Of Steam and Steel: OOC (Steampunk RP, Mature) {Open}

Started by Lisky, February 28, 2010, 06:14:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lisky

Okay, sooo... this has been dead for far too long... I'm going to need a co-gm to help me keep this going more than likely for the rest of this semester.  I've got a good chunk of the restart done.  And by "Restart" i mean, i've moved the story ahead 1 week.  Giving people opportunities to form parties, along with making new characters if they so desire. 

If you want a new character, please Submit them to me via PM, or if you'd rather discuss things, PM me to discuss, or you can send an AIM/Skype/Email where you'd prefer to chat if you'd rather not use the note system here!

Sorry for the delays.  It's been a headache of a few months, difficult, but very rewarding.  Your GM has returned with most of his sanity intact.  Keep on the lookout for the update, it'll appear soonish!

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Inumo

I'm all set. I don't know what you were planning to do with Kathostral, but seeing as he's an adventurer he can be pretty much tossed anywhere.

P.S. Might want to update the player list. :P

littlekreen

I'm ready to go still. unless something in the restart would affect Tonstee I'll go as-is.

techmaster-glitch

Something something oh another "I'm back" something something uh-huh sure. :P

In all seriousness, I suppose I'd be up to continuing... but, I'm still stuck in the same position as last time this was brought up a few posts ago; right in the middle of a battle that had just started. :B

Meany

SquirrelWizard

Update Status: Zombified

<Tezkat> Talking to yourself is a sign of impending mental collapse.
<SquirrelWizard> I talk to myself all the time, and I'm the sanest guy I know.

<TotalBiscuit> Upgrades! Upgrades! Upgrades! Its wacky-waving-inflatable-arm waving... nuclear missile... well, suppose that works...

Tapewolf

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

VAE

What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Meany

So, anyone in the Nhylimar area looking to form a party with the Haien? :U  I gots money and stuff to tempt ye with.

littlekreen

Tonstee's from there, meany, assuming they're both in the same city (I didn't define an origin city) someone that rich probably knows or heard of him scuttling about in the city under works and never going topside.  :spidey

if so, potential in-game knowledge to connect the two follows:
[spoiler]Tonstee would be given to obvious but mostly ignorable habits such as expanding the sewers, occasionally adding unexpected new sub-basements to small buildings then poking a hole in the floor, replacing busted foundations, pilfering unhealthy rare plant life or mundane supplies, etc.

If nothing else by an uncommon antidote for hybrid insectis poison making its way around the marketplace periodically.

Should one have connections as well the keys owned by some folks to underground areas they probably don't like folks wandering near would likely pop up on the rumor radar eventually. Other than being territorial and stinging a few weaklings into a painful and nightmarish LSD trip or writing letters most details of direct interaction with a consummate hermit are most likely born entirely of rumor.

His 5 gauge punt gun makes a heck of a racket underground if having to drive someone out. I imagine since he's probably had to use it at some point whoever of sterner stuff he shot at got an egg-shaped projectile stone upside the brain case.[/spoiler]

Meany

Your offer intrigues me.  But I don't see what exactly I could offer him to make the party worth it to him.  ^^;  My guy is a businessman and really low politician, and yours is a hermit that doesn't like people entering his territory.  Though I -would- love to have such a person in a party with my Haien. :B  What are your terms, good Mantis?

JamesCray

Depending on where the time skip lands him, it would seem somewhat natural that the diplomatic courier from Nhyalamar might end up with the businessman/politician from Nhyalamar, so I'm interested.
I wish the real world would just stop hassling me.
"I work in Fringe Division. Weird is a matter of degrees."

littlekreen

Tonstee might be a territorial hermit by nature but not a steadfastly xenophobic one. I imagine any mail carriers know where his letters pop up so he's not unreachable either. Imagine that if there's a courier for urgent letter sending.  :B *tires letter to brick* *Hurls brick from underground grating* Offer a good deal on hydroponic supplies/rare plants for service of one stripe or another and he'll likely either show up somewhat personable in your basement or if he knows what you look like when the building you're in is empty of other people. Shortly afterward you'd have a new basement to store whatever it gets, heh. Though it'd depend on Basilisk if you get your hands on information related to his queen's location, assuming you did so somehow, he'd show up skittering around looking for it.

Tuyu

I've PM'd my interest in joining to Lisky, but I have a question that shouldn't be a problem to ask:

Does anyone still have that rough map that was posted back when the RP was starting? The file is no longer in Photobucket, and for my character's background, it would be helpful to know what borders what.

Thanks!

Meany

I am afraid i don't, Tuyu.  Sorry. :C

Anyway, Kreen, yes that sounds good.  It sounds like they'd probably meet in the basements of Haien's bathhouse, since it has a lot of herbal waters and perhaps hydroponic plants to make the waters herbal. :p  Basically a mutual 'let's keep an eye out for each other's people of interest'?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Tuyu on February 11, 2013, 06:54:30 PM
Does anyone still have that rough map that was posted back when the RP was starting? The file is no longer in Photobucket, and for my character's background, it would be helpful to know what borders what.

http://tapewolf.wildernessguardians.com/OSaSmap.jpg

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Tuyu