12/20/09 [DMFA #1068] - Awkward Date Conversations

Started by Madmann135, December 20, 2009, 02:52:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madmann135

Conversations abroad.

Seems that both the Ti'Fiona siblings can't go on a normal date.

All this time I figured Alexsi knew that P-Ducky was a dragon or something similar.  That 'surprise-sacrificed maiden in the dragon's nest' look doesn't suit her (she's more terrifying than any dragon in the comic I have seen).  I am guessing that he doesn't act like a typical dragon but he does have the nice and care free attitude and every dragon I have seen in the comic share a similar attitude.
and Dan... Dan has grown up and is willing to take a fearsome tail-kicking by being honest.  

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Demont

e_voyager

at least both of them are trying to be honest. ah well lest see what happens. it may not be all that bad.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Tapewolf

Looks like Destania has been feeding her children with tales of how evil the Dragons are.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Dard

Yes, frist thing I thought was: "She already knew he is a creature with bat wings. Why does she care what kind of creature exactly?"
Second thought: "She is a daughter of Destania. I can't believe Destania's hatred for dragons wouldn't manifest in her education somewhere."

!KCA

Considering their power and the way dragons have mired themselves in Furrae religion, at the very least, Alexi has discovered she's on a date with a minor diety. That sort of thing tends to mess with your head.

MT Hazard

Poor Dan, even in the dramatic truth revealing he comes second (and his date already knew his species/race)
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Tapewolf

Awesome posture on Alexsi, there.  Matilda may storm out, she may rough Dan up, but edging away from her date as though he's poisonous is not something I can easily see her doing when she already knows what he is and that, overall, he's a good person. 

Janus Whitefurr

This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

StrawberryPistol87

Thought she knew  :erk awkward.
Then again it makes sence why Dan hates drakes.
parents sometimes do that.
if a parent hates dogs. they say that too their kids. and have unneeded fear for dogs.  :mowdizzy
Dansell in distress doesnt suit Alexsi?
i kind of agree with that one. :kirby

bradypodidae

Who would have guessed at the beginning of this date-arc that Dan would end up having the more successful evening. True, we haven't seen the outcome of Dan's coming clean with Matilda, and Alexsi is still technically on her date, but my inclination is Alexsi's date is turning into a train wreck and Matilda will go to a more understanding and perhaps even appreciative stance of Dan's "big brother" reactions to protecting his sister.

Considering how this started and how it's playing out, is this another well-played...
:twist
Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Scrap Fish

Quote from: !KCA on December 20, 2009, 06:15:47 AM
Considering their power and the way dragons have mired themselves in Furrae religion, at the very least, Alexi has discovered she's on a date with a minor diety. That sort of thing tends to mess with your head.
Oh my.

I'm also pretty sure that Dan and P-Ducky are thinking the same thing right about now.
Hmm... Which is worse?
"I only went on a date with you to protect my sister from demons,"
or "hey, I'm a dragon?"

Just spreading the confusion around. There's enough for everybody!

StrawberryPistol87

Quote from: Scrap Fish on December 20, 2009, 09:21:28 AM
Quote from: !KCA on December 20, 2009, 06:15:47 AM
Oh my.

I'm also pretty sure that Dan and P-Ducky are thinking the same thing right about now.
Hmm... Which is worse?
"I only went on a date with you to protect my sister from demons,"
or "hey, I'm a dragon?"

Dan 1 P-Duck 0
i will keep up the score :D

Chakat Blackspots

Alexsi will either run away in fear or P-Duck will explain further that he's not the evil dragon that folklore has made them out to be.  Either way, I hope it goes well for both Alexsi and Dan.

Jasonrevall

If my date told me that they were a dragon on our first date I would be upset. Not because they were a dragon but because they didn't tell me sooner. All that cab fair i could have saved with a free ride from a dragon.
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

Sunblink

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 20, 2009, 04:54:57 AM
Looks like Destania has been feeding her children with tales of how evil the Dragons are.

I don't think she'd be particularly prejudiced against the Dragons, though. But considering they were apparently in a really bad war with the Cubi for a while, and two (maybe three) of her family members are Cubi, she could just be frightened for her family's safety. (Plus the fact a Dragon seemingly infiltrated her home while remaining really close to her brother would give the wrong impression.)

FFFFF I haven't speculated in this board for a long time. Hi folks how're ya doing.

With that out of the way, I loved the comic. The joke was awesome even if I feel kind of bad for all involved. :B Poor Matilda and Alexsi. I hope they take the admissions well.

OminousShadow

What is happening now makes what has happened to Abel/might be happening to Abel now seem very small. Crazy Drunk Chick hitting on Abel with an unhelpful Mab isn't as bad as what is happening with the 2 dates.
97% of teens would cry if they saw Robert Pattinson (Edward Cullen from Twilight) standing on top of a skyscraper, about to jump. If you're one of the 3% who would sit there eating popcorn screaming "DO A FLIP, YOU SPARKLY (I am not smart enough to use polite words)!" then copy and paste.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on December 20, 2009, 11:09:25 AM
I don't think she'd be particularly prejudiced against the Dragons, though.
You're referring to Alexsi, right?  Destania seems to have made it her life's ambition to kill/expel or otherwise neutralise them.

QuoteFFFFF I haven't speculated in this board for a long time. Hi folks how're ya doing.

Good to have you back.

Sunblink

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 20, 2009, 11:16:17 AM
You're referring to Alexsi, right?  Destania seems to have made it her life's ambition to kill/expel or otherwise neutralise them.

I did mean Alexsi. Definitely. Sorry that I wasn't terribly clear.

Good to have you back.

Thank you kindly, sarge. c:

demecowen

My question is why would Pyro Duck admit he is a dragon, what happen during his date that would make him to tell her.

This is not the sort thing you tell on your first date, maybe on your third date definitely before marriage. 

Tapewolf

Quote from: demecowen on December 20, 2009, 12:45:49 PM
My question is why would Pyro Duck admit he is a dragon, what happen during his date that would make him to tell her.
Alexsi did the same as Matilda, most likely.  "So... what kind of a Creature are you...?"

terrycloth

I didn't really think this was Pyro and Alexsi's *first* date. They've certainly been *flirting* for a while...

Naldru

As Benjamin Franklin once said

When in doubt, tell the truth.  It will amaze your friends and confound your enemies.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Tapewolf

I don't think she'd be particularly prejudiced against the Dragons, though. But considering they were apparently in a really bad war with the Cubi for a while, and two (maybe three) of her family members are Cubi, she could just be frightened for her family's safety. (Plus the fact a Dragon seemingly infiltrated her home while remaining really close to her brother would give the wrong impression.)
Re-reading this, I think you could be in the right ballpark.  Alexsi seems to be a sort of 'keeper of family lore', i.e. Dee entrusted her with lots of information about 'Cubi and what it means for Dan.  I really, really don't think that she would have neglected "And the Dragons want to kill me, Dan, your father and probably you too just to be on the safe side."

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Madmann135 on December 20, 2009, 02:52:35 AM
Conversations abroad.
I am guessing that he doesn't act like a typical dragon but he does have the nice and care free attitude and every dragon I have seen in the comic share a similar attitude.
Remember, he was raised by Fa'Lina, not by dragons. Why would he act typical?
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Orion Asmodeus Dezagrats

This shan't end well.

...Or maybe that's just what Amber wants us to think, making it end well regardless.
HOWEVER, it's been well-established that she tends to thwart our every effort at predicting
where the comic goes, so she might JUST make it end badly, simply to spite those who think she might make it end well!

Ow, my brain.

EDIT: Also, Alexsi's face just makes me want to hug her. :< Despite the fact that  she (Or Duckie) would likely shatter my skull either with a well-placed fist or her hammer.  :U
"There are things in life that we hold dear... Truths that we learn almost since the day we are born... beliefs that are solid as stone .... Then the wind blows a direction it cannot and certainty becomes an echo, and truth is sometimes deceiving."                          --Melpomene, Clan of the Cats

Kabbalist

Quote from: Orion Asmodeus Dezagrats on December 20, 2009, 01:49:14 PM
This shan't end well.

...Or maybe that's just what Amber wants us to think, making it end well regardless.
HOWEVER, it's been well-established that she tends to thwart our every effort at predicting
where the comic goes, so she might JUST make it end badly, simply to spite those who think she might make it end well!

And once more I emerge from my lurking to post!  :mowninja

Orion, I like to take a less values-oriented view of things. Rather than "end well" or "end badly," I prefer to approach such plot developments with "oh, this should be good!"

In other words: however it ends, getting there is going to be such a fun ride!

Orion Asmodeus Dezagrats

I see.
OR DO I?

MAYBE YOU'RE JUST TRYING TO MAKE ME THINK I SEE
AAAAAAAAAA*brainfart*

Randomness aside, I'd like to know what you mean by 'values-oriented'.
"There are things in life that we hold dear... Truths that we learn almost since the day we are born... beliefs that are solid as stone .... Then the wind blows a direction it cannot and certainty becomes an echo, and truth is sometimes deceiving."                          --Melpomene, Clan of the Cats

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 20, 2009, 11:16:17 AM
I don't think she'd be particularly prejudiced against the Dragons, though.

Alexsi may at least know of the friction between dragons and Cyra clan (or at least Destania). Any fear likely wouldn't be for herself but for Dan. Though thinking on it, she'd realize how many opportunities he's had to kill Dan if that were his goal.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

SpottedKitty

Quote from: AmigaDragon on December 20, 2009, 01:45:31 PM

Remember, he was raised by Fa'Lina, not by dragons. Why would he act typical?

That reminder makes me wonder again: how many people at SAIA knew about Pyro? Abel certainly didn't. Pyro's time at SAIA might even have been before Abel arrived. Did Destania know about him? If so, it looks like she didn't tell Alexsi.

I foresee more   :twist  ahead...
ENGLISH: A language that lurks in dark alleys, beats up other languages
and rifles through their pockets for spare vocabulary.