Of Steam and Steel: OOC (Steampunk RP, Mature) {Open}

Started by Lisky, February 28, 2010, 06:14:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lisky

Okay, so... it's been a flurry of interesting things happening the past couple of weeks, and it's done great things for my creativity, but it's also left me in an odd place with regards to OSaS.  That said, i think i've finally cracked that last hurdle that's been holding me back, and i should finish editing this post and have it up before AC (thursday)  It's been close to 2 months since some of you have gotten to do anything in this game, and that's been my bad.

In regards to the game itself, i'm somewhat curious who's still around and interested in keeping it going?  I think the fact that it's taken this long to post highlights my need for a co-gm for the game.  Sooo... ya... Looking at chatting with you some more Ace, and if anyone else would like to go for a tryout run, PM me, and i'll give you something to work with.  After that, it'll be catching you up with where things are headed, and see how adaptable you are to make sure we can work smoothly together.

Again, sorry for the delays... looking forwards to building a little steam and getting this monster off the ground again! :V

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Inumo

I'm still interested in playing, though I'm not sure I could help with GMing. Steampunk is... iffy writing for me.

VAE

I'm still interested in playing.
co-GM... hmm, maybe if my game doesn't end in a total crash, or isn't timingly excessive... I definitely like the world you have built up.
A week or two from now, and we'll see.
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Tapewolf

It may be a little hard getting back in character with Seth after such a gap, but I'm definitely willing to try.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

littlekreen

techmaster-glitch

Still here, though after two months of false promises for starting back up before more wenches and mead snatched you away, I'm not holding my breath. :B

Kafzeil

I'm still here, in the same boat as glitch.Pun not intended.
Real men wear Hats.<br /><br />Raz: Lili! An evil madman is building a fleet of psycho-death tanks to take over the world, and we\'re the only ones who can stop him! <br />Lili Zanotto: OH MY GOD! Let\'s make out! -Psychonauts

rammenstein

Boom.

AmberCross

Well this being the summer I should have the time to let my creativity keep running. Although if I knew this was starting up again I may not have joined both new RPs ^.^;. Anyway, I'm still up for being GM and although we missed each other the other day, I AM usually online so I'll try to catch you when next I see you're on AIM.

Kafzeil

Well...it's Friday now.

What did Douglas Adams say about deadlines, Bas? :B
Real men wear Hats.<br /><br />Raz: Lili! An evil madman is building a fleet of psycho-death tanks to take over the world, and we\'re the only ones who can stop him! <br />Lili Zanotto: OH MY GOD! Let\'s make out! -Psychonauts

techmaster-glitch

Chairtastic

Still interested, and you're still late. :V  Gasp.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Kafzeil on June 15, 2012, 08:34:47 PM
Well...it's Friday now.

What did Douglas Adams say about deadlines, Bas? :B

He barely showed his face at AC, I think asking him to finish the essay which the update has supposedly become at the same time is a bit much :3

VAE

That's it. Operation: Let the Steam Out.
We call for a plan to devise a method by which one can type while fucking.
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

littlekreen

Well that puts voice recognition right out. There'd be random appeals to $Diety in the text! How does it recognize squeals anyhow?

Maybe it would be easier if just finding a good looking (insert low-paid ethnicity here) to pay to follow him around doing dictation?

SquirrelWizard

So I've been steadily working on digging myself out of this creative slump. I'm still interested, my replies might come slow, but they'll eventually come.
Update Status: Zombified

<Tezkat> Talking to yourself is a sign of impending mental collapse.
<SquirrelWizard> I talk to myself all the time, and I'm the sanest guy I know.

<TotalBiscuit> Upgrades! Upgrades! Upgrades! Its wacky-waving-inflatable-arm waving... nuclear missile... well, suppose that works...

AmberCross

Kreen that is a terrible idea. We're looking for a way to have the posts typed up despite Bas being occupied. Having a good looking person follow him around would just create another occupied person unable to type.

littlekreen

Well I figured at least the secretary would have enough downtime to type the things in eventually. Clearly I've vastly underestimated Basilisk's stamina.

JamesCray

I'm still here, still interested in seeing where this is going.
I wish the real world would just stop hassling me.
"I work in Fringe Division. Weird is a matter of degrees."

Lisky

It's going... TO HELL!  I mean <.< *ahem*  It's going along again... my writing muse has been a bit wonky, and i'm slowly getting back into character and world... but it's taking more time than i'd like.  The post is mostly done, but there's some details that keep conflicting in my mind, so i'm trying to smooth everything out :B  Sorry again for the delays... your GM is alive and well... just been derpy for a month

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

AmberCross

Quote from: littlekreen on June 22, 2012, 01:29:02 AM
Well I figured at least the secretary would have enough downtime to type the things in eventually. Clearly I've vastly underestimated Basilisk's stamina.
Feh, if that were the case then Bas would also have downtime. It would have been a better counter to suggest that he might get distracted with someone else.

Lisky

Rewrite after rewrite has made me realize that i don't know how or when i'll be able to keep this up.  I think i may keep the world, keep the characters, keep the story arch, but retcon the beginning so as to keep groups a bit more concise and organized.  It'll give everyone more to do with both eachother, and puzzles to solve, plus it'll give me some opportuinities to give Ace a chance to get some details of the world i'd have had to reveal a bit more slowly given the position he was in. 

If you're okay with this, lemme know.  I'm not closing OSaS Down... merely thinking about rebooting it as a phase 2, given how overwhelmingly large it'd gotten with the first try. 

This would also be a good opportunity for new blood to join, new characters to replace old, and the opportunity for people who want to explore multiple characters to do so.  I dunno... that's just my thinking.  Let me all know what you all think?

Tapewolf

I'm up for it.  It would be a bit of a shame to lose Seth's history up to this point, if you're talking about a complete restart, but it's fun to have somewhere to play him in.

That said, I was vaguely wondering whether it would be nice to switch to Illiath instead, but she's a bit of a god-mode character so I should really stick with Sethir.

littlekreen

As I have no baggage and rather flexible to start with I'm up for whatever.  :B

techmaster-glitch

......... I am not keen on this idea.

And "rewrite" after rewrite? That's why this has taken so long? Dude, you're falling into a very, very bad trap in regards to roleplaying. Each post does not need to be the most perfect thing ever, it just needs to exist. Do not rewrite a section once written. Finish a post just for the sake of finishing it, put it out, move on with life.

Though, it's looking like I'm the minority on this here already. If this reboots, I may or may not come along with it, I don't really know.

littlekreen

Well from a practical perspective I do agree with techmaster even if I have no preference for either choice. Quests go where they go. The only real rewriting to do is better done in-situ to make details fit as conditions  and goals change. Just hammer and glue things back together so it keeps some internal consistency with a moving pace since as a PC I'm not supposed to be aware of the long-term changes to start with. It's not as useful to plan far ahead when PCs are generally mugging loose plot threads for spare change anyhow.

VAE

The last game that had a restart I have seen died off - deathtrap dungeon.
Also, while the line of thought "I can't post just this, I let everyone wait so long" is tempting, it is a way to the arse.
Honestly, abandoning all that has happened so far would be rather silly.
Saphroneth

Chairtastic

If it happens, I'll be here.  If it doesn't, I'll be here.

I'll be honest, my Piflak Fanboyism has been kicking in recently, and I'd love to play my cubi char. :V  But eh...

SquirrelWizard

Sure count me in. Gotta kick the creative juices into action somehow.
Update Status: Zombified

<Tezkat> Talking to yourself is a sign of impending mental collapse.
<SquirrelWizard> I talk to myself all the time, and I'm the sanest guy I know.

<TotalBiscuit> Upgrades! Upgrades! Upgrades! Its wacky-waving-inflatable-arm waving... nuclear missile... well, suppose that works...

Inumo

I'm up for whatever ends up happening. I'm gonna be here anyways for the other RPs, neh?