02/23/10 [Clans #9] Part Bunny, Part Snake... All WHEEEE!!!

Started by Lisky, February 22, 2010, 11:38:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lisky

Pretty cool design for Jin... though, only 8 members left...  

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Greyman

Quote from: Basilisk on February 22, 2010, 11:38:15 PM
Plus the clan of Joy is only one of three sister clans ruled by 'the Matrons of Light' left from the Dragon-Cubi wars.  Oh, yeah, the dragons PR rating has sunk a bit with this reveal.

Jasonrevall

Quote from: Greyman on February 22, 2010, 11:46:45 PM
Quote from: Basilisk on February 22, 2010, 11:38:15 PM
Plus the clan of Joy is only one of three sister clans ruled by 'the Matrons of Light' left from the Dragon-Cubi wars.  Oh, yeah, the dragons PR rating has sunk a bit with this reveal.

How great was it to begin with anyway?

So that's minks (greatX?) grandmother eh? I had a feeling Mink's affinity was joy or something similar.
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

Lisky

Jason: says in the bottom info bar, about 300

Also, just noticed, that's Ducky's daddy who's giving dragons more bad PR :B

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

dravus

you know....I wouldn't be too surprised if pyroducks dad was infact Hizell....but that's purely speculation and there's no facts to back it up :P

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! We know Mink's clan!!! :boogie *passes around the joyous good feelings at this revelation*

I  :love3 LOVE :love3  her color and appearance, as well. I definitely wouldn't mind a good healing from her......  >:3

I just noticed that Hizell, is the same dragon that wiped out most of the Siar Clan, too. (http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Ab_055.php)

Quote from: Basilisk on February 22, 2010, 11:54:14 PM

That's just your speculation of course, so far I have yet to see any fact that Pyroduck has any relation to Hizell.

Jasonrevall

what bottom info bar and what are you talking about? I was saying how good was the Dragon's PR rating to begin with, not how great this particular cubi clan was.
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

Drayco84

Well, that shoots Hizell's (And most other dragons for that matter...) PR in the face... (Coughbastardcough.)

That's... That's really sad... And also really ironic that a race of healers would be driven almost to the point of extinction...

I also feel really glad now that in my novel, dragons were/are jerks and got their asses kicked by unicorns. (Seriously, don't anger the horses with horns. It won't be pretty for ya.)

Is this a bad time to mention that I found Deis (Bleu in the English translation.) from the Breath of Fire series SMOKIN' hot?

EDIT: Huh... Demon wings, but she doesn't seem evil... Unless evil heals you because you're nearby in an attempt to prolong your suffering, but that doesn't make any sense for Joy-affinity cubi...

I know you've already been called out for this, but maybe... Juuuuust maaaaaaaybe...
Pryoducks's father: http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_1072.php
Hizell in silouette: http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Ab_055.php
Verdict: While I can't be certain, you may have something there...

Oh, and it's certainly not this one: http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_141.php

Wanderer

Quote from: Drayco84 on February 23, 2010, 12:26:50 AM
EDIT: Huh... Demon wings, but she doesn't seem evil... Unless evil heals you because you're nearby in an attempt to prolong your suffering, but that doesn't make any sense for Joy-affinity cubi...

Wing type has nothing to do with evil or not-evil in this universe.

Should I guess that RJ might be a member of this clan too?

Teroniss

Quote from: Wanderer on February 23, 2010, 12:42:33 AM

Wing type has nothing to do with evil or not-evil in this universe.

Hmm, RJ seems more neon colored than pastel to me, what with the bright pink hair.

Also, the facial profile in the comic with Siar fighting Hizell looks similar to the profile of Ducky's dad, but unless its simply drawing discrepencies on Amber's part, I doubt they are one and the same.

Edit: Also, while it is barely noticeable it still seems RJ's symbol is on her hand here: http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_555.php

RandomMetaphysics

Yes! FINALLY, JOY!! AND IT'S MINK's CLAN!!! :boogie :boogie :boogie

Huh... so that's Jin, and she radiates healing energy :U
I'm guessing Jin's clan is a prime example of one of the nicer variations of Cubi Abel talked about. (http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_524.php)

An affinity for healing arts? Sweeeeeet. :3
It makes sense that this clan would want to build a hospital... especially a children's hospital.
I just realized, while typing this, that Jin is the oldest clan leader revealed thus far.

So... Hizell seems to have been responsible for more than one genocide of a Cubi Clan. I feel something coming around the corner :mowninja

Teroniss

Huh, I just realized, Jin reminds me of Miss Oolong from the library. Wonder if that's simply a coincidence  :erk

Drayco84

Quote from: Teroniss on February 23, 2010, 01:08:53 AM
Huh, I just realized, Jin reminds me of Miss Oolong from the library. Wonder if that's simply a coincidence  :erk

Yes, but I've been informed on my Clan Leader's thread http://clockworkmansion.com/forum/index.php/topic,7050.0.html by Tapewolf that Oolong is a mythos, not a cubi. Whether it's true according to TEH AUTHOR or not, I dunno. (Since he's been around longer, I'll take his word for it.)

Teroniss

Quote from: Drayco84 on February 23, 2010, 01:17:23 AM
Huh, I just realized, Jin reminds me of Miss Oolong from the library. Wonder if that's simply a coincidence  :erk

Yes, but I've been informed on my Clan Leader's thread http://clockworkmansion.com/forum/index.php/topic,7050.0.html by Tapewolf that Oolong is a mythos, not a cubi. Whether it's true according to TEH AUTHOR or not, I dunno. (Since he's been around longer, I'll take his word for it.)

Ahh, but remember, even Mythos can have children with Cubi, and if the Cubi half is stronger, they will become a Cubi form of the Mythos.

(Or vice versa. And considering we have no idea how old Oolong is, its possible somewhere, long long down Jin's line that she mated with a Mythos and the Mythos half was stronger than her cubi half at the time.)

Amber Williams

Quote from: Drayco84 on February 23, 2010, 01:17:23 AM

It's a coincidence.

Oolong is a full-blooded Mythos who likes to change her colour sequences every so often.   There are actually quite a few full-blooded Mythos that work at the Academy.  They're likely the most common race found in the Academy if you don't count the actual Cubi.

Teroniss

Wanderer

Miss Oolong. Heh. Such a pleasant sounding name. Have you seen "Miss Oolong" recently?

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

Is this a bad time to mention that I found Deis (Bleu in the English translation.) from the Breath of Fire series SMOKIN' hot?

Smokin' hot indeed...... >:3 Hee hee hee.......

Quote from: Wanderer on February 23, 2010, 12:42:33 AM

She's actually part of a different clan according to her page that's on DMFA's wiki site. (Granted, I know the information is taken from the character's creator and may not be canon with the DMFA universe; but I still felt to share this information.  :))

Quote from: RandomMetaphysics on February 23, 2010, 12:51:27 AM
So... Hizell seems to have been responsible for more than one genocide of a Cubi Clan. I feel something coming around the corner :mowninja

Agreed!  :3 Hizell definitely was one of the major players during the Dragon-Cubi war and is probably still a huge threat for the Cubi race...  D:

Garsemor

Wait ther's only 8 members? That's like the smallest clan so far (Siar asside).
I just noticed that her scales form into heart shapes.

RJ

entropicage

It just makes sense that Mink is in the Joy clan. Fantastic! :mowmeep

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Teroniss on February 23, 2010, 01:31:39 AM
Well there goes my crazy forumite speculation theory  :<

Come on, you should know by now that all forumites are crazy to some extent. :mowwink
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Feather Dancer

Personally, I think Mink has a lovely Great Great Grandmother. Suppose the report woulda been a great excuse for a mental visit too. And of course now the kid hospital makes sense, poor lady.
Notalope, making all worries as tasty as pineapples.

RandomMetaphysics

I just realized;
Jin's clan was almost completey annihilated by Hizell.
Mink's mother was murdered.
Thus, could one assume that maybe Mink's mother was killed by Hizell and or Hizell's agents/children/allies? <-- (me making theories when I am not sleeping)

This also makes me ponder the following: "How old is Mink exactly?"

Tapewolf

Quote from: RandomMetaphysics on February 23, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Thus, could one assume that maybe Mink's mother was killed by Hizell and or Hizell's agents/children/allies? <-- (me making theories when I am not sleeping)

It would make some sense if Hizell was trying to 'collect the set', a is it were.  Also the use of the term "completely destroyed" sounds pretty ominous.

That Mink is a Joy 'Cubi does make me wonder if it undermines the "grieving through happiness" theory, though.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Kirishala

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 23, 2010, 04:43:07 AM
Also the use of the term "completely destroyed" sounds pretty ominous.
I'm guessing that Siar wasn't the first time that Hizell used his trick for tracking the remaining members of a clan using the dying essence of the leader.

thegayhare

I know you've already been called out for this, but maybe... Juuuuust maaaaaaaybe...
Pryoducks's father: http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_1072.php
Hizell in silouette: http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Ab_055.php
Verdict: While I can't be certain, you may have something there...

Oh, and it's certainly not this one: http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_141.php

as I said last time it was brought up

Hizell has a larger muzzle and longer jaw, he's also got a downword pointing spike at the hinge of his jaw, he's also got a small spike above his eyes, and a differnt shaped nose

Most likely they are differnt dragons

Les

Long live Space Race, Long live... Molvania!

jeffh4

Regarding spoilers in the Clan Leaders section, Amber has the option of updating the Clan Leaders info just like she does on occasion with the Cast pages.   I know it would be a bit more of a pain since the clan info consists of images rather than text, but its an option.

I know I'll be reading every Clan Leader page. I hope the mini-spoilers aren't too spoilerific.

Tapewolf

Quote from: jeffh4 on February 23, 2010, 09:02:39 AM
Regarding spoilers in the Clan Leaders section, Amber has the option of updating the Clan Leaders info just like she does on occasion with the Cast pages.

I was half-expecting her to blur out the text or something  :P

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E