Of Steam and Steel: OOC (Steampunk RP, Mature) {Open}

Started by Lisky, February 28, 2010, 06:14:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Quote from: Basilisk on March 28, 2010, 09:53:04 AM
That i am, though i'm going to be doing shorter posts to keep conversations going today between players and NPCs... so, most likely, soon after Bart's post, i'll get a train-crash post up too

Just checking.  With this many players it would be easy for something like that to slip through the cracks.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Gabi

There's a reason I'm stalling. I'm going on a trip on the 17th, and returning... probably on the 29th.

And I still have a lot of work to do before I leave.

I've already talked to Bas, so here's the plan: if everything goes well, I'll research the newcomers, get to talk to them, initially decide to stay because the village needs me, and then join them when it becomes clear that I'm not so needed anymore.

Also, Bas is amazing. :hug
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Tapewolf

Regarding Bart, don't forget that Seth has tried to shoot the mare while she was trying to get up, I don't know whether he hits or not, but you might want to take that into account.

Tipod

To be honest, I was kinda bleary eyed when I wrote that and kinda glossed over the last few posts so missing that detail was my bad. Is it a safe assumption that Seth's shot would've hit or miss before Bart could get over to her? I don't think his reaction time is faster than a speeding bullet, plus considering how messed-up his hearing would be with a bunch of high-yield explosives detonating nearby :B

Though to be fair I'm not really the one who makes the call on whether she gets hit or not.
"How is it that I should not worship Him who created me?"
"Indeed, I do not know why."

Tapewolf

Quote from: Tipod on April 05, 2010, 07:49:14 PM
To be honest, I was kinda bleary eyed when I wrote that and kinda glossed over the last few posts so missing that detail was my bad. Is it a safe assumption that Seth's shot would've hit or miss before Bart could get over to her? I don't think his reaction time is faster than a speeding bullet, plus considering how messed-up his hearing would be with a bunch of high-yield explosives detonating nearby :B

Yeah, I think it's probably safe to assume that Seth fired before Bart moved.  Whether he hit or not is up to Bas, as you say.

llearch n'n'daCorna

hehehe. Mel, you is ebil. *applause*

.. now to think on a post...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

WhiteFox

Some errata related to post #194:

-Time-wise, Gabriel should be looking for work at the same time the Mjolnir is in port. Unless I've screwed up the continuity.
-There may be some... oddities in the post that are deliberate.
-Gabriel is a cinnamon coloured fancy rat. I think of this as the equivalent of having strawberry blond hair, as far as fur colours go. Gorgeous, yet unassuming.
-His favorite foods are jujubes and/or gumdrops. He can be bribed.
-No, his mini-torch is not soul powered.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Lisky

sooo, Call me a glutton for punishment... but i figure that i'll add a few more slots on the list now that things have settled down to a more comfortable pace for me... only 3 for now, though.

Basic rules for new applicants, please PM me first before posting, i find it more personal, and easier for me to keep track of things that way...

#2 you're going to start in the vicinity of people who are currently playing... besides that, feel free to submit your new characters at your leisure...  I'll have the next IC post up some time fairly soon...  That is all.

PS: Hope you're all having fun

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

WhiteFox

I wouldn't mind meeting up with another character. Gabriel is currently wandering around a trade district looking for work, so he'd be pretty easy to bump into.

PS: Is having fun.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

lucas marcone

i am interested, give me a bit to read over the important stuff....(meaning, when i'm not sick as a dog ill give it a look)

Tezkat

Um... unless Seth has some sort of magic to divine race, there's currently no indication that Tez is an Incubus. Thanks to some childhood misadventures, he's a bit shy about his "condition" and masquerades as a Demon whenever possible (hence the references to bat wings and such despite the fact that he normally has feathers).
The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

Tapewolf

Quote from: Tezkat on April 21, 2010, 03:22:10 PM
Um... unless Seth has some sort of magic to divine race, there's currently no indication that Tez is an Incubus.
Okay, I'll fix that.

Techcubi

Is there something I need to do in order to join a Mature thread?

Sunblink

Quote from: Techcubi on April 22, 2010, 09:34:17 PM
Is there something I need to do in order to join a Mature thread?

Speaking from experience... nope. It's just a rating that warns people about future content, like R or Rebma.

When I'm able to get my own app together I'm pretty sure my character will be responsible for 80% of the vulgarity.

Lisky

*POUNCE GLOMPS* Heya Keaty! welcome back to the RP boards.  Your slot is reserved and made obvious in the first post.  Hope to see you around more often, and take care!  :tighthug

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Techcubi

(My application is pending approval.)

Lisky

uh... Number 1 i specifically asked to be PMed character sheets before they got posted... Number 2 Desert eagle... yea... little bit high-tech for a steampunk setting

Techcubi

You want me to edit out everything of my post, and, change the Desert eagles to something else?

WhiteFox

If you want to play, read the instructions.

Guidelines for submitting a character were clearly stated. Not to mention, Steampunk is typically a Victorian era setting. Basilisk said on more then one occasion that firearms were limited. Pre-WW2, IIRC.

Techcubi

Ok, so, should I edit the stuff out of my post, change the desert eagles to soemthing else, and then PM it to Basilisk?

WhiteFox

Techcubi

Edited my post and PMed the app to Basilisk, Alright? You can stop thinking of me as some dumb n00b, now.

Edit: Gah! I forgot to hit the thing that I was supposed to check in the PM...

Lisky

WF: pre-WWI weapons, with the sole exception of pump-action shotguns

Techcubi: i can see you're energetic about joining, which is great and all... just understand that i had the rules set up so as to ease my own level of work i have to put into this game... the character index is useful, but having many attempts makes finding questions harder when they are asked, and referencing earlier game points becomes nigh impossible if i have everyone submitting character sheets, then edits, then more edits with more character sheets...  By streamlining the process (for myself) it helps everyone... as it means I can focus my attention on things less mundane, which in turn, means interesting plot twists, witty dialogue, and proper execution of planned events... things i can't do, or at least, not as well, if people don't follow the rules.

Lisky

Sorry for the double post... i noted that i had several messages pending... first 3 characters to respond

Corgatha Taldorthar

JamesCray

Boogyman

Apologies for taking forever to check my messages, finals have kinda hit me and studying has eaten up a lot of my attention and energy... Those who've applied after these 3, you'll be notified when the game opens up again... until then, however, i'm sorry, but i just don't think i can handle more than what i've already got...

Corgatha Taldorthar

Name:  William Di'hei (Commonly called Will)
Race: Being
Country of origin as well as current residence: Originally from Aeliseium, now a transient
Physical Description: A roughly 4'10" mink, very dark brown fur, clear black eyes, short tail. Often wears cheap, working clothes, tattered with use. Short sleeved shirts, dark slacks, worn overcoat, tough, knee high boots make up his usual apparel.
Equipment: Clothes, money, traveling bag, a long knife used both for self defense and to eat with, (and pick his teeth) A hooded lantern and several packets of oil for its usage, flint and steel.
Magical Abilities (if applicable):none
History: Uneducated son of laborers in Aeliseium. At the age of twelve, "officially" entered into the factory that his parents worked at as a full time employee. Parents died in a fire at the factory when he was sixteen. Shortly thereafter, he had an altercation with the shift manager, ending with him slashing the boss across the face, leaving a disfiguring scar, and Will on the next train out of the country. He's hopped from location to location since then, never staying in one place  very long, never putting down roots. He has no clear goals or ambitions, and no definite plans for his future, outside of staying as far away from Aeliseium as he can.

Trivia (if you so feel like it): I don't really intend for this character to last very long, he's really intended as something of a throw-away. As such, his name is an anagram of "He will die"

There's more, naturally, but permit me to have a *few* secrets held between me and the DM.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

WhiteFox

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on April 23, 2010, 02:48:11 PM
At the age of twelve, "officially" entered into the factory that his parents worked at as a full time employee. Parents died in a fire at the factory when he was sixteen. Shortly thereafter, he had an altercation with the shift manager, ending with him slashing the boss across the face, leaving a disfiguring scar, and Will on the next train out of the country. He's hopped from location to location since then, never staying in one place  very long, never putting down roots. He has no clear goals or ambitions, and no definite plans for his future, outside of staying as far away from Aeliseium as he can.

There's more, naturally, but permit me to have a *few* secrets held between me and the DM.

Looks like he has a fair bit in common with Gabriel.

JamesCray

Name:  Johan Marek "Mak" Ledwinka

Race:  Being

Country of origin as well as current residence: The son of diplomats from Nhyalamar, Johan's childhood was spent travelling so often that it's hard to say if he truly feels he has a permanent home. If he had to claim one, however, he would probably choose the embassy in Sevastia'Nyad where his parents live.

Physical Description: Sandy dark-tan fur, with dark brown head hair and tipping his tail and the two massive ears that readily identify him as a fennec fox. He has grey eyes, edged in dark blue.  He tends toward a medium grey suit of a frock coat and trousers, white shirt and cravat. He stands a mere three feet, six inches tall, slim and slight, and carries a black and silver cane. Also, he wears a pair of silver wireframe glasses.

Equipment:
• The cane: A metal cane, lacquered black, with chrome fittings. The head unscrews, revealing a slender dagger.   
• The hat: A fairly standard top-hat, albeit with a number of pockets attached to the lining, holding random odds and ends, including ammunition.
• The glasses: Designed to correct a defect in his vision, where the closer objects get, the more out of focus they become.
• The pistol: A tiny derringer by Nhyalamar standards, he keeps it in a false compartment at the top of his hat, the brim also weighted to maintain proper balance. In a world with demons, a small-caliber pistol isn't going to make much difference in a fight unless used quite decisively, but the sound can draw attention.

Abilities: Not magical, but extremely intelligent, resourceful, and very cultured due to his upbringing.

History: Johan is the son of Karel and Eliska Ledwinka, diplomats from Nhyalamar. Rather than a 'Traditional' education, his mother, a translator, saw fit to bring him along on their travels and personally see to his education, with the help of the great classroom that is the world. Eventually, however, his parents retired to a semi-permanent posting in Sevastia'Nyad, and he was sent back to a fine university

Unfortunately, Johan proved to not quite be cut out for the more rigid, structured aspects of the scholarly world. Diplomacy was second nature to him, so he could be friendly, but he had a deep belief that respect must be earned, not demanded. This did not play well, and the university sent him packing, leaving him to take a job his parents lined up for him as a diplomatic courier at age twenty-two..

Trivia:

As a youth, his parents often entrusted his care to some of the lower-level embassy workers and guards when both of them are occupied, thus the number of languages he can curse in is more than three times the number he speaks fluently

During his adolescence, when his parents started spending more time in Sevastia'Nyad than back home, he snuck out and got into an altercation with a group of young demons. His size delayed them catching him, but they did. However, an older demon, a lupine female by the name of Sera, intervened. Apparently, she was embarrassed that six demons would take on just one being. She accompanied him back to the embassy.

On all later trips to Sevastia'Nyad, Sera would invite him to accompany her. When he asked why she did so, her reply was "Bait." She said that her hanging around with a being was practically a dare for hotheaded younger demons to try to attack, and she enjoyed the fights. To this day, however, they correspond, and remain fast friends.

In his teenage years, the fascination he always felt for motor vehicles exploded into a full-blown obsession. Unfortunately, his travels make it impractical to actually own a steam carriage, and his own personal airship would be more than a little extravagant, but in his duties he has proven himself somewhat of a natural in the operation of both.
I wish the real world would just stop hassling me.
"I work in Fringe Division. Weird is a matter of degrees."

lucas marcone

well that sucks.... i was just about to submit a character too.... guess ill have to be quicker on the draw for reading/character thinking up....ing.

Lisky

i was rather shocked at how fast the slots went, looking back on it... if i'd payed attention, i would have closed within 36 hours of opening up again :B

Lisky

Anyways, finals are over, and now i have more time on my hands... there will be a post up later today, and i'll be around more often to answer questions, if anyone has any at this time