Mink and Oolong theory

Started by silverrowan, March 16, 2010, 11:26:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

silverrowan

So, after an archive trawl I noticed that Oolongs 'new color scheme' http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Ab_061.php looks very much like Jin's. If Mink's mom looked rather like the founder (as a direct descendant its possible, I assume?) then that might explain Mink's awkwardness around Oolong.

maybe?

Oh, and can Oolong change the form of the "body" beyond color?

AmigaDragon

IIRC that (bunny) "body" is more or less just a puppet limb. It might not be as instant as 'cubi can do but I'm guessing that her shape shifting of it is a possibility. I just don't recall how much was said about it in the past.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: silverrowan on March 16, 2010, 11:26:13 PM
If Mink's mom looked rather like the founder (as a direct descendant its possible, I assume?) then that might explain Mink's awkwardness around Oolong.
Who's Mink's mom, and how is she related to Oolong? I don't see where you're going with this...

Janus Whitefurr

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on March 17, 2010, 12:31:10 AM
Quote from: silverrowan on March 16, 2010, 11:26:13 PM
If Mink's mom looked rather like the founder (as a direct descendant its possible, I assume?) then that might explain Mink's awkwardness around Oolong.
Who's Mink's mom, and how is she related to Oolong? I don't see where you're going with this...

I suspect the reference is to everyone's joyful clan founder Jin.
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on March 17, 2010, 01:30:55 AM
I suspect the reference is to everyone's joyful clan founder Jin.
I... still don't get it. :B

AmigaDragon

I'm guessing it's an attempt at making a family connection between Oolong and Mink, when the only relationship between them is Librarian and Borrower... unless she also teaches classes, in which case we could add Teacher and Student.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Nekette

I believe I understand the question enough to clear it up...

silverrowan is asking if Oolong's new color scheme reminds Mink of ... his/her Mother, and -that-'s why Mink is awkward around the librarian.
I could be wrong, but that's how I read it. :B

psilorder

Quote from: Nekette on March 17, 2010, 03:50:30 AM
I believe I understand the question enough to clear it up...

silverrowan is asking if Oolong's new color scheme reminds Mink of ... his/her Mother, and -that-'s why Mink is awkward around the librarian.
I could be wrong, but that's how I read it. :B

Yeah, that's how i also read it.

Mao

Or it could be the fact that it doesn't give off emotions like most creatures, moves in awkward jerky movements and oh.. it's a massive monster that inhabits and runs the library.  Yeah.  No awkwardness there.  Oh, and let's not forget her friendly antics with Abel.. the whole shirt removal, and rather.. friendly.. tentacle placements.  Yeah.  Mink may be a squiggly and have tentacles all of it's own.. but I can see some grounds to be a little awkward.

Rakyth

Quote from: Mao Laoren on March 17, 2010, 06:57:22 AM
Or it could be the fact that it doesn't give off emotions like most creatures, moves in awkward jerky movements and oh.. it's a massive monster that inhabits and runs the library.  Yeah.  No awkwardness there.  Oh, and let's not forget her friendly antics with Abel.. the whole shirt removal, and rather.. friendly.. tentacle placements.  Yeah.  Mink may be a squiggly and have tentacles all of it's own.. but I can see some grounds to be a little awkward.

Not to mention that each 'limb' is seemingly asleep and the transition instant.

silverrowan

oops, didn't mean to abandon my thread.

and yes, there are lots of reasons for most cubi to be creeeped out by Oolong, but I got the impression that Mink was abnormally so.

and Nekette had the interpretation correct. Sorry I wasn't clearer, I should know better than to make posts when I'm that tired.