02/07/10 [DMFA #1086] - I don't like mind games... or do I?

Started by Lisky, February 07, 2010, 01:12:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lisky

hehehe, angry Abel rant made me giggle... as did the "I'd ship that"

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Netrogo

I'm actually a bit bewildered by the whole 'ship that' comment. I mean I get why people say hit that when refering to sex, or even some of the other words (tap, nail, etc) but ship? Not that I have problems with making up more ways to sound perverted but.... ship?
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

OminousShadow

Woah! Abel... actually threatened Wildy and is still alive? Abel is now Symbol of Awesomeness in my book.... more-so than before.
97% of teens would cry if they saw Robert Pattinson (Edward Cullen from Twilight) standing on top of a skyscraper, about to jump. If you're one of the 3% who would sit there eating popcorn screaming "DO A FLIP, YOU SPARKLY (I am not smart enough to use polite words)!" then copy and paste.

Howl

I wonder how he would've reacted if he knew Jy-squeak likes him like that. As for reading into his reaction, he's making it totally clear he's not an asshole. He doesn't want to hurt Jy for no reason.

Jim Halisstrad

jeffh4

Quote from: Netrogo on February 07, 2010, 01:20:57 AM
I'm actually a bit bewildered by the whole 'ship that' comment. I mean I get why people say hit that when refering to sex, or even some of the other words (tap, nail, etc) but ship? Not that I have problems with making up more ways to sound perverted but.... ship?
I stand corrected by the post below.  "Shipping" appears to be bit vague, but Wildy seems to be rooting for Jy and Abel to have a relation"ship".

Abel's right, by the way. After all the meddling Jyrras' sisters try to do in his personal life, Jyrras would not like to be set up on a date by anyone.

Indy

Quote from: Netrogo on February 07, 2010, 01:20:57 AM

If you mean what I think you mean, it doesn't actually refer to any desire of Wildy's to hit, nail, tap or otherwise sexually inconvenience Abel. "Shipping" in fandom generally refers to an act of fictional matchmaking. It's a continuity nod to Wildy's obsession with Yu Gi Oh fanfiction, which I think we can all guess the nature of by now.

Sprinkles

Someone got to explaining the "ship that" comment before me  :< Alas.

Also, although I can sort of understand why people dislike Wildy, I rather like her. Despite how Abel took her nosy-ing, it's clear that Wildy was simply investigating for Jyrras' sake no matter how much it seemed to Abel that she had some other hidden agenda. P:

RandomMetaphysics

Well now, that certainly made my day awesome.  :3
Not that often we get to see Abel's "soft" side.I can see why Abel doesn't like mind games, as he did self-proclaim himself an "honest jerk" to Jyrras.

Thing about Wildy's mind games... didn't Abel just fall for one right there? I get the feeling Abel thought Wildy was trying to screw around with Jyrras (and him as well).

Quote from: Sprinkles on February 07, 2010, 01:40:05 AM
Also, although I can sort of understand why people dislike Wildy, I rather like her. Despite how Abel took her nosy-ing, it's clear that Wildy was simply investigating for Jyrras' sake no matter how much it seemed to Abel that she had some other hidden agenda. P:
I agree, it seems Wildy wanted to see the type of person Abel was. Thus, wouldn't anyone else here call that a "mind-game?"  :mowdizzy
I certainly would.

On another note, I have finally figured out what Wildy is. She's a combination of two things, definitions of which can be found on TV Tropes and Idioms. They are the Trickster and Manipulative [censorship]. :U

Janus Whitefurr

DAMNIT!

Rant or not, she effing got away with it!
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Dagardo

Quote from: Minishear on February 07, 2010, 01:51:22 AM
Quote from: Jim Halisstrad on February 07, 2010, 01:33:26 AM
Ok.  NOW I'm gay for Able.

It's Abel, dammit.

Correcting people wont stop them from spelling Able's >:3 name wrong.

On a more related note, I am interested in the culmination of Wildy's plan. Which seems like it will result in another novel book thing. Which I like.

Madmann135

Quote from: Minishear on February 07, 2010, 01:51:22 AM
Quote from: Jim Halisstrad on February 07, 2010, 01:33:26 AM
Ok.  NOW I'm gay for Able.

It's Abel, dammit.

... I have a certain spot for Able now, FYI I consider myself not attracted to males.  Able has a certain addictive personality.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

e_voyager

wow she's good to play a mind game on someone with that many years of experience. miss san has gone up a notch in the non violent category of my respect tables
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Titanium Dragon

QuoteI wonder how he would've reacted if he knew Jy-squeak likes him like that.

Who says he doesn't? Indeed, I rather felt that when he put up the last mindshield, it was implied he did, in fact, know that Jyrras had a crush on him.

Bjalf

Quote from: Titanium Dragon on February 07, 2010, 07:15:48 AM
QuoteI wonder how he would've reacted if he knew Jy-squeak likes him like that.

Who says he doesn't? Indeed, I rather felt that when he put up the last mindshield, it was implied he did, in fact, know that Jyrras had a crush on him.

I thought Jy didn't get his crush until after the shield was in place?

Scarydragon

Why is everyone acting like Wildy got away with messing with Abel? It seems to me that she tried to manipulate him into hooking up with Jyrras and Abel called her out on it.
And I'm pretty sure when Abel said "I do -not- like mind games", he meant, "do not mess with me".
A Scarydragon approaches!

[Attack]
>[Word Play]
     [Sarcasm]
     [Innuendo]
     [Backwards Logic]
     [Puns]
   >[Sarcasm]
  [Procrastinate]
  [Item]

Tapewolf

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on February 07, 2010, 02:12:34 AM
DAMNIT!
Rant or not, she effing got away with it!

I see it not so much as a rant but as a Final Warning.  Which is an improvement.
Though I suspect that Dan would interfere if he ever gets around to bringing her down a peg.  Mind you, that itself might be pretty cool to watch - I could easily imagine him laying into Dan about what Aniz did and why Wildy shouldn't be allowed to do anything similar.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Janus Whitefurr

Quote from: Scarydragon on February 07, 2010, 07:52:04 AM
Why is everyone acting like Wildy got away with messing with Abel? It seems to me that she tried to manipulate him into hooking up with Jyrras and Abel called her out on it.

Because she walked away from it with an (unseen by Abel) smirk and a witty remark. This just makes it look as if she brushed off his rant-warning and continued on her merrily self-absorbed way, without even apologising for pestering someone about their personal life.

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 07, 2010, 07:57:40 AM
I see it not so much as a rant but as a Final Warning.  Which is an improvement.
Though I suspect that Dan would interfere if he ever gets around to bringing her down a peg.  Mind you, that itself might be pretty cool to watch - I could easily imagine him laying into Dan about what Aniz did and why Wildy shouldn't be allowed to do anything similar.

I grow increasingly concerned each time we appear to be operating on near-similar wavelengths like that. It's just not right.  :P
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on February 07, 2010, 08:14:14 AM
I grow increasingly concerned each time we appear to be operating on near-similar wavelengths like that. It's just not right.  :P

It happens more than you might think.  Most likely it's just that we disagree more vocally than we agree.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Scarydragon

Because she walked away from it with an (unseen by Abel) smirk and a witty remark. This just makes it look as if she brushed off his rant-warning and continued on her merrily self-absorbed way, without even apologising for pestering someone about their personal life.

I guess to me it was more of a "well played, good sir", rather than "I totally just played him for a sucker".

More likely than not, Wildy probably respects Abel simply for standing up for himself and everyone she messes with, and for saying up front that he will not be taking any more of her bullshit.

Also, she was ejected from the Inn fairly abruptly, so it's no wonder she didn't apologize. (I seriously doubt she would have anyways.)
A Scarydragon approaches!

[Attack]
>[Word Play]
     [Sarcasm]
     [Innuendo]
     [Backwards Logic]
     [Puns]
   >[Sarcasm]
  [Procrastinate]
  [Item]

Sunblink

I am now so straight for Abel that my adoration for his character has twisted into a paradox, thus making me Gay For Abel.

This was his Crowning Moment of Awesome.

Quote from: Scarydragon on February 07, 2010, 08:40:43 AM
I guess to me it was more of a "well played, good sir", rather than "I totally just played him for a sucker".

More likely than not, Wildy probably respects Abel simply for standing up for himself and everyone she messes with, and for saying up front that he will not be taking any more of her bullshit.

I'm gonna agree with this.

chaotik

All i know is I agree with Abel on one thing: I don't like wildy. At first i thought she was just spunky, with an in-your-face personality. looking back now...i think she's just MEAN....as bad in her way as any of the more uppity demons we've seen. Wildy is NOT a hero of this piece..shand as Abel pointed out, she's not even really a freind. Sadly, i expect the chances of her actually getting taken down a peg are about equal to Dan actaully showing himself to be a competant adventurer. (which I haven't seen yet)  Come to think of it, I'm starting to notice that all of the male characters in the comic are being put through grief several orders of magnitude above anything the females are subject to....THEY just seem to skate away scot-free,

Kesh

The best part about all this?

It shows that Abel likes Jyrras enough to stand up and protect him.  >:3
But there's no sense crying over every mistake.
You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
And the Science gets done.
And you make a neat gun.
For the people who are still alive.

Lucheek

Hmm.

Abel doesn't like mind games? It seems to me he's been playing a lot himself. :P

Also....Jyjy doesn't like being set up? Hoohoohooo... I hope that's foreshadowing for the fruits of this strip to show up. I'm rather excited for the return of Dette. I liked her.

Angel

Um.........wow. Just wow.

I thought I was gay for Abel before but... DAYUM. As of this moment, he rocks.

And I didn't quite get what Wildy was doing till you guys speculated it so much you explained it. So thanks! I can still like Wildy now without feeling guilty. :3
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Les

And I'm pretty sure when Abel said "I do -not- like mind games", he meant, "do not mess with me".

Because Wildy San came in there making it seem like she was just cruising for random gay dudes with the intent to toss them at Jyrras, each attempted match more hilariously fail than the last, purely for her own twisted entertainment.. and Abel totally fell for it.

In actuality, Wildy was 'souding-out' Abel to see if he was well and truly worthy of the affections of her Jy-Squeek.  Wildy tested Abel and did not find him wanting, and now she is most pleased.
Long live Space Race, Long live... Molvania!

Arcblade

I kind of think it was all more of a test of Abel's personality.  She's seen as much as she needs by non-interference.  Now she has to churn things up a bit to see how Abel reacts.  And he reacted pretty well, all things considered.  Remember, she is sibling to Biggs.  More violent and quick-tempered, but I'm willing to bet she has some of that same manipulative mind.  

All things considered, I don't think it'd be too hard for her to mislead Abel into believing her "matchmaker" setup, mind shield or not.  Her reputation speaks for her, making it easy to believe she'd be just that much of a jerk to try to matchmake away Jyrras' problems.  If Abel's not expecting her to be any better than that, he won't look any further than he needs to verify his suspicions.  

So, my final judgement on Wildy?  Just a friend, looking out for her friend, albeit in a twisted, misleading sort of way.  I don't think she actually had intentions of trying to matchmake them together.  Just testing Abel to make sure he's not as much of a jerk as he pretends to be.

Edit: Les beat me to it.  Heh.   

D'ymkarra

Quote from: Dagardo on February 07, 2010, 02:40:32 AM

On a more related note, I am interested in the culmination of Wildy's plan. Which seems like it will result in another novel book thing. Which I like.

Agreed...methinks we'll be seeing a more fictional exploration of the Abel/ Jyrras storyline at the hands of Wildy's warped little mind...And obviously when Abel finds out about it, he will NOT be anywhere near as forgiving as Jyrras was over the whole Janus Bond fiasco : readies popcorn:
'It'd be such an honour, to be personally smacked upside the head by the artist herself' - Bjalf