks but now I am ok. : D

Yugo

Got the plague last week. Lost my voice from coughing by Sunday, but my chest has finally cleared up and I actually feel like living again. Posting shall commence tomorrow.
https://www.weasyl.com/~boximus<br /><br />My Weasyl!

Tapewolf

Heh, I think Paige is going to have a bit of trouble getting into the captain's bed now...

Lisky

i am back from adventures and slowly working the energy to post back up... expect more updates soonish :B

SquirrelWizard

If you will excuse the canned message.

Sorry about my inactivity lately, I've been working through some things, about which I've posted in the villa. I hope to get back to RPing soon.
Update Status: Zombified

<Tezkat> Talking to yourself is a sign of impending mental collapse.
<SquirrelWizard> I talk to myself all the time, and I'm the sanest guy I know.

<TotalBiscuit> Upgrades! Upgrades! Upgrades! Its wacky-waving-inflatable-arm waving... nuclear missile... well, suppose that works...

Tapewolf

Lisky

I was hoping for more attention... i might just finish up a post today, and post if i can't get in touch with a few people i'm waiting on :B

AmberCross

So I am fairly certain these coffee mugs are actually guns of some sort. And yet Chris has little to no technical experience and I'm pretty sure this is how he'd actually react to the situation. So I guess here's to hoping that his naivety didn't just screw things up.

Tapewolf

How far away is Seth from the insectis?  Would he have sensed them approaching the door?  Can he sense others nearby?  How many exits are in the room?

Lisky

Alright, things have been fairly quiet as of late, and i'm feeling ambitious ATM... gonna open OSaS for new submissions, or possible change of cast if any of the existing players desire.  IC post coming along, and should be sent shortly!

Thank for playing! And have fun!

Tapewolf

Quote from: Basilisk on August 26, 2011, 05:18:24 PM
IC post coming along, and should be sent shortly!

I guess we can blame Adam Jensen for the delay? :3

Lisky