12/20/09 [DMFA #1068] - Awkward Date Conversations

Started by Madmann135, December 20, 2009, 02:52:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmigaDragon

Was he raised at SAIA, or did she raise him elsewhere, coming and going to SAIA as needed?
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Anker Steadfast

Well, we've all been there .. well, many of us have ... at the date, and suddenly you are being assaulted by awkardness !!
It's one of those thing that can make even seasoned adventurers shake uncontrollably!

And I think that goes twice for Dan, since Matilda just told him about how she beat her brother over his head with his own arms .. after having ripped them off of him!!!  :erk

I think it's a brave thing of him to do ... brave, but perhaps a bit foolhardy.
It should be interesting to see where Amber takes this .. maybe to the cinema ?
Who knows ?

... well, I guess Amber does. :D

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

waconet

I was thinking, that this might be the exact reason why Matilda had a disagreement with her brother, that is "You're the little sister that needs protecting" and she's all "I'll show you who needs protecting...." *violence ensues*
So she might not take too kindly for Dan doing the same thing. Or then again, it might just be completely unrelated.

Anker Steadfast

I .. REALLY don't think that she got into a fight with her brother because he was over protective of her.
In fact, she said that the species in general, thought of women in a very different way ...

"let's just say females are considered more child-bearing furniture than actual members of society."

So it's more likely she got into a fight with her brother trying to gain her own freedom, than anything.
Still, knowing how Amber sometimes twist the plot a little, they might have gotten into a fight over her black belt of sexiness!

Because that would make so much .... sense .... yeah. :D

AndersW

I love Alexsi's expression.  You can see the fear and uncertainty on her face as tears start to well up in her eyes.  Beautifully done Amber.

Madmann135

Quote from: Jasonrevall on December 20, 2009, 10:32:06 AM
If my date told me that they were a dragon on our first date I would be upset. Not because they were a dragon but because they didn't tell me sooner. All that cab fair i could have saved with a free ride from a dragon.

I would be the same way and I would want to date said dragon even more.

Also something came to mind while re-reading a few pages.  Matilda fought for her independence against her own brother and was exiled because of it, in Dan's hay day he would buy her a drink in her honor.  Now take into consideration that Dan was about to use Matilda for nefarious reasons with what Dan though was a noble cause (take Matty out on a date and watch his sister's back from afar) but after words of wisdom were given to him he let Matilda choose the location of the date (in short let fate decide).

Personally I think Matilda should be upset at him at first but forgive him as he saw the error of his ways.  Not to mention he wanted to protect his sister (like she needed it).

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Anker Steadfast

That's actually a good point, he asked her out in order to spy on his sister, but did he end up in a place where he could do just that ? Nope.

I wonder if that's a good thing though ?

Lego3400

Quote from: kusanagi-sama on December 20, 2009, 09:50:08 AM
Alexsi will either run away in fear or P-Duck will explain further that he's not the evil dragon that folklore has made them out to be.  Either way, I hope it goes well for both Alexsi and Dan.

All he needs to do is mention Fa'lina. Lexsi has probably heard Dee talk about Fa'lina at least once. That should vouch for him.

SquirrelWizard

Well that assumes that Destania said good things about Fa'lina. From what I gather, Fa'lina and Destania dont exactly meet eye to eye.
Update Status: Zombified

<Tezkat> Talking to yourself is a sign of impending mental collapse.
<SquirrelWizard> I talk to myself all the time, and I'm the sanest guy I know.

<TotalBiscuit> Upgrades! Upgrades! Upgrades! Its wacky-waving-inflatable-arm waving... nuclear missile... well, suppose that works...

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on December 20, 2009, 06:47:24 PM
Well, we've all been there .. well, many of us have ... at the date, and suddenly you are being assaulted by awkardness !!

How's this for awkward? After 2-3 dates, she brings out and shows you her wedding ideas book. :blink :boggle
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: AmigaDragon on December 21, 2009, 02:33:29 AM
Quote from: Anker Steadfast on December 20, 2009, 06:47:24 PM

How's this for awkward? After 2-3 dates, she brings out and shows you her wedding ideas book. :blink :boggle

oOoooo ... that would be .. I mean .. kinda rushing things a bit there, yeah!   :erk

Tapewolf

Quote from: SquirrelWizard on December 21, 2009, 02:02:28 AM
Well that assumes that Destania said good things about Fa'lina. From what I gather, Fa'lina and Destania dont exactly meet eye to eye.

They certainly have their differences, but I think you're short of the mark there.  See strip 712.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

joshofspam

Don't tell me another restaunt is about to be leveled to the ground by another quarreling couple in the Dan and Mab universe?

I wonder if eating establishments have insurance for such battles like Mab's parents had over the sides menu? :P

To be fair she hasn't drawn her Hammer yet so she might still be reasonable about any explanation the Ducky gives. Then again it could be she's just shock that she let a potential killer of Dan sleep in the same house as her brother and might be getting ready to do unspeakable things to him with said hammer.

It really depends on what kind of view Destania set in Alexia's head and how she thinks on the idea. She could be at least come to the idea that some dragons might not want to kill Dan 

I don't think theirs been an indication that Alexia knows that Ducky knows that Dan and and Destania are related. She just might simply dump Ducky to protect Dans secret.

Here's hoping that it ends well and doesn't go the way of battle.

Amber is getting good on the drama here isn't she? :boogie
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Alondro

Firstly, Amber has left us with a double cliff-hanger!  Way to go!  Now we're all eagerly waiting for what happens next!  That's the path to becoming a truly evil web comic creator!   >:3

Secondly, Dan needs to learn how to lie.   >:3

Thirdly, Pyro should just go for broke and eat Alexsi at this point.   >:3

Evil is fun!   :mwaha
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

StrawberryPistol87

Quote from: joshofspam on December 21, 2009, 10:32:50 AM
Don't tell me another restaunt is about to be leveled to the ground by another quarreling couple in the Dan and Mab universe?

I wonder if eating establishments have insurance for such battles like Mab's parents had over the sides menu? :P

To be fair she hasn't drawn her Hammer yet so she might still be reasonable about any explanation the Ducky gives. Then again it could be she's just shock that she let a potential killer of Dan sleep in the same house as her brother and might be getting ready to do unspeakable things to him with said hammer.

It really depends on what kind of view Destania set in Alexia's head and how she thinks on the idea. She could be at least come to the idea that some dragons might not want to kill Dan 

I don't think theirs been an indication that Alexia knows that Ducky knows that Dan and and Destania are related. She just might simply dump Ducky to protect Dans secret.

Here's hoping that it ends well and doesn't go the way of battle.

Amber is getting good on the drama here isn't she? :boogie

Ah, man the drama. i wonder what happens now.
:kirby :eager :cry :boogie :giggle

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: Alondro on December 21, 2009, 10:56:28 AM

Ah - BUT - if he tries to eat her, he'll probably get her mallet stuck in his gullet !

... provided she doesn't "stuck" it in his face first.

... repeatedly!!

:D

PencilinHand

Firstly, Amber has left us with a double cliff-hanger!  Way to go!  Now we're all eagerly waiting for what happens next!  That's the path to becoming a truly evil web comic creator!   >:3
Hehe, I think Amber isn't be some much "evil" as "maligned."  Seriously though, Amber has said she likes her characters and doesn't really like bad things happening to them.  However, she is willing to sacrifice them a bit to tell a good story.  For that I  :bow  to her.  As an aside, I love how she can depict emotions in faces and body language.

Secondly, Dan needs to learn how to lie.   >:3
No, no good can come of this.  None.  If there is one thing I know about woman it is never lie to them if you value them in any way.  You may need to find a more graceful way to convey delicate truths than just blurting them out, though.  Being brutally honest is reckless, but being honest is inestimable.

I fail to see how this will improve how Alexsi views Ducky.  Although, it may allow for a form of "ultra corpus" introspection...(it is ok, I laugh at my own jokes).

Hehehe....  Well, for the moment anyway, or at least until the cleaning bill arrives....

Alondro

The cleaning bill matters not!

We get Mexicans to clean for us!   And we pay them low wages!  :mwaha
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

Anker Steadfast

There's mexicans at Lost Lake ?
Dang, there goes the neighborhood.

What'll be next, Black elves ? :D

Alondro

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on December 23, 2009, 04:25:47 PM
There's mexicans at Lost Lake ?
Dang, there goes the neighborhood.

What'll be next, Black elves ? :D

*hmms*  I never thougth of that... Elves are so racist!  Time to re-write "Lord of the Rings" to be more socially conscious!

(Lord of da Bling)

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: Alondro on December 24, 2009, 03:03:53 AM
(Lord of da Bling)

Ha ha ha ha - That's beautiful. :D

Reminds me of Scott Kurtz's Black Elves rendition.

Naldru

I'm just wondering if anyone recalls Alexsi's conversation with Biggs in this scene.  Being married to a dragon would also give her the ability to crush her foes with ease and the resources to make her rivals squirm.

Alexsi:  The magazine gave me a horrible review.  I'm so upset.
Pyroduck:  Would it make you feel any better if I reduced their editorial staff to a fine ash and their building to a pool of bubbling lava.
Alexsi:  Thanks, dear.  That would make me feel a lot better.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Magic

Pyroduck's too much of a noble gentleman to sell himself off like that, as funny as it would be.

He did just tell Alexsi the truth.
True Magic does not bow down to rules like mana or sacrifice. True Magic bends all rules. I have seen the truth. I am now free forever. (I used to be Doctor Ink. Now stop asking.)