Lemme get this straight... You want introverts to say "Hi"...

Started by Drayco84, January 24, 2010, 11:42:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drayco84

Despite the fact that a good number of them have painful, debilitating shyness?! Ugh...

Anywho, love both DMFA and Castlevania RPG. Thanks to DMFA, I finally worked up the courage to make my own website (http://dragonoftwilight.net) to host a novel I've been working on for the past year or so, (Another +1 to the lives Amber's destroyed!) And I've noticed something very important... I'm lacking visitors!

So yes, this post boils down to "Look at me! Not here but over there!" and some shameless self-promotion. (I'm also complaining about calling attention to myself, yet I'm calling even more attention to myself! My brain is obviously broken!)

llearch n'n'daCorna

Mmm.

Are you joining us, and merely mentioning your site, or are you deliberately breaching the rules which, as a new signer, you have read?

Since they're in the T&Cs you agreed to in order to get here, and they're linked at the top of every page...

Let me think here for a minute.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Drayco84

Joining and merely mentioning. (Otherwise I would've tried to give a plot synopsis or something...)

EDIT: I also have a hard time beginning conversations.

EDIT 2: I've also had about six hours of sleep and I'm pretty sure the caffeine levels in my blood are nearing toxic levels. ANd I'm saying this because I'm feeling SO FRIGGIN' HAPPY! (Somebody shoot me with a tranquilizer, please!)

llearch n'n'daCorna

Okay, I guess that's a reasonable excuse. ;-]

You might want to ease off on the caffeine, there, though. While we don't mind the odd post that is garbled, continual posting in that frame of reference tends to get the mods looking at you grumpily. Just so you know...

Drayco84

I'll keep that in mind. I hear the banhammers 'round here really hurt... (Not that I've ever been hit with a banhammer before, btw.)

llearch n'n'daCorna

Nah. I've used the banhammers lots of times and they've never hurt me.

... oh, wait. You mean when they hit you?

Lysander

Hey, Drayco. Seems like a well enough introduction to me. I never even made an intro thread when I first appeared :P. So, welcome to this interesting place...  :januscat
TytajLucheek

Darkmoon

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 24, 2010, 05:47:14 PM
Nah. I've used the banhammers lots of times and they've never hurt me.

... oh, wait. You mean when they hit you?

It's as the saying goes, "this is going to hurt you a lot more than it hurts me." I mean, it's direct and honest. I appreciate that.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

thegayhare

Darkmoon For some reason I just noticed your avi reminds me of an old fashioned sea mine

*taps*
:explosion

*coughs*

Oh Thats why

*waves*

hello Drayco

I'm TGH

I'm no one speceal realy but you may see me around from time to time so I thought I'd say hi

*hands you a ticking package and runs like hell*

Wait If thats where I put my new alarm clock where's the bomb
:explosion
*coughs*
never mind found it

Drayco84

Thegayhare, how often did you watch Loony Tunes/Merry Melodies? Just curious...

thegayhare

Actualy not to much anymore... Ive just seen them all and get bored watching them over again

Though I still watch marvin the martian cartoons from time to time

Suwako

Pft, shyness has no place on the internets.

I mean, ... no personal stuff!  :U

Oh godz, it hurts.

Drayco84

In a somewhat related matter, anyone know how to shrink an avatar pic?

EDIT: Nvm, I got it.

Suwako

Quote from: Drayco84 on January 25, 2010, 04:04:45 PM
In a somewhat related matter, anyone know how to shrink an avatar pic?

Paint
Paint.net
Photobucket ( it has tools )

there are also image shrinkers MENTIONED in the Rules section.
Provided by someone. *cough*

Bottom.

Drayco84

Found it, it's all the way at the bottom but I found it. (Avatar is 120 x 95 px, so it's in compliance.)

EDIT: Oh, and I don't have paint. Plus, GIMP is too powerful for me to figure out how to use... (Regardless, it won't take pics off my HD. I tried that first...)

Suwako

Quote from: Drayco84 on January 25, 2010, 04:56:26 PM
Found it, it's all the way at the bottom but I found it. (Avatar is 120 x 95 px, so it's in compliance.)

Hence the 'Bottom' in my prior comment.

Quote from: Drayco84 on January 25, 2010, 04:56:26 PM

EDIT: Oh, and I don't have paint. Plus, GIMP is too powerful for me to figure out how to use... (Regardless, it won't take pics off my HD. I tried that first...)

xD, Gimp is not that hard, but.. oh well.