02/23/10 [Clans #9] Part Bunny, Part Snake... All WHEEEE!!!

Started by Lisky, February 22, 2010, 11:38:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wanderer

Quote from: RJ on February 23, 2010, 03:02:26 AM
I am so wanting to join this clan.  :U

That's why I theorized your character was already a member. It just seems perfectly suited to you.

Bjalf

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 23, 2010, 09:04:11 AM
I was half-expecting her to blur out the text or something  :P

Imagine the subsequent nagging and rampant speculations ...

Arcblade

Jin's clan needs to grow in size by about 2000.  Like now.  There can never be too much joy, or too many healers.  It's a pity that healing energy only tends to work on physical ailments, though... 

Les

I honestly couldn't give less than a damn about spoilers at this point.  If the writing is good enough to make How things happen and the character's reactions to it as interesting as What happens then a story can still be be very enjoyable even when spoiled.

And Amber's writing is just that good.
Long live Space Race, Long live... Molvania!

joshofspam

Joy and healing.

It's good to see what clan Mink belongs to.

Was this possibly the clan Abel was talking about when he told Dan about Cubi that dress up as a clown and go to hospitals and cheer up sick and injured children? :mowhappy
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Sind

Quote from: Mrs_A_ZeTavia on February 23, 2010, 12:07:08 AM
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! We know Mink's clan!!! :boogie *passes around the joyous good feelings at this revelation*

I  :love3 LOVE :love3  her color and appearance, as well. I definitely wouldn't mind a good healing from her......  >:3

>:3

Quote from: Drayco84 on February 23, 2010, 12:26:50 AM
EDIT: Huh... Demon wings, but she doesn't seem evil... Unless evil heals you because you're nearby in an attempt to prolong your suffering, but that doesn't make any sense for Joy-affinity cubi...

not to mention how like angels aren't really that much less evil then demons =P

Quote from: Teroniss on February 23, 2010, 12:48:25 AM
Quote from: Wanderer on February 23, 2010, 12:42:33 AM
Should I guess that RJ might be a member of this clan too?
Hmm, RJ seems more neon colored than pastel to me, what with the bright pink hair.

>.>
<.<

:shapeshifters
It only says they're born with pastel colors =P

Quote from: Garsemor on February 23, 2010, 02:50:54 AM
Wait ther's only 8 members? That's like the smallest clan so far (Siar asside).
I just noticed that her scales form into heart shapes.

That is only if Mink wrote Report recently
For all we know, the clan might have doubled since then =D
They'd still be small, though =/

MT Hazard

Don't forget Cyra clan , that has 2 members (probably) and one clan leader.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Les

Quote from: MT Hazard on February 23, 2010, 11:59:37 AM

Why 'Probably'?  Dark Pegasus seemed to think Clan Cyra was a big deal, hard to give any credence to that if it only has three members including founder.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Les on February 23, 2010, 12:47:59 PM

Why 'Probably'?  Dark Pegasus seemed to think Clan Cyra was a big deal, hard to give any credence to that if it only has three members including founder.

It doesn't need to be big. Just effective.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Keleth

Probably the same reason those Russians thought Rambo was no big deal.

He after all was only one man.
Help! I'm gay!

Les

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on February 23, 2010, 01:01:00 PM

Still, doesn't fit as much with DP's 'Evil Overlord' motif if instead of, "Mwahahaha, at last, thanks to Lorenda's wiles I shall be able to forge an alliance with the Mighty Clan Cyra!  Bwahahaha!" it's more like, "Sweet, maybe I can hire Destinia for some things."   :P

But seriously though, there is no indication that Cyra's clan has been so decimated, only that there aren't currently any other members besides Dan with a direct lineage to the founder who are also still young enough to dream.

Sunny

Yay!  A Naga Cubi clan leader!!  It's good to see that Chu'Si's not the only one. http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_630.php

Though it's a shame there are so few members in her clan.  Here's hoping that it starts growing again soon. :3

iceick

Quote from: Wanderer on February 23, 2010, 01:44:06 AM
Quote from: Teroniss on February 23, 2010, 01:08:53 AM
Huh, I just realized, Jin reminds me of Miss Oolong from the library. Wonder if that's simply a coincidence  :erk

Miss Oolong. Heh. Such a pleasant sounding name. Have you seen "Miss Oolong" recently?
That is probably directly related to why Abel is not allowed in the library anymore.

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

Quote from: Sind on February 23, 2010, 11:41:46 AM
Quote from: Mrs_A_ZeTavia on February 23, 2010, 12:07:08 AM
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! We know Mink's clan!!! :boogie *passes around the joyous good feelings at this revelation*

I  :love3 LOVE :love3  her color and appearance, as well. I definitely wouldn't mind a good healing from her......  >:3

>:3

Are you agreeing with me or teasing me..........   :mowwink Heehee!

Sunblink

Aw, Jin's so pretty. :) I'm going to admit that I want to give her a big hug. A pastel-colored clan would be so pretty.

This kind of confirms something I was wondering earlier: if there are Cubi clans that still have their tri-wing leaders, but only have a few members left. I like Jin Clan; it's interesting. Jin's probably the oldest tri-wing we've seen yet, and yet she has the smallest clan.

MT Hazard

We only know of the leader Cyra, and two members, Dest and Dan. Cyra herself said that Dest is the last of her descendants, however Amber added "Only two that we know about"  when I first pointed this out.

Teroniss

Hmm, I just realized. Cubi clan leaders (Seeing as they all seem to be female) must have the best Mother's Day celebrations of any other race (Save for the dames that have a small or non-existant clan, ie Cyra/Fa'Lina)

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on February 23, 2010, 03:06:58 PM
I like Jin Clan; it's interesting. Jin's probably the oldest tri-wing we've seen yet, and yet she has the smallest clan.

Well, technically, Fa'Lina has the smallest clan, with just herself in it.

But I do like Jin's design ... I mean, dang, she even has heartshaped scales - how awesome is that ? :)

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Alondro

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on February 23, 2010, 01:01:00 PM

Dan is from Clan Cyra! 
Clan Cyra is super-effective!
Clan Cyra gets +20 health!

:3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

MT Hazard

The fact that Cyra is (relatively) weak may make them more approachable by D.P, other more powerful clans wouldn't be interested and he may theorise that Cyra clan would agree to an alliance to become stronger.

Or......it could be that resurrection has rattled another screw loose/ wishful thinking on his part, who knows?

Sunblink

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on February 23, 2010, 06:06:06 PM

But I do like Jin's design ... I mean, dang, she even has heartshaped scales - how awesome is that ? :)

You're right, I forgot about Fa'Lina. But Fa'Lina's pretty damn young compared to Jin, come to think of it. She's around 9,000 years old.

That'd probably make her the youngest tri-wing if Amber keeps introducing characters in the age group of five digits.

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on February 23, 2010, 03:06:58 PM
I like Jin Clan; it's interesting. Jin's probably the oldest tri-wing we've seen yet, and yet she has the smallest clan.

Quote from: MT Hazard on February 23, 2010, 05:59:06 PM

We only know of the leader Cyra, and two members, Dest and Dan. Cyra herself said that Dest is the last of her descendants, however Amber added "Only two that we know about"  when I first pointed this out.

And as far as we know so far, Aniz and Abel's clan (Siar) is only 2 members strong without a living founder.

Or has Pyroduck been inducted into the clan? If so, they tie with Siar, except for the power level. Does one need to be a cubi to be a (not just honorary) clan member?
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Roach Lord

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

Quote from: AmigaDragon on February 23, 2010, 09:44:42 PM

Or has Pyroduck been inducted into the clan? If so, they tie with Siar, except for the power level. Does one need to be a cubi to be a (not just honorary) clan member?

Well she has adopted him as her son, and family is family regardless of origins; as long as there's love. In that regard, I consider him a clan member, whether he's cubi or not!  :mowhappy

LionHeart

Quote from: Drathorin on February 23, 2010, 01:02:26 PM

Probably the same reason those Russians thought Rambo was no big deal.

He after all was only one man.
Yeah, those Russians had no idea that he had the scriptwriters on his side.
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Shachza

I wonder if that's her birth form, or just the one she found the most pleasing. :.  It's such a weird combination of forms.
            <-- #1 that is!

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on February 23, 2010, 09:35:35 PM

You're right, I forgot about Fa'Lina. But Fa'Lina's pretty damn young compared to Jin, come to think of it. She's around 9,000 years old.

That'd probably make her the youngest tri-wing if Amber keeps introducing characters in the age group of five digits.

You're right about the age, she is quite young.
Personally, I've always thought that Fa'Lina's affinity could be innocence, thus her love of children.

Thus, loosing her clan = loosing her innocence = Fa'Lina inna RAGE!
And since we have been told that Fa'Lina is quite powerful, despite her young age, it makes me wonder why she didn't g on a killing rampage, but build an academy instead ? It would have been the most obvious choice - But then, she's good at dodging the mostly obvious cliché's, so that might be why.

Still, wouldn't been much of a story without her, so it's good to have her around. :)

Quote from: Roach Lord on February 23, 2010, 11:29:35 PMShe's probably the cutest clan leader I've seen.

She is cute, though my first thought is "pretty" rather than "cute".
When on the subject of cute, I think of Dimaninka first.

Though, just imagine the shenanigans Jin and Dimaninka would be up to if they ran together ?
Joy and Confusion, in one chaotic packet.

:D

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on February 24, 2010, 09:35:30 AM
Personally, I've always thought that Fa'Lina's affinity could be innocence, thus her love of children.

And since we have been told that Fa'Lina is quite powerful, despite her young age, it makes me wonder why she didn't g on a killing rampage, but build an academy instead ? It would have been the most obvious choice - But then, she's good at dodging the mostly obvious cliché's, so that might be why.

I personally wouldn't be surprised if her affinity would be "Ambivalence", since most of the times Fa'Lina is around there's a lot of mixed emotions and contradictions around. For example, here she "helps" in a violent way and here Dan's feeling conflicted at her erratic/unpredicatable actions.

(For those who aren't familiar with the definition of Ambivalence: it's a  state of having emotions, thoughts or actions in contradiction with each other, when they're related to an object, idea or person (for example, feeling both love and hatred at once). The term is also used in situations in reference to where 'mixed feelings' are experienced or where a person experiences uncertainty or indecisiveness concerning something.)

Drayco84

Quote from: Mrs_A_ZeTavia on February 24, 2010, 12:20:40 PM

I personally wouldn't be surprised if her affinity would be "Ambivalence", since most of the times Fa'Lina is around there's a lot of mixed emotions and contradictions around. For example, here she "helps" in a violent way and here Dan's feeling conflicted at her erratic/unpredicatable actions.

(For those who aren't familiar with the definition of Ambivalence: it's a  state of having emotions, thoughts or actions in contradiction with each other, when they're related to an object, idea or person (for example, feeling both love and hatred at once). The term is also used in situations in reference to where 'mixed feelings' are experienced or where a person experiences uncertainty or indecisiveness concerning something.)
Eh, I say the sound effect for http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_532.php would've been better as "CLOTHESLINE'D". (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/clothesline) But, since it won't fit in the space available, I can understand.

But yeah, really makes we wonder about her affinity now... Ambivalence sounds pretty apt...

Bjalf

Yeees, but innocence isn't relly an emotion, though.

Quote from: Mrs_A_ZeTavia on February 24, 2010, 12:20:40 PMI personally wouldn't be surprised if her affinity would be "Ambivalence", since most of the times Fa'Lina is around there's a lot of mixed emotions and contradictions around.
Good call. Also, she's a fearsome pink poodle.  ???