22/02/2010 [AS2 #91] - Keeping mum

Started by Feather Dancer, February 22, 2010, 04:52:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiger_T

So now we'll shift into a 100 page sidestory of Minks backstory... >:3 :rolleyes :P :3
Tigriel's got a guest:

A Furry fan, that's what I am! - Proud member of the AP-Team. - Avatar Art by INK

Roach Lord

You don't expect people like Mink to say sad things. It just doesn't concur with the reality in your mind.

jeffh4

So the yesterday's DMFA comic is about Abel, today's comic is about Abel, and no doubt all next week will be about Abel.

So much for Dan and Mab.  Welcome to the All-Abel channel!  :-)

I could see how Abel would react angrily, assuming that Mink has read his mind uninvited.

I can also see that this is a key decision point for Abel. Does he let someone else in or continue keeping everyone at wing's length?  Current odds are 4-1 in favor of Wing's Length.

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Mrs_A_ZeTavia on February 22, 2010, 12:28:46 PM
Wow, Mink's mom was murdered?! D: I wonder who did it? Was it during the Dragon-Cubi war? :confused

Well I can understand the suicide attempt (been there, have moved on  :)); but I'm glad to see that Mink is being happy again!  :3 At least I hope so, I will admit hearing this and now the fall, I'm wondering if he is truly well.... :(

Who ever said anything about a suicide attempt? Mink only said he "kind of wanted to die".

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 22, 2010, 03:59:36 PM
Quote from: Professor Fate on February 22, 2010, 03:55:30 PM
Okay.  I am seriously confused. I have digged everywhere for an answer. So I joined so I could get one.  Mink.  :3 Where does it say that "him/her's" gender?

It doesn't.  Mythos don't necessarily have a normal male/female gender, there are other wholly different sexes as well.  I think people call Mink 'he' because he doesn't obviously have breasts...

And yet Matilda does have them. Anyway, IIRC Amber has called Mink "him".
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

Quote from: AmigaDragon on February 22, 2010, 07:50:23 PM
Quote from: Mrs_A_ZeTavia on February 22, 2010, 12:28:46 PM
Wow, Mink's mom was murdered?! D: I wonder who did it? Was it during the Dragon-Cubi war? :confused

Well I can understand the suicide attempt suicidal thoughts (been there, have moved on  :)); but I'm glad to see that Mink is being happy again!  :3 At least I hope so, I will admit hearing this and now the fall, I'm wondering if he is truly well.... :(

Who ever said anything about a suicide attempt? Mink only said he "kind of wanted to die".

My bad, I read it wrong...........:sweatdrop

Rakyth

Woo! Amber, congrats. Only 9 more pages to go on a 200 page backstory on the guy with a bajillion spots!

Lore

How curious; Given that I doubted the nature of this forum would have changed much in the past 4 years, I had assumed that in fairly short accord someone would have suggested that Mink was a figment of Abel's imagination.

AmigaDragon

Quote from: rakyth on February 23, 2010, 01:37:59 AM
Woo! Amber, congrats. Only 9 more pages to go on a 200 page backstory on the guy with a bajillion spots!

Only 9 more until 200. that doesn't mean she'll necessarily stop there. The 200 was likely just a rough target so long ago.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

FeralFurrae

I shall make my first post here an intriguing one, ponder this- What if Mink's mum was that one mythos that was one of Abel's childhood friends who later lived with/worked for his family and was murdered by Aniz? :U What was her name anyway...?

(edit)- Found it, her name was Hennya.

Bjalf

Quote from: FeralFurrae on February 23, 2010, 04:40:00 AM
I shall make my first post here an intriguing one, ponder this- What if Mink's mum was that one mythos that was one of Abel's childhood friends who later lived with/worked for his family and was murdered by Aniz? :U What was her name anyway...?

(edit)- Found it, her name was Hennya.

But Abel came to SAIA right after that, and met Mink fairly soon afterwards. I'd think that Mink would be sadder than this.

Naldru

Quote from: Lore on February 23, 2010, 02:39:47 AM
How curious; Given that I doubted the nature of this forum would have changed much in the past 4 years, I had assumed that in fairly short accord someone would have suggested that Mink was a figment of Abel's imagination.

Oolong has also interacted with Mink in Abel's presence, and referred to Mink by name.  For Mink to be a figment of Abel's imagination, many other things would also have to be hallucinations.  At that point, we would have to stop thinking logically about the story (albeit sometimes in an illogical manner), and what would be the fun of that.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Janus Whitefurr

Quote from: Bjalf on February 23, 2010, 07:28:14 AM
But Abel came to SAIA right after that, and met Mink fairly soon afterwards. I'd think that Mink would be sadder than this.

That entire comic is what totally endeared me to Mink as a character. So full of JOY!

Quote from: Lore on February 23, 2010, 02:39:47 AM

....wow. Never thought I'd see you in here.
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Turnsky

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Lore

Quote from: Naldru on February 23, 2010, 07:40:35 AM
At that point, we would have to stop thinking logically

Hence my surprise at not seeing such an idea mentioned.

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on February 23, 2010, 07:48:59 AM

Act of whimsy; I chanced an encounter with someone bearing a semblance to herself and it would come to play on my mind.   A cursory glance through the comic later, it pattered to garner myself some attention as it were.  There hardly seems any, in retrospect, reason to illicit such an action.  Certainly it stands against my creedence, what with absconding from all and every, perhaps I shall live to regret it.

Alas we live in the moment.

jeffh4

Quote from: Lore on February 23, 2010, 10:05:27 AM
Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on February 23, 2010, 07:48:59 AM

Act of whimsy; I chanced an encounter with someone bearing a semblance to herself and it would come to play on my mind.   A cursory glance through the comic later, it pattered to garner myself some attention as it were.  There hardly seems any, in retrospect, reason to illicit such an action.  Certainly it stands against my creedence, what with absconding from all and every, perhaps I shall live to regret it.

Alas we live in the moment.
Lore, after a obtuse spiel like that, I've decided you are a figment of my imagination.  That and the fact that I need to stop taking so much cough medicine in the morning!    :)

Angel

...Oh snap.

Abel, give that boy a hug. Now. Do it. No questions. HUG HIM!

So someone who has gone through what may be a similar pain to Abel's (not the same, just similar) turned out this bouncy, and he turned out like he did. Interestink. We should learn more about Mink. How old is he? Why did he latch on to Abel? Will something bad or good happen to him in the near future? Also, quick question: do most students stay at the school for as long as they can?
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Tapewolf

Quote from: Black_angel on February 23, 2010, 01:03:07 PM
Abel, give that boy a hug. Now. Do it. No questions. HUG HIM!

I'm hoping it goes like that.  Abel might go completely nuts assuming that Mink was reading his thoughts or something  :<

QuoteWe should learn more about Mink. How old is he? Why did he latch on to Abel? Will something bad or good happen to him in the near future? Also, quick question: do most students stay at the school for as long as they can?
Mink is less than 58k years old, that's all we really know.  It looks like he's still at the Academy if the introductory pages of the Clan Leaders arc are to be believed.
His clan seems to keep its members mostly in the Academy by the looks, presumably to avoid Hizell snacking on the rest of them...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

iceick

Quote from: AmigaDragon on February 23, 2010, 03:35:47 AM

Only 9 more until 200. that doesn't mean she'll necessarily stop there. The 200 was likely just a rough target so long ago.
I wonder if Amber will give us the option to donate to see Regina's backstory after she's done with this one.

Tapewolf

Quote from: iceick on February 23, 2010, 02:23:01 PM
I wonder if Amber will give us the option to donate to see Regina's backstory after she's done with this one.

She's already planned the next project after Abel's Story ends.  I think it's a non-DMFA thing, though.  Certainly all the characters are new.

Anker Steadfast

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

AmigaDragon

Quote from: iceick on February 23, 2010, 02:23:01 PM

For Regina I think we can live with occasional flashbacks or wall-o-texts.

Roach Lord

I actually wanted a backstory on Regina.

Rakyth

Quote from: AmigaDragon on February 23, 2010, 03:35:47 AM

IIRC, it was one of those donation war things. Contenders were Regina and Abel. Winner received a 200 page backstory.

...Abel only won by about 10 bucks [Amber lost, here, folks-I can't think of anybody who would want to draw that many spots.]...but Abel won.

That being said, I bet if you take the average number of spots from the last 5 pages of backstory and compare them with the average number of spots of 5 pages of Abel pre-backstory, you'll see a difference.

Wohoo, project.

Tapewolf

Quote from: rakyth on February 24, 2010, 02:34:35 AM
IIRC, it was one of those donation war things. Contenders were Regina and Abel. Winner received a 200 page backstory.

Whether Regina's backstory would have lasted this long is an open question.

jeffh4

Quote from: Roach Lord on February 23, 2010, 11:27:42 PM
I actually wanted a backstory on Regina.
I second the motion.  After all, in the donation war that decided whose backstory would be told, Regina only lost to Abel by a bit, and only after a final day flurry of donations for Abel.

Bjalf

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 24, 2010, 08:55:11 AM
Quote from: rakyth on February 24, 2010, 02:34:35 AM

Whether Regina's backstory would have lasted this long is an open question.

I can't see Regina having any depth at all. Abel's like an onion, he makes you cry  he smells he's got layers upon layers, while Regina has all the depth of Paris Hilton. I'd rather read the backstory of the basement rats than of Regina. Fluffy, even!

Anker Steadfast

Fluffy isn't canon, besides Fluffy's story has already been told.

Now, Fa'Lina's story on the other hand, that's a story I'd like really to read. :)

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Bjalf on February 24, 2010, 09:34:31 AM
I can't see Regina having any depth at all. Abel's like an onion, he makes you cry  he smells he's got layers upon layers, while Regina has all the depth of Paris Hilton. I'd rather read the backstory of the basement rats than of Regina. Fluffy, even!

Actually, AFAIK it would have been about Regina (during the time she tried to murder everyone) but the actual focus of the story would have been Dan, not her.

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on February 24, 2010, 09:42:47 AM
Now, Fa'Lina's story on the other hand, that's a story I'd like really to read. :)

I don't think I would.  From what I hear it would make Abel's Story seem like a comedy.

Sind

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 23, 2010, 01:51:47 PM
QuoteWe should learn more about Mink. How old is he? Why did he latch on to Abel? Will something bad or good happen to him in the near future? Also, quick question: do most students stay at the school for as long as they can?
Mink is less than 58k years old, that's all we really know.  It looks like he's still at the Academy if the introductory pages of the Clan Leaders arc are to be believed.
His clan seems to keep its members mostly in the Academy by the looks, presumably to avoid Hizell snacking on the rest of them...
Is the clan-leaders arc proved to be in current DMFA-timeline?
For all we know, it might have happened even before Abel joined the academy =/

Also: aww, I don't want Abel's story to end D=

Tapewolf

Quote from: Sind on February 24, 2010, 10:30:34 AM
Is the clan-leaders arc proved to be in current DMFA-timeline?
For all we know, it might have happened even before Abel joined the academy =/
Abel didn't recognise a handheld camera, chances are they didn't have laptops or internet access 400 years ago.  But you never can tell.