Looking for a laptop

Started by thegayhare, December 21, 2009, 09:38:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thegayhare

Hi Hi all

I realy hate o do this but... I'm looking for a laptop and i was hopping some oneout there might have old machine they don't need.  my own laptop is dead.  It still functions but it's impossibleto get any data on it off it.

he sa part is i don't have a job yet so no income, so I'm realy looking for something you don't want.  I'm willing to cover shipping but i don't have much to cover any other costs.

I do hve food though so I'd be happy to put together a thank you gift of home made candies and baked goods.

I know , i know pretty patheic.

sorry to be abother

Crawldragon

I have a lovely Toshiba Satellite L355D-S7901 that's treated me well so far: it's powerful, reliable, it gets the job done despite coming with Vista packaged, and it only cost about $600 if my dad is to be believed. One complaint I have to make about it (well, besides that it came with Vista of all things) is that the battery life is crappy: only about 2 hours in power saver mode. I don't know what they expect you to do in only two hours, but it sure isn't "work on the go."

If I've tickled your fancy, the website is here: http://laptops.toshiba.com/laptops/satellite

Myr

Ah, I have a rather old one-it has a wireless card to go with it-but the thing is, the HD is fried, while the rest works. You'd have to get a replacement or get an external hook-up and run it that way. I'd say it's about ten years old...I'd have to dig it out of the box to find the precise model.

It overheats easily though, and since the design places the HD right in the middle under the keyboard, it's easy to get it to fry again. *sigh* Still, if you be interested, I can dig it up.
'I've seen monks try and cover their ears when they hear these haunting notes, but they just don't understand that your soul doesn't need ears to hear.' ~Malkithe

'Sanity is a spider clinging to a fluttering thread of web unaware of the fingers reaching for it, catching it, plopping it in my mouth....' ~Myr

thegayhare

Quote from: Myr on January 06, 2010, 12:05:16 AM
Ah, I have a rather old one-it has a wireless card to go with it-but the thing is, the HD is fried, while the rest works. You'd have to get a replacement or get an external hook-up and run it that way. I'd say it's about ten years old...I'd have to dig it out of the box to find the precise model.

It overheats easily though, and since the design places the HD right in the middle under the keyboard, it's easy to get it to fry again. *sigh* Still, if you be interested, I can dig it up.

wow It actualy sounds like a similer model to my own crapped out on me.  If so I might be able to slap that hard drive right into it