12/27/09 [DMFA #1071] - Two plus two equals catfish

Started by Joe3210, December 27, 2009, 12:12:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Scrap Fish on December 27, 2009, 09:06:00 AM
Anyway, the salad seems to be here.

So? Did you miss that panel? Alexsi said "when the salad arrives" and the salad arrived. Which is why she amended that to "main course".

Sheesh. I begin to wonder about the people who post here. Myself included...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

PencilinHand

Quote from: Goatmon on December 27, 2009, 04:13:28 AM
Irony isn't an emotion.

True, but I think there is some emotion or emotions experienced when the irony of something strikes someone.  I don't know how to describe it.   In a way, kind of like how poetic justice feels, though much less easily described.

My comment was a stab in the dark anyway.

--------

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on December 27, 2009, 10:01:28 AM
Aw, baby Pyroduck wants to hug the big glowy Phoenix oracle. That's adorable. :)

Quote from: Orion Asmodeus Dezagrats on December 27, 2009, 12:22:18 AM
So wait, does three plus three equal hammerhead shark?

If it did, I would've enjoyed calculus a lot more. :P

Good god. Can you imagine what algebra would be like? D: In 2x + 5 = 25,  X would literally mean xylophone.

This post would've been more meaningful but my head is kind of achy.

My multi-variable calculus professor once did a problem demonstration with  :)  :<  :/ in place of x, y, and z to prove a point about any variable being valid.  Everybody was, including my professor, thoroughly confused and we ended up changing back to x, y, and z so we could finish the problem.

Shachza

So, if we want to calculate the tangent; Y=m(X-X1)+Y1.  Using proper math we get Y=Amber([Feather/Green]-[Sleep-(Sandwich*Omnom)])+PS3.  1+1=Swordfish is a given, so when we solve we get Y=3+/-Jello

So Amber's next tangent should be in 3 updates, with a margin for error of Jello.

Quote from: PencilinHand on December 27, 2009, 01:12:14 PM
My multi-variable calculus professor once did a problem demonstration with  :)  :<  :/ in place of x, y, and z to prove a point about any variable being valid.  Everybody was, including my professor, thoroughly confused and we ended up changing back to x, y, and z so we could finish the problem.

That's an easy one: :mowcookie
            <-- #1 that is!

llearch n'n'daCorna

My multi-variable calculus professor once did a problem demonstration with  :)  :<  :/ in place of x, y, and z to prove a point about any variable being valid.  Everybody was, including my professor, thoroughly confused and we ended up changing back to x, y, and z so we could finish the problem.

Heh. That might have been more useful if you'd enabled the "no smileys" option...

Prof B Hunnydew

Quote from: Shachza on December 27, 2009, 01:19:35 PM
So, if we want to calculate the tangent; Y=m(X-X1)+Y1.  Using proper math we get Y=Amber([Feather/Green]-[Sleep-(Sandwich*Omnom)])+PS3.  1+1=Swordfish is a given, so when we solve we get Y=3+/-Jello

So Amber's next tangent should be in 3 updates, with a margin for error of Jello.

My multi-variable calculus professor once did a problem demonstration with  :)  :<  :/ in place of x, y, and z to prove a point about any variable being valid.  Everybody was, including my professor, thoroughly confused and we ended up changing back to x, y, and z so we could finish the problem.

That's an easy one: :mowcookie

One finds that you can use anything as a variable, in math or computer programming... But it helps to use something that makes sense to you or to what the variable is for.  

OK, I am surprised how sane Pyroduck is after being raised by a phoenix?

PBH

Naldru

If Pyroduck was raised by the Phoenix Oracles, then statements such as this one "stating that he was from the future" may have to be interpreted in terms of this fact.  Perhaps Pyroduck does not come from the future, but instead represents the future, a future where cubi and dragons and beings can live in peace with one another.  Perhaps the great grandchildren that Pyroduck referred do not represent his physical children but instead represent the descendants of his actions.  Perhaps reading this strip will reveal the sound of one hand clapping.

The statements by Mab in this strip would make more sense if Mab knew that Pyroduck was a dragon.

The logical candidate for Biggs' agent in this case would be Pyroduck.

Edit:

Regarding the possibility of Pyroduck being Biggs' agent.

Pyroduck has visited the Twinks territory often.

In the two episodes where Destania's children visited the Twinks territory  (Dan's visit was voluntary, but Alexsi's was not.) and were seen by Destania, Pyroduck was involved.

The information provided to Biggs was about Edward and not directly related to genocide against the dragons.

Biggs has multiple plans going.

If Destania and Biggs are considering total genocide, that would mean the death of infants, a very sore point with Fa'Lina.  Fa'Lina and Pyroduck could be trying to introduce a less genocidal alternative.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Corgatha Taldorthar

Really? I'm not so convinced that Pyroduck would be working for Biggs. But then again, this is founded on two assumptions, that

A. Destania's plan, that Biggs is helping with, involves draconic genocide.

B. Pyroduck is cagey enough to know what they'd be up to.

Given those two, neither one of which seem all that much of a stretch, would indicate to me that he's not one of Biggs's agents, and that his comment about it being an interesting meeting refers that he knows Alexsi's "mother" is a 'Cubi, of whom dragons do *not* get along. (And possibly thinking of his own raising.)
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Chakat Blackspots

Hopefully Alexsi will warm up to Pyroduck and actually begin to like him better.

Arcblade

Bwarg.  Okay, so Pyroduck's dad was Fa'Lina's clan's slayer.  I wonder how Aniz' clan was involved, then...

Scrap Fish

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on December 27, 2009, 10:59:51 AM
Quote from: Scrap Fish on December 27, 2009, 09:06:00 AM
Anyway, the salad seems to be here.

So? Did you miss that panel? Alexsi said "when the salad arrives" and the salad arrived. Which is why she amended that to "main course".

Sheesh. I begin to wonder about the people who post here. Myself included...
Oh? That was the salad? Guess I missed the whole thing.
It does make more sense now.
Er, my bad. I found the last three all at the same time and didn't absorb them properly before posting.

Just spreading the confusion around. There's enough for everybody!

Orion Asmodeus Dezagrats

Quote from: Arcblade on December 27, 2009, 08:34:39 PM
Bwarg.  Okay, so Pyroduck's dad was Fa'Lina's clan's slayer.  I wonder how Aniz' clan was involved, then...

Aniz said that his clan took Falina's clan's desire to save/help people as a sign of weakness.
While it would appear that something was implied, it doesn't necessarily mean they were involved in Fa'lina's clan being wiped out. It may have resulted in a skirmish prior to that incident. Or, if Clan Siar were involved, then perhaps they made a deal with Pyroduck's father and helped in some way.

...I swear I don't understand what I just said. My fingers just seem to be vomiting my random thoughts all over my keyboard.
"There are things in life that we hold dear... Truths that we learn almost since the day we are born... beliefs that are solid as stone .... Then the wind blows a direction it cannot and certainty becomes an echo, and truth is sometimes deceiving."                          --Melpomene, Clan of the Cats

PencilinHand

Quote from: Naldru on December 27, 2009, 05:52:46 PM
If Pyroduck was raised by the Phoenix Oracles, then statements such as this one "stating that he was from the future" may have to be interpreted in terms of this fact.  Perhaps Pyroduck does not come from the future, but instead represents the future, a future where cubi and dragons and beings can live in peace with one another.  Perhaps the great grandchildren that Pyroduck referred do not represent his physical children but instead represent the descendants of his actions.  Perhaps reading this strip will reveal the sound of one hand clapping.

The statements by Mab in this strip would make more sense if Mab knew that Pyroduck was a dragon.

The logical candidate for Biggs' agent in this case would be Pyroduck.

Considering Fa'Lina and Mab are old/new friends and what else we know about Mab it isn't unlikely that she knew Pyroduck was a dragon.

Also, I doubt P-Ducky would be an active or willing participant in Biggs plans.  P-Ducky's character seems to me tobe above something like what I imagine Biggs would do.  At the very least he would have intentionally been misleading to Alexsi back in #726 as he would almost certainly had to have worked with Destania and would have seen through her disguise.  Along with Destania likely recognizing P-Ducky as a dragon, though that could be mitigated by her knowing his affiliation with Fa'Lina.

Shachza

Quote from: PencilinHand on December 28, 2009, 12:39:02 AM
P-Ducky's character seems to me tobe above something like what I imagine Biggs would do.

And thus, he would have the perfect cover!  Janus Bond would be proud to face a villan of the caliber Pduck would be if he turns out to be one.

And now my head hurts.  What just happened?
            <-- #1 that is!

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Orion Asmodeus Dezagrats on December 27, 2009, 11:38:53 PM
...I swear I don't understand what I just said. My fingers just seem to be vomiting my random thoughts all over my keyboard.

So... why did you hit post?

Lego3400

Alondro

In fact, secret government documents that vanished just after I saw them and can never be found again indicated that Pyroduck's father was not responsible at all!

It was the unknown dragons hiding in the grassy knoll...  :shifty
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

joshofspam

Well giving family To a Tri wing that lost their intire clan might have been a have been a greater gift than what she first thought would be the babes last breath.

After all a gift, doesn't have to be viewed the same way by the receiver as it is by the giver.

If a positive emotion is the Dimanika clan's preferred emotion they might have wanted to get Fa'lina out of her funk of losing her clan by giving her a snack but would be even more enjoyed that they would give her something she could never have on her own and quite obviously want.

This one thing would be family. :hug
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Anker Steadfast

If y'all think that Oracle Math is complicated, you should see their physics lessons!!

At least their Psychology classes are fairly straight forward, though the examn is kinda hard.
You are given a cookies, which you are not allowed to eat for a whole hour, and if you manage to convince it to become two cookies, you get extra good grades, plus another cookie to eat at the end of the examn. :)

Stop stabbing the dark, dammit !!! :rant

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Lego3400

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on December 28, 2009, 03:39:28 PM
If y'all think that Oracle Math is complicated, you should see their physics lessons!!

At least their Psychology classes are fairly straight forward, though the examn is kinda hard.
You are given a cookies, which you are not allowed to eat for a whole hour, and if you manage to convince it to become two cookies, you get extra good grades, plus another cookie to eat at the end of the examn. :)

Just break it in half....  Speaking of I think I shall get some xmas cookies <.<

Stop stabbing thew dark, dammit !!! :rant

Anker Steadfast

lol ... just noticed I spelled "the" with a "w" .... hos emberassing !!
So I have corrected myself. :)

Lucheek

Hmm. Maybe being raised by creatures that have the ability to see the future has something to do with his so called "time-traveling" and why you shouldn't make bets with him.

And my guess is that the Daminka like babies.

Anker Steadfast

Lucheek

Hmmm...rereading the Demo101 page, it stresses how intelligent the Pheonix Oracles are. If they are so amazingly smart, what does 1+1= Swordfish have to do? Or maybe Pyro is just making a silly little example to explain their normal train of thought that might be on some kind of higher level or something.

bradypodidae

I believe it has more to do with Union Rules forbidding clear, easily understood answers.
Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

PencilinHand

Quote from: proeliator bradypodidae on December 30, 2009, 11:17:16 AM
I believe it has more to do with Union Rules forbidding clear, easily understood answers.

Ahh, yes, union rules.