Of Steam and Steel: OOC (Steampunk RP, Mature) {Open}

Started by Lisky, February 28, 2010, 06:14:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lisky

Right, apologies for the triple post... Boog has requested to be moved to the top of the "waiting" list, and given that he posted before the others, he has claim to the first open slot when i feel i can handle more players.

#4 is in, then, and that would be Mechanisto

you others who are waiting, i'll inform you in a similar post, plus via PM when you can post a character sheet here, and ready to get goin' in the game... right now, i'm on summer vacation for a few months, so i'll see how much my confidence builds in the next few weeks... if i think i can handle it, don't be too surprised to get added sooner than the obligatory 3 month period... if not, well... I'll do my best, as that's all i can give:B

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Tapewolf

How far away from Seth is the Being who's about to turn the gun on him?  I'm trying to figure out if they're within easy tentacle range.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Lisky

about 10 feet, little bit outside his arm reach, most likely inside the wingspan

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Mechanisto

THERE we go. Here's a shortened version of my character's sheet, for the perusal of all.

Character: Dame Errant Josephina Hortence
Country of Origin: Flagstone, Aeliseium
Race: Cubi / Unicorn

Description:
   A white unicorn, with pastel blue mane and socks, a short silver horn, and steel gray eyes. Her build resembles that of a female deer, rather than a horse; slender and graceful to the point of frailty. Her wings are bat-like, and fade to faint blue; She keeps them hidden whenever possible.

Equipment:
   Electric "Death Ray" Pistol, matching Arc-Rapier
   Signet Ring of the Royal Family of Flagstone
   Several fine Victorian dresses and military uniforms
   Diplomatic "Black Bag" (officials are not legally permitted to examine the contents)
   "Exemplar" heavy infantry Gearskin (http://axuslords.webs.com/mech3lf.jpg)

Magic Abilities:
   Standard Cubi Powers: Empathics, shape-shifting, tentacles, wingies
   Advanced mental discipline: Resistance to psychic/empathic effects
   Soul-Forging: Use and collection of soul energy, maintenance of soulgems

Backstory:
   Dame Josephina Hortence is a gearskin pilot, and a royal guard for the Queen of Flagstone; a tiny independent mining colony that later surrendered to and was absorbed by Aeliseium. Her homeland is now little more than an industrial complex that serves to manufacture goods for the vast Aeliseium war machine. The royal family was allowed to remain on the throne; although the current queen is little more than a figure head, she still retains her status as a monarch.
   One such perk of being a monarch is the right to field a personal guard; the Royal Guardsmen are now the only soldiers who remain under her complete control. Most have been deployed to other territories as agents, perhaps simply to make the queen seem like less of a threat. Josephina herself is now a Privateer, plundering the trade lanes of other nations and funneling the profits back to Aeliseium. The change from chivalric defender to international thug has taken it's toll on her pleasant demeanor, but she nonetheless remains a lesser noble of the court. She takes her duties seriously, regardless of what she thinks of them.

The Vehicle:
   A "Gearskin" is a humanoid clock-work mech that appeals to the Flagstone love of chivalric melee combat. It's lone pilot controls it with a combination of conventional instruments and direct mental control. This mental link gives the vehicle incredible agility and reflexes, and makes the pilot uncannily aware of their surroundings... the cost, however, is that the pilot experiences some pain from any damage the Gearskin suffers. They range from 8 to 14 yards in height, but must be custom built to match the pilot's body structure and proportions. The effectiveness of the Gearskin depends on the skill of the operator; "Ace" pilots have been known to demolish entire squadrons of better equipped rookies and conscripts. When Aeliseium assumed control, Flagstone engineers were forced to replace all magical components with standard Aeliseium technology. The resulting downgrade made the once graceful Gearskin little more than an aukward, ineffective shock troop.
   The Exemplar Class Gearskin is used only by the Flagstone Royal Guards, measures 11 yards from heel to shoulder,  and is designed for intense, frontline warfare. It is an elite fighting machine built to the highest standards of engineering, and suffers from none of the clumsiness of it's militia brethren. Though it retains the agility and reflexes of the original Gearskins, it is also a physical powerhouse. It is incredibly strong and durable for it's small size, and can operate for very long periods without maintenance or refueling. It is, above all else, built to last.
   The Exemplar's main weapon is a massive armor piercing halberd, able to cleave through vehicle armour with frightening speed. It also fields a pair of medium pop-up cannons concealed in the forearms; a long range electric death ray, and a repeating cannon. The weapon modules can be swapped out if needed, and the Gearskin's hands are agile and strong enough to use any upscaled weaponry it may come across.
   Despite it's superior combat performance, the Exemplar's ranged firepower is limited; it is vulnerable to ranged attacks and aerial bombardment, and must close to melee to do any serious damage. It is rumored to possess an experimental defense system that uses Aeliseium technology in a previously unknown way. If this system exists, it's purpose and function remain unknown.

Miscellaneous Trivia:

Stays true to her sense of chivalric honor whenever possible... even though she's kind of a thug.
Keeps her Succubus nature hidden whenever possible.
Refers to all Electric based Aeliseium weapons as "Death Rays"
She's not a pirate. She's a privateer. There's a difference. Do not call her a pirate.
Despite her military background, she actually likes high society gatherings.
Drank horrible army-ration tea for so long, she can't drink anything else now.

Tapewolf

Are we waiting on Tezkat for an update of the badlands situation, or has it fallen victim to tiredness?

Lisky

I was waiting on Tez... but i'm going to get an update done this afternoon either way :B

Boog

About time, I believe

Name: Jeremiah Ac'Gregor

Race: Being

Country of Origin: Nhylamar

Present Residence: Moves around a lot. Lately in Voethfel

Species: poisonous tree frog

Physical Description: A build more scrawny than wirey, shaggy brown hair, blotchy black and orange skin pattern with green eyes. Tends to slouch, more than a little jumpy, and has an overall animated personality. Wears a normal workman's dress shirt with suspenders, and a tweed overcoat.

Combat Abilities: In and of himself? Next to nil. Some minor skills with spells relating to illusions or hypnosis, and a knife that he's used maybe twice in his life in an offensive manner. His reflexes are fairly decent though, that and sheer panicked adrenaline rushes are generally all it takes to keep him out of the hands of the law.
When his curse kicks in, however, he can also age things with a touch, manipulate kinetic force, steal thoughts from someone's head (although he doesn't learn them himself) or command his very surroundings. Fortunately, when these abilities kick in his IQ is knocked down to approximately that of a turnip and aren't under his full control, so he isn't exactly looking to use his curse on purpose either.
An additional weapon is a small, spring-loaded spike in his sleeve, but Jeremiah doesn't know he has it. Bal, in one of his moments of control over Jeremiah's body, purchased the underhanded weapon and hid it in his coat, inside a hidden false pocket. When Bal is in control, he'll happily use this as a quick, unseen method of... Disposing of unpleasantries.

History: Once upon a time, Jeremiah was a high school art teacher in Nhylamar, when eventually one of his demonic students went on a rampage through the university. When the matter was done with and the bodies carried away they found Jeremiah unconscious in his classroom, the student (having been VERY surprised when her curse went awry and broke her arms) not too far away.
The curse, inexpertly cast, was meant to destroy and isolate the teacher, time robbing him of everything as he lost control over his life and went mad. Instead it created six personalities that quickly staked out portions of the poor man's skull and began fighting for control, furthering their own goals via the hapless frog and use of the magic that the curse siphoned from Jeremiah to keep itself going. These personalities were In, Nex, Plic, Cab, Bal, and Lunacy; In destroys, Nex isolates, Plic steals, Cab commands, Bal rots, and Lunacy warps. These six have been driving Jeremiah insane, both literally and figuratively, causing him to go a bit eccentric apart from the whole "people in his head talking to him" thing. He keeps going as best he can, if only on the basis that fate hates a moving target.
Soon after, wanting nothing else to do with magic and not entirely stable, Jeremiah evaded border guards to move from Nhylamar to Aeliseium, trying to live a normal life in spite of the voices in his skull. For a while he was able to quiet them entirely with a mild narcotic, but he kept needing more and more to suppress the symptoms of his curse. Eventually he found himself wandering far from home, almost on impulse, gravitating toward areas with large repositories of arcane knowledge. Now he's searching for a cure for his condition, but most legal means of procuring the information he needs have failed him. He's beginning to consider finding ways of breaking into the restricted sections of these libraries, or stealing the books from those who borrow them.
In his traveling Jeremiah is easily mistaken for a vagrant or homeless man. He manages to keep his head above water, financially, selling drawings to passing tourists or with simple sleight of hand scams.

Trivia: Jeremiah's good at coming off as funny and charming, with only a few of those little eccentricies showing up on occasion. He's more than somewhat prejudiced against creatures, but is fine with individuals when he gets to know them.
Usually in order to relax he'll start drawing or shaping a small lump of clay he keeps in his pocket, or practicing his illusions. He's never lost his interest in art, and has a soft spot for fine antiques.

Tapewolf

Seth would know whether a plea bargain with the authorities is possible/likely.  If so, I'll add it to my list of options he's offering her.

Lisky

Given the circumstances, Seth and Tez , being the direct victims of her assault, could request a lesser sentence.  Though, under the circumstances, running for the border is exactly the kind of thing she'd be going for :B

Tapewolf

Quote from: Basilisk on June 06, 2010, 08:50:06 AM
Given the circumstances, Seth and Tez , being the direct victims of her assault, could request a lesser sentence.  Though, under the circumstances, running for the border is exactly the kind of thing she'd be going for :B

I think I'll leave it as-is then, since he's trying to persuade her that talking to them = good, talking to the authorities = losing your soul.  But that's handy to know.

Lisky

Figure now would be a good time to say it... i'll be disappearing for the next 2 weeks, starting this upcoming friday.

First i have a cousin's wedding in KittyHawk to attend, and then staying a few days at the beach with the fam.  After that, i rush home, do laundry, do some last minute running around, and head off to AnthroCon... soo ya.. i'll have a laptop with me, and, as long as i've got an internet connection, i'll check in from time to time... but for the most part, i'll be disappearing... Hope to get posts done in everything that is owed first, but if not, i'll do my best in the evenings.

Have fun while i'm gone, and try not to cause too much trouble :P

Tapewolf

Quote from: Basilisk on June 09, 2010, 07:23:30 PM
Figure now would be a good time to say it... i'll be disappearing for the next 2 weeks, starting this upcoming friday.

Have fun, and hopefully I'll see you at AC.

Gabi

I've noticed there's a temporal displacement between my posts and Arroyo's. In other words, I've seen Arroyo's future. :mowgrin

I've submitted my post just to get it done, I'm not in a hurry for a reply.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Azlan

Quote from: Basilisk on June 15, 2010, 11:42:46 PM

(OOC Note: Writing this while on vacation has taken forever, i know i still owe more, and i'll get to them when i have time, Thank you in advance for your patients)

Just so you know, I'm referring all the stark raving barmy bonzer fruitcakes I have.  Share the fun patients I say.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Lisky

XP, i blame the beach and sleep deprivation for that slip up... as is... it's amusing as hell, and therefore shall be left

SquirrelWizard

Just a heads up, I will be going on vacation starting 6/27, and will be gone for a week. I dont know if I will be able to snag an internet connection out there, so I will likely be silent for a while.
Update Status: Zombified

<Tezkat> Talking to yourself is a sign of impending mental collapse.
<SquirrelWizard> I talk to myself all the time, and I'm the sanest guy I know.

<TotalBiscuit> Upgrades! Upgrades! Upgrades! Its wacky-waving-inflatable-arm waving... nuclear missile... well, suppose that works...

Tapewolf

Lisky

i was just about to update here, Back from AC, post coming later tonight :O

Tapewolf

Quote from: Basilisk on July 01, 2010, 05:26:40 PM
i was just about to update here, Back from AC, post coming later tonight :O

Okay, well don't let me rush you :P

Tapewolf

Seth is kind of stalled on Tezkat, whether he has anything to say before Seth leaves...

Lisky

apologies for the recent delays... i accept that i've basically been putting off a post for way too long... i'll have one up ASAP :B

Also, with the apparent disappearance of several players, i'm curious who's possibly interested in filling missing slots.... think of this as more an interest check, than an open invite, though, if you have characters for me to consider, it couldn't hurt to send then :3

Cogidubnus

I might be interested. I've been a bit more posty lately, so I'll see what I can scrounge up.

Hrm. Never made a Steampunk character before... :3

Tapewolf

The burning orphanage scene reminded me of something I missed in my AC journal.  I presume this was intentional :P

Lisky

actually, i'd been plotting that scene for a while, well before AC X3... The timing, however, seemed just a bit too perfect

Edit: Also ISH A COGGEH! :O

llearch n'n'daCorna

... I need to check if I have postable content. Or if I'm considered "dead", which would be a shame...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Corgatha Taldorthar

Quote from: Basilisk on July 22, 2010, 09:03:56 AM
actually, i'd been plotting that scene for a while, well before AC X3... The timing, however, seemed just a bit too perfect

Since, perhaps, a certain fire in SI? :P
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Tapewolf

More Sethir, for those what is interested:

http://www.furaffinity.net/view/4229880/
http://www.project-future.org/jpmorris.jpg [Non-FA copy]

Again, in a present-day setting rather than one corresponding to the RP, but I'm immensely pleased with this, so...

Lisky

i've got a post in the works...

Awesome stuff there Tape X3...

also, you might note the first post was updated, specifically the character index.  2 of our fellow players seem to have fallen out of the game, one has yet to respond, and the other has quietly backed out.  I'll be evaluating the game, and possibly open up replacement slots.

That is all... >.>
<.<

Tapewolf

Lisky